Nithral card still seems bad after patch.

+
I will say that a Nithral/Operator combo is nasty if you can pull it off, but its pretty cheesy and your opponent knows exactly whats coming so its really on whether or not they have an answer in their hand for it.

Ultimately, we need another bronze Wild Hunt unit for the card to be truly "good" and even then its likely just going to be removal bait.

KaynOfNosgoth;n7181040 said:
Care to elaborate?

If it would be 7 points then you wouldn't be able to remove it with anything except Radovid (cause if you''re exp you'd make sure that Nithral isn't your strongest or weakest unit). Also you said you want freeze effect to work differently depending on warriors and Nithral?? Then I want to have Elven Mercenaries drawing damaging cards only if they don't weaken me.

KasumiGoto;n7182700 said:
If it would be 7 points then you wouldn't be able to remove it with anything except Radovid (cause if you''re exp you'd make sure that Nithral isn't your strongest or weakest unit). Also you said you want freeze effect to work differently depending on warriors and Nithral?? Then I want to have Elven Mercenaries drawing damaging cards only if they don't weaken me.

I think u misunderstood me,i want that when Charantir is summoned,first he puts down the frost and then Nithral does his thing,now it doesn't work that way.As for the 7 points,sure u can leave him at 6 but just allow the player to choose what he wants to dmg.There's enough random effects for the monsters as it is.But i would take the 7 points any day over that.

KaynOfNosgoth;n7182720 said:
I think u misunderstood me,i want that when Charantir is summoned,first he puts down the frost and then Nithral does his thing,now it doesn't work that way.

Weather effects have to resolve after triggered damage effects, there are too many card synergies that would go out of control otherwise. For example, would you really want to see Savage Bear kill every non-immune unit when played with Rahg Nah Roog?

I understand you want Nithral to be better, but that just is just begging for trouble across all factions. Personally, I think Nithral is about the best he can be where he is. 7 was too high and 1 damage was too low. 6 STR for 2 damage each wild hunt is good, he's in the same category as every other "kill on sight if you can" power play. Sarah, Hawker Support, Odrin, Tuirseach Axeman, Dimun Pirate Captain, Warship, Gravehag, etc. They are all great cards that will often be killed as soon as they are played. You either take that risk and play them, or you move on to another strategy.

If Nithral had to change at all, I could see him as a 6 STR silver that deals one damage and gains 1 Str when a wild hunt card is played, it would be similar to doing 2 damage, but make him harder to kill the longer he lasts.

Except Sarah,all the cards that you mentioned are bronze cards,as for Gravehag and Nithral...they are both monster faction silver cards,but i see your point.
The change you mentioned is interesting but it doesn't change the fact that he'll die on site.
Anyway i think it's best if i stop commenting on the matter.I see i'm the only 1 that feels this way and there has been enough fuss about 1 card:)
Ty all for sharing your opinions,maybe i was wrong about this card and it really is in a good place.

Every card that do something when you play a card after this is OP when it has more then 6 Power. And when you look at other cards like this then you see that they have all a max power from 6.

Margarita, Ves, Ele'Yas, Sarah and Nithral.

KasumiGoto;n7218040 said:
Not really sure if it's good getting Witchers with Caranthir.

just use the witchers on first round and let frost appear on later rounds. Ciri + witchers was a good opening against skelige.

Top Bottom