Nilfgaard v. Monsters - Predictions?

+
Nilfgaard v. Monsters - Predictions?

The faction challenge is back, along with some nice borders. So what do you predict, who will win? Which side are you supporting and why?

As a big NG fan I'll definately be doing my best to get as many wins for my faction as I can. And who can deny how beautiful that Nilfgaardian border looks? Trump would be jealous.

I like more monsters border to be honest. But i hate monsters as a faction since closed beta. I will play ng and hope to win border because i like borders

It's interesting because both have a topish deck right now (Spies and Consume). But Monster consume isn't that popular at lower ranks, while NG alchemy is everywhere. I think NG will take it.

How popular are the two factions overall right now?

iamthedave;n10306212 said:
It's interesting because both have a topish deck right now (Spies and Consume). But Monster consume isn't that popular at lower ranks, while NG alchemy is everywhere. I think NG will take it.

How popular are the two factions overall right now?

I searched for last weeks meta report and this is the deck popularity:
NG ~27%
MO ~16.3%

​​​​​​But take a look at the report yourself, you can also see the winrates of each leader against other leaders:
https://gwentup.com/report/18/2

Keep in mind that the faction challenge could have a big influence on the popularity. And MO is probably a bit more popular after Gwent Open. I wanted to craft my first Monsters deck today after watching Open, but that'll have to wait until after the challenge.

Don't know which faction will win -- both have several viable decks -- but I do hope Nilfgaard takes the victory.

In any case, this challenge is giving me a great reason to play my swarm and Shupe decks. Both have already earned victories.

:victory:

Didn't see many Monster decks, but every second game was against a fellow NG player.

I made a deck with geralt axii . Pretty good counter for nekkers. Also sweers and for movement (to trick player puting all his units in a row ) i use drought. Some matches against other factions i lose but i hace a great satisfaction winning against nekkers (which i hate them very much)

RidiculousName;n10306662 said:
Didn't see many Monster decks, but every second game was against a fellow NG player.

Had a similar experience. Saw the "Faction Challenges back" note in the news section and jumped right into a NG alchemy deck, love that archetype, so much fun. First ~5 opponents in a row were NG players. Felt pretty good and I thought "I don't care which one of us takes the victory my Nilfgaardian brother."

Not a single MO deck though surprisingly. Have to add that I'm only in the ~3k MMR section right now. Don't care much about the Broche avatar.

NF have more variation when it comes to competitive archetypes. This may have been timed better post balance patch or if both sides got a border and the dust went to the winner on top.

I've won my match with my NF Lambert deck. Now back to NR again. In my game of witcher 3, Geralt doesnt pick sides

I think that NG is the stronger faction at the moment, so I'd be surprised if Monster players win this matchup. But we'll see :)

Raunbjorn

It's gonna be NG, it's not even close. I have a solution for this challenge that I made in a post earlier:

I think people should be rewarded the border regardless of which faction wins the challenge. That way you can claim to be a Monsters/Nilfgaard player whereas now it just shows that you're speculating on which faction is the one winning. Personally I would want the Monsters border since I've mained Eredin since I started playing the game and I like the faction but I'm planning on playing NG instead since I think they're gonna win the challenge.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get the border but I think these challenges should be reworked nonetheless.

With just a few adjustments they could make these challenges fun and engaging!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm beating most NG decks with my eridin nova but I still think NG will win. Spy engine is simply too strong to consistantly beat imo.

Just gonna lead to a horrible player experience as matchmaking is flooded with the worst faction to ever play against NG. I would like my fun back please CDPR.

ZenaRose;n10306162 said:
Ill play 1 game for both factions and will receive my reward like i did in NR vs SK

You need to win at least one game with each to qualify.

As for OP, NG easy...

No chance for Monsters (a Monster player...)
Képkivágás 2.JPG

Attachments

• Képkivágás 2.JPG
    Képkivágás 2.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 70
I hope my Nilfgaardian brethren don't disappoint the Empire! Nilfgaard has always been my favorite faction so I hope they win. Best of luck to y'all, Monsters will put up a good fight for sure. Time to bring back the old spy deck.
:doubt2: vs. :eredin:

Top Bottom