NK's List of Major(ish) Encountered Bugs (so far)

+
1: EXTREMELY Sluggish Controls. The Crouch Toggle command sometimes does not work at all, sometimes takes as much as a second after key release to actually happen, and sometimes requires me to hold down the crouch toggle key. Just to add to this, crouch sometimes refuses to work at ALL if I am facing anything that can be interacted with, even if I am not interacting with it. The Sprint key works better, but sometimes also fails to respond (Swimming also swapped the sprint key to a different key temporarily).
1b: Sprinting shuts off if I vault an object. This effects both Sprint Hold and Sprint Toggle as far as my testing has found. Usually after this is when the longer keystroke delays happen.
1c: (2020.12.15) Jump key is getting in on the act now.
1d: (2020.12.24) "Fixed" crouch.
As long as the keyboard controls are default I experience LESS lag with crouch (weapon menu/holster and sprint are still screwed up). Jump still sometimes refuses to work if I am facing intractable objects. This leaves me with the aggravation of having my crouch controls completely backward from all other games I play. Note: all these controls work fine on my controller (but the game's too annoying to play on that thing) but most of my keyboard controls aside from movement STOP WORKING if I do NOT have a controller plugged in (I can plug it in, start the launcher, and unplug and only get a big, shiny, corpo warning message).

2: UI elements slowly vanishing/freezing during play. I was playing for about 5 hours earlier and noticed that after a while the display of my current Cyberdeck RAM was gone. Not long after that my Stamina bar stopped showing up. At some point my HEALTH BAR STOPPED UPDATING and just showed 0 until I exited out.

3: No easy way to disable Mouse Smoothing/Acceleration. I found a guide that gave me some command line addons that do disable Mouse Acceleration, so now the camera actually stops moving when I stop moving the mouse, but not leaving an option to disable the Auto-Player-Motion-Sickness feature seems like a major oversight.

4: Escaping the fancy-pants motel after Saburo's murder, last badguy kept flicker-respawning in the elevator. Did manage to kill him, though he was not always hitable, but could not interact with him. Reloaded game and he spawned.... mostly normally but still kept rubberbanding into the elevator.
4b: (2020.12.23) Fixed in hotfix.

5: After approx. 45 minutes of gameplay all enemies can see me through walls, floors, ceilings, cars..
. basically their view cones are no longer stopped by solid objects.
5b: (2020.12.15) Down to 20 minutes of gameplay since today's driver update. Something hinky here.

6: Tech Weapons Will Not Fire. This happens seemingly at random, but every so often (always at the outset of about every other fight) my Tech weapons will refuse to fire or charge. At all. This can ONLY be fixed by saving the game, exiting to the main menu, and reloading the save. Though this has mostly effected my efforts to snipe with Nekomata, I have tested it with other tech weapons and they are also effected by this bug.
6b: Tech weapons have NOT glitched out since the save file size patch.

7?: Not sure if I even want to call this a bug, but... my car is a homicidal maniac.
I've been driving Waka's little smartcar thing and when I call it to pick me up it will go through anything and anyONE to get to me. Last time I called it the thing killed three people and hit a limo. I'm not sure this needs fixed, though; I was laughing myself stupid for five minutes. It seems more like the cars AI has a personality.

8: Ground to Air corpse projectiles. Sometimes when carrying an unconscious body, when I put the body down there is a bug where there will be a blast of blood, a splattering sound, and the now-corpse will go shooting straight upward at insane speed. Needless to say this makes playing a no-kill run... kind of impossible. Happens either as I put the body down, or the instant I am not facing it.

9: (2020.12.15) Nudity Went Away. Day one nudity worked normally. I didn't mind it. Liked the realism, in fact. It was immersive. Now, according to CDPR, Nudity was never intended to exist outside the inventory screen. This is not a bug in the game, this is a bug in the developer.

---

Frustrations:

1: No walk toggle. Sometimes in character I just want to walk or not constantly bump into people I'm following. I GET IT that this game was blatantly skewed toward forcing people to use a controller, but this is just exasperating.

2: Clothes. I mean... where ARE the NPCs shopping? I want to buy some of THAT stuff! I am sick to death of having to pick between Homeless Chic and Hiphop. I want to dress like the mox (no i don't mean a beany with the Mox logo). I want to dress like _I_ would in that setting! What the megaheckers?!

3: No 3rd Person. I know this was intended by the devs and I've heard the whole "1st person is more immersive" thing over and over from one developer after another. It is just as much a load of crap as ever. I have at least some sense in real life of what is close behind me. To the sides. 1st person cameras are like losing all my peripheral vision and a chunk of object permanence. TO ME it's like someone chopped half my sense awareness away. Extremely disorienting and causes some motion sickness (though not enough for full blown vomiting since getting mouse accel turned off).

4: Save File Size. REALLY?! 8mb save file caps?! Okay, for console, sure, they have tighter limits, but for PC as well?! This game was not made for its majority audience... Thankfully, even though CDPR has flat out said they could not fix this save file corruption problem... somebody on Nexus has already fixed it with a simple INI file. =-_-= ((FIXED IN HOTFIX 1.06))

---

I just want to say here that I LOVE this game, and am thoroughly addicted. I'd love MORE clothes options (shopping addicts of Night City unite!) and maybe a few more appearance options (I couldn't find any skin or hair options as pale as myself in game), but I am having a ton of fun.
To be honest, despite all the complaints being fired at Cyberpunk, I think it's stunning that it has this FEW major glitches given the scale of it. Game development is never easy and I'm hoping this keeps being updated and improved (seriously. Much as I love Bloodlines the community is STILL trying to patch all the holes the poor devs left in it. Let's not do that again.).

Last edited:
Hi... I'm not sure if I found out another Big:

Red samurai Icon and Too Much Weight Icons left of the health bar... Blurry/glitchy vison stay on all the time and my inventory is at half...

I don't understand is parti of the story or it got stuck from when I exited Clouds and you feel the effects of the Relic going bad...

Any suggestions?

I'm going mad

3: No 3rd Person. I know this was intended by the devs and I've heard the whole "1st person is more immersive" thing over and over from one developer after another. It is just as much a load of crap as ever. I have at least some sense in real life of what is close behind me. To the sides. 1st person cameras are like losing all my peripheral vision and a chunk of object permanence. TO ME it's like someone chopped half my sense awareness away. Extremely disorienting and causes some motion sickness (though not enough for full blown vomiting since getting mouse accel turned off).
If I could pick one thing to add to this game it would be 3rd person mode... :giveup:

1.png

She just stood there when I tried not killing her and shot her in the leg! (After she decided to start a fight)

I would add to your second point. UI often has large delays displaying things that are queued to be displayed.
Example: Pick up few items, kill someone, gain exp, gain money.
After a while some things will be displayed with a delay. Others will stop displaying at all (for example money gain after hacking something).

I would add to your second point. UI often has large delays displaying things that are queued to be displayed.
Example: Pick up few items, kill someone, gain exp, gain money.
After a while some things will be displayed with a delay. Others will stop displaying at all (for example money gain after hacking something).
I noticed that. Seems to become longer and longer delays the longer I play, too. (was up to about a 5 minute delay tonight).

Top Bottom