Nilfgaardian Deck Strategies

+
Nilfgaardian Deck Strategies

WELCOME TO NILFGAARDIAN FACTION

Any discuss about Nilfgaardian Strategies welcome here.

For first information we know now that about Emhyr var Emreis leader and PASSIVE ability. So let discuss Strategies at very beginning.

Passive Ability: Redraw one card each round
As I guess, it's will trigger before start a turn. That mean won't affect as Scoial'tael Francesca leader. Maybe just as Scoial'tael ability as we want re-draw a card or not. Imo, that's enough strong ability same as other faction.

Emhyr var Emreis Ability: Reveal two random card in opponent's hand
This ability seem same in one of leader ability in The Witcher 3. Although, it's useless in there but PvP, it's seem interesting. That's card seem useful at end of round when our opponent's not have much card left. So we will know they strategies. Sometime, I want to know what's card in my opponent. They hold first light or something else. In other word, that will be a key card to win a round. With this ability we can avoid it. Useful card for beginner but not sure that worth for senior.

Not sure how it will be after the balance fix, but in current meta Emhyr's ability would be practically useless. ST and NR burning through the deck in round 1, and everyone have the same cards, with very little variations. You can say for sure what they have in hand in round 2/3 by giving one look in their graveyard.

And this ability can't change anything on the field - even Francesca has indirect impact on the game. But with Emhyr it's like you're just stalling a turn.

DEERCG;n7573090 said:
Passive Ability: Redraw one card each round As I guess, it's will trigger before start a turn. That mean won't affect as Scoial'tael Francesca leader. Maybe just as Scoial'tael ability as we want re-draw a card or not. Imo, that's enough strong ability same as other faction.

I'm guessing this will be instead of a three card mulligan for round one. You still mulligan three cards total, just 1 each round instead of three in round 1.

It's ability seems pretty weak. 0 board impact, 0 consistency or thinning, it just left you with information, which is pretty weak.

"Look 2 random cards, draw a card" would certainly stronger.

idomyownstunts;n7577080 said:
Surprised no one's coined it Milfgaard yet. You people have a lot of growing up to do.

I wouldn't go there. The next step is milfguard. And then, well...

OptoNick;n7575310 said:
Not sure how it will be after the balance fix, but in current meta Emhyr's ability would be practically useless. ST and NR burning through the deck in round 1, and everyone have the same cards, with very little variations. You can say for sure what they have in hand in round 2/3 by giving one look in their graveyard.

And this ability can't change anything on the field - even Francesca has indirect impact on the game. But with Emhyr it's like you're just stalling a turn.

I respectfully disagree, and think it will be a very useful ability (especially if we can activate it more than once as has been hinted at). There are certain factions you need to hold specific cards in order to react to them. For example, holding a clear skies vs SK so that you are free to play on the melee row and avoid Coral/aard to force the leader ability out in round 1. If you know your opponent is holding a Coral/Aeromancy/aard you can play accordingly. It also improves your ability to play aggressively if you know to hold onto your weather until they use the clear skies you know they have in their hand.

It can also force your opponent to play cards in a different order than they normally would if they know you can see their card. There is no sense in holding onto a surprise 3rd round grave hag bomb or aard combo if I know my opponent can see it and hold onto to a card to answer the threat. It reduces the reliability of the play, and I may chose to just drop it from my hand hoping that they do not currently hold an answer card.

Treamayne;n7575440 said:
I'm guessing this will be instead of a three card mulligan for round one. You still mulligan three cards total, just 1 each round instead of three in round 1.

I expect it to be in addition to the initial mulligan so that they are not at a disadvantage to other factions that can fix poor initial draw. It would be a terrible faction ability otherwise since every faction gets the first 3 mulligans for free. I'm curious if we will be able to black list cards with this, because that would allow for some very great consistency.

idomyownstunts;n7577080 said:
Surprised no one's coined it Milfgaard yet.
Many have before now -- rather to excess, in fact.

However, let us not dwell over-much upon that somewhat dubious appellation.

Riven-Twain;n7581140 said:
Many have before now -- rather to excess, in fact.

However, let us not dwell over-much upon that somewhat dubious appellation.

You use big words that hurt my brain.

On topic, noted and moving on.

NG strategy thread from skellige player.. just kidding :smiling2:

Anyways I have one little suggestion even though it's really not important but if possible just change letho image to Emhyr Var Emreis as I think Emhyr really defines the nilfgaard then letho the witcher :)

I know that some changes are going to happen to the cards before the patch hits, but what do you think of this deck? http://gwentify.com/decks/spyception/ :happy2:(might switch Fake Ciri to Roach or whatever, as she [Ciri] seems to be easily countered by Nilfgaard, which is going to be played by 99% of people for few weeks).

Looking for an Emhyr Var Emreis Semi Budget deck, any pointers? I was thinking of using reveal based cards (but spying seems infinitely more fun). I have 300~ scraps right now, can maybe craft John Calveit?

Hoping to update this post.

Does anybody know what the contents of the Nilfgaard Starter deck are? I can make guesses - and I have identified the 18 Faction specific cads that were automatically loaded with the new patch, but I'm unsure which 7 neutral cards would fill the remainder of the starter. Seems like all previous starters had Scorch. 3 out of 4 had Prize-Winning Cow and Commander's Horn. Of course, Geralt. Then some combination of removal and weather is likely.

Unless, of course, they actually made changes to all starter decks due to the various patches and introduction of Nilfgaard. Guess we may need a new player that joins after 0.8.60 to verify everything, maybe?

Analyzing the four original starter decks shows that the card pool of Neutral cards that is available for completing the starter deck was:

Leader

1x Emhyr Var Emreis

Melee 6

2x Impera Brigade
2x Daerlan Foot Soldiers
1x Prize-Winning Cow
1x Geralt

Ranged 4

2x Black Infantry Arbalest
2x Alchemist

Siege 3

2x Fire Scorpion
1x Fringilla Vigo

Agile 4

2x Spotter
2x Nauzicaa Standard Bearer

Event/Disloyal 8

2x Emissary
1x Ambassador
2x First Light
1x Swallow Potion
1x Commander's Horn
1x Scorch

Other considerations, Starter Deck Monster and NR have 3 Silvers and Geralt while Starter Deck Scoia'tel and Skellige have 4 silvers and Geralt. So, Nilfgaard will probably have Geralt and Scorch (since all four other decks do), Fringilla is one Silver so the third is likely Commander's Horn with Prize Winning Cow as the fourth (though I suspect Nilfgaard will only have 3 Silver, like Mon and NR).

Last edited:
Treamayne;n7692920 said:
Hoping to update this post.

Does anybody know what the contents of the Nilfgaard Starter deck are? I can make guesses - and I have identified the 18 Faction specific cads that were automatically loaded with the new patch, but I'm unsure which 7 neutral cards would fill the remainder of the starter. Seems like all previous starters had Scorch. 3 out of 4 had Prize-Winning Cow and Commander's Horn. Of course, Geralt. Then some combination of removal and weather is likely.

Unless, of course, they actually made changes to all starter decks due to the various patches and introduction of Nilfgaard. Guess we may need a new player that joins after 0.8.60 to verify everything, maybe?

Analyzing the four original starter decks shows that the card pool of Neutral cards that is available for completing the starter deck was:

1x Prize Winning Cow
1x Geralt

1x Adrenaline Rush
1x Alzur's Thunder
1x Biting Frost
2x Clear Skies
1x Commander's Horn
1x Epidemic
2x Impenetrable Fog
1x Lacerate
1x Scorch
1x Swallow Potion
1x Thunderbolt Potion
1x Torrential Rain
2x Warcry

Other considerations, Starter Deck Monster and NR have 3 Silvers and Geralt while Starter Deck Scoia'tel and Skellige have 4 silvers and Geralt. So, Nilfgaard will probably have Geralt and Scorch (since all four other decks do), Fringilla is one Silver so the third is likely Commander's Horn with Prize Winning Cow as the fourth (though I suspect Nilfgaard will only have 3 Silver, like Mon and NR).

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/10968-cd-projekt-red-nilfgaard-starter-deck By Paweł Burza.

Top Bottom