No ADS toggle option on PC

+
Making it even worse is when you attempt to modulate the forward movement, in order to reduce speed, you end up pressing and releasing "w" repeatedly too fast and it cause the "double tap to dodge" in the forward direction and move forward in a burst. Exactly opposite of what you were trying to accomplish.

I thought these guys were supposed to be known as the PC-focused develpers?

Making it even worse is when you attempt to modulate the forward movement, in order to reduce speed, you end up pressing and releasing "w" repeatedly too fast and it cause the "double tap to dodge" in the forward direction and move forward in a burst. Exactly opposite of what you were trying to accomplish.

I thought these guys were supposed to be known as the PC-focused develpers?
Nope, console ports are much easier and apparently who they geared their game towards. Screw people with disabilities, or even just normal gamers who want to have simple basic features that every game since 1999 has had.
Post automatically merged:

Here is Autohotkey script that works for me.
Do not hold RMB, click it, but thiss will mess up your melee combat, cause you will be stuck in blocking stance after single click because it's toggled. As said before lazy programming, they could not be bothered to open up a whole tree of flagging things as melee and ADS weapons so instead they made a shortcut to send the game through and made it simpler for them to code...

*RButton Up::
If (Toggle := !Toggle){
Send {Click Down Right}
}
Else{
Send {RButton up}
}
return
Post automatically merged:

You could probably hotkey the whole script to enable it and disable when necessary. Depending on melee/gunfight scenario. what a mess.
I wish I saw this before I busted my game trying to figure out how to do super basic things like WALK, and toggle Aim Down Sights, Cyberpunk2077 is introducing a new feature into video games, you have to hack our game to get basic features that all games since 2000 have.

Last edited:
Yea agreed the binding is badly done. I mean they need to understand that just because consoles exist doesn't mean they have to dumb down all the advantages of a PC environment. I mean its not even something specific to this game, a control system can be made to suit any game and just have game specific tweaks for stuff that needs it. I have a keyboard but not even a way to set a key for some basic functionality. Its almost like they take away options from PC users so its equal or some crap which is absolute rubbish.

There are a million problems, but not having toggle aim is a colossal oversight that means no-one tested the game on PC using kb&mouse. Let that sink in. It's a game-breaking issue that should have been patched on the first day if the studio actually gave a shit and didn't just want a quick cash grab. It completely destroys the entire FPS mechanic - I wouldn't pay $20 for the game in its current state.

The worst part is that CDPR have decided to ignore all questions concerning toggle aim/walk etc. They're taking the exact opposite route we expected of them. They're absolutely destroying their stellar reputation by ignoring us and pretending that we don't exist. That's CDPR's take on this - PC gamers simply don't matter.

I'll give them until monday to announce a patch that includes at the very least a toggle ads feature or I'll be getting a refund, and that'll also be the last time I give my money to CDPR. They don't give to shits about us, so the only thing we can do is vote with our wallets.

FYI; They won't update the controls unless we start asking for refunds.

There are a million problems, but not having toggle aim is a colossal oversight that means no-one tested the game on PC using kb&mouse. Let that sink in. It's a game-breaking issue that should have been patched on the first day if the studio actually gave a shit and didn't just want a quick cash grab. It completely destroys the entire FPS mechanic - I wouldn't pay $20 for the game in its current state.

The worst part is that CDPR have decided to ignore all questions concerning toggle aim/walk etc. They're taking the exact opposite route we expected of them. They're absolutely destroying their stellar reputation by ignoring us and pretending that we don't exist. That's CDPR's take on this - PC gamers simply don't matter.

I'll give them until monday to announce a patch that includes at the very least a toggle ads feature or I'll be getting a refund, and that'll also be the last time I give my money to CDPR. They don't give to shits about us, so the only thing we can do is vote with our wallets.

FYI; They won't update the controls unless we start asking for refunds.
Yes, it seems that they are trying to bury this issue without addressing it. Well, won't be buying anything from them again that's for sure.

While i'm aware the game is set and designed around console controls.. there's a big majority of PC gamers who dislike having to hold right click to aim down sights as it can cause some discomfort and iritate us/them please will you add a toggle ads/(aim down sight) option in a future patch?

i'm aware there's alot of people asking for this and i could easily just click on their stuff and read the replies.. but i feel the more people ask for this the bigger chance of a dev/support will notice and more likely take action

While i'm aware the game is set and designed around console controls.. there's a big majority of PC gamers who dislike having to hold right click to aim down sights as it can cause some discomfort and iritate us/them please will you add a toggle ads/(aim down sight) option in a future patch?

i'm aware there's alot of people asking for this and i could easily just click on their stuff and read the replies.. but i feel the more people ask for this the bigger chance of a dev/support will notice and more likely take action
I hate to be that guy, but there are also a number of PC players (myself included, with an old Dualshock 3, though I do rarely use keyboard at times) who use controllers.

Simple mathematics in terms of controller being a common factor for controls for the most platforms that the game is available on would (despite C2077 being primarily developed for PC) dictate that controllers would be given the most attention.

Unlike keyboard and mouse, gaming controllers have been and still to this very day are developed for, well, gaming. You can't really complain when a game is developed for gaming controls if you're willingly not using them. Controllers are pretty cheap and not hard to get working on PC these days folks...

By the same logic that this thread is predicated on, I could complain that a pavement/ sidewalk isn't working for my car while I refuse to use the road or that my soup is broken because I want to use chopsticks and refuse to use a fork or spoon :shrug:

Last edited:
Unlike keyboard and mouse, gaming controllers have been and still to this very day are developed for, well, gaming. You can't really complain when a game is developed for gaming controls if you're willingly not using them. Controllers are pretty cheap and not hard to get working on PC these days folks...
why would you recommend or mention a controller when it comes to a PC? controllers are fine with some games but keyboard and mouse is what most people playing a first person game on PC is going to use.. and toggle ADS is a box standard most if not all games have added...

keyboard and mouse is what most people playing a first person game on PC is going to use..

If this were actually true and applied to C2077, this thread would be much longer and have less people pointing out that controllers are a significant factor here.

It seems that you have very much failed to understand everything in my post, or failed to try and understand it from a development point of view. I would kindly suggest you re-read it and attempt to empathise with a game dev in this situation...

Last edited:
you have got to be kidding me lol, a toggle for ADS is a must in every game and they still overlook it

WTF. More than a year later and still no toggle ADS.
How is it possible to lack such a basic feature in a first person shooter.

Top Bottom