no actual 'building' in the gameplay, only destroying

+
Is it me or are 90% of the decks out there one version or another of control decks?
Most of my games end up being both players throwing trash at each other that gets destroyed on the next turn or 2 turns later MAX.
The game revolved around who is keeping a better 'secret' last move to top the other player since everything before that gets destroyed anyway.
I rarely see a game where both players utilize card synergies at the same time (I'm excluding the 'destroy' synergies, every deck has them).
I rarely see a game where both players end with more than 20 score at the same time, which in general is not supposed to be a big deal right? 3 average bronze cards should net you 15+.
The game does not feel like a battlefield, it feels more like summoning pokemons with every pokemon beating the previous into pulp.

Thoughts?

I think that is mostly true, yes. I lost a lot of games because any cards I play that might have a tactical advantage in later rounds get destroyed instantly. Try to prevent that with Wyvern Shield, or Thunderbolt in this era of Artefact paranoia is very difficult as they get wiped instantly. I think it’s also partly to do with the 10 card cap. It’s harder to build up a good mix of offensive and buffing cards because if you have more than 7 cards at end of R1 or R2 as you are gambling with what cards will potentially be banished, and if it’s one or two of your finisher cards you are screwed. It’s a bit of a Sophie’s Choice.

Yep pretty much. Attack is far, far stronger than defense in this game. If you try and build something you run an incredibly high risk of being scorched or suffering multiple unit wipe. From a new players perspective, it seems like there are far too many cards that can effectively single-handedly derail an entire board if you're trying to play a handbuff Deck like Filavandrel or Woodland Spirit. Decks related to building carry the highest risk for too little reward. I would like to see more immune units and units who can potentially salvage given boosts and transfer them to another ally in the event of an instant wipe scenario.

For me there are 3 top decks atm. Big monsters, Eithne removal (no artifacts) and NG reveal. The first builds the graveyard with big nonster cards, the second plays hard on removing enemy cards, and the third is less heavy kb removal, but with big cards as well.

There is a lot of removal, but at the other hand, if you are able to get your engines running, you become pretty much unstoppable.
Also, while the Meta is removal heavy, it isn't that bad, as it isn't that difficult to create decks with a few adjustments that are able to compete with the top decks.

I liked the cleverness of the pre-nerf Cahir buff deck. I also like the concept of Lippy. But there isn't a single deck I enjoy playing in constructed right now.

For me the solution was only to play arena. Arena has it's own problems though. Brand new players can get matched against pros. High wins are dependant on the cards offered to you while drafting. I also feel like my wins would plummet if there was a tier list website for bad players to copy from.

It is perhaps the main reason I don't care to play after the arrival of the new game. I like control, but when literally everything out there shuts whatever other strategy there is, the fun is out of the game.

BTW I'll have to point the annoying ST Immune units in the face of Saesejkagfgf and Milva. Such a stupid FN design.

its almost like removing armor as a mechanic and giving maybe three cards immune might have been a bad idea. Oh well, maybe they will finally decide to make a bronze spell that just gives a creature immune.

^ true but any round vs Eredin where my opponent makes ge'els immune is kind of a wash right now. I feel like a neutral card that granted immune would be worth 15 points to some decks. I'm thinking we need more immune characters with modest synergy abilities that dont cost the Earth just because they're immune.

Top Bottom