no casual matches or dwindling community?

+
Uhm because there is no reason to play casual at all maybe.....
Of course there is. I'm rank 7 at the moment and 50% of my ranked matches are against a variation of Ethne control deck. It's boring as hell. I go to casual for diversity and actual fun.

I find them rather quickly in casual. Ranked takes a bit longer but nothing excessive.

I've seen a few meta decks in casual but just figured people were testing out adjustments.... There is quite a bit of variety beyond those, so... yeah. Occasional meme shows up in there.

I'm actually starting to wonder if bots aren't a real thing. Noticed certain matches in casual where the card light-ups are eerily similar to what the AI does in practice matches. It's damn near the same pattern where the AI is fake thinking about all of it's choices. Figured it was all in my head at first but I still can't shake the thought. Someone tell me I'm full of shit please :). Please, even if it isn't true.
That wouldn't surprise me if they included bots in casual to keep the count artificially high.

100% bots are involved in this game. The "coincidental" cards are WAY too high.

Just played a round whereby in R1 the "oppo" plays the usual Witcher Trio, then passes, but does it so that there's 4 cards left and I have in my hand/totally available including leader only enough to draw level meaning I'd give up CA.

I'm talking about JUST enough. Not a 16 point gap with Roach, but 6. 6 points with my Rag Nar Roog and whatever else I simply couldn't make up, but they'd kept the witch to that exact point and had precisely enough so I couldn't quite put it back on level?

Next game, I won, but I'm no longer sure I'm playing against people - even if there's a human somewhere, the interaction with the deck means you're ALWAYS playing against a PC, realistically. You vs the Deal.

Game after, lost, but it looks sus a.f. For example, I had Imlerith on the board, immune. He doesn't do anything for a couple of rounds, THEN plays the spectral whale. Why would that not be the first card you play? Reduces Imlerith to low strength. But then the rest of the cards played precisely against what I had left and I ended up with nothing on the board to their 5 (just enough, again).

I'm just completely suspect about the whole experience, something just doesn't sit right with me.

If you suspect that bots are involved you can always let CDPR know so they can investigate. But please get back on topic!

Of course there is. I'm rank 7 at the moment and 50% of my ranked matches are against a variation of Ethne control deck. It's boring as hell. I go to casual for diversity and actual fun.

I have to be playing some other casual mode, because it's the same control Eithne or Crach 80% of the time.

Even back in the greatswords days the game had much more variety.

I think people are waiting for a patch update that will address a lot of the frustrations the game currently has.

Why do you want to play casual?

You get the same decks and the same quality of players in ranked, but you also get better rewards. It's not like you have to protect your MMR or anything unless you're an actual paid pro, and in that case, you're still playing ranked :D
Post automatically merged:

I think people are waiting for a patch update that will address a lot of the frustrations the game currently has.

Prolly going to be waiting a while.

Gwent has devolved into all control, all the time, and nothing in the Dec patch looks like it's going to change that. So the 75% of matches that play 6 cards round 1, 1 or 2 cards round 2, and all the cards round 3 will continue, and matches will have a heavy dose of card draw determining winner rather than player skill.

Pretty messed up when you think about it, feels like that is what we have anyways done. I will say this is the most patient community I've been apart of

nah people are already leaving when HC was released you could get in a match on 30-40 seconds max now you have to wait for between 2 or 3 minutes

for me when i play (like 3 games per day) if i see eithne or reveal i just quit

Prolly going to be waiting a while.

Gwent has devolved into all control, all the time, and nothing in the Dec patch looks like it's going to change that. So the 75% of matches that play 6 cards round 1, 1 or 2 cards round 2, and all the cards round 3 will continue, and matches will have a heavy dose of card draw determining winner rather than player skill.

I was REALLY hoping the devs would have minimized control in homecoming. I would have bet that engines would be far more prominent but no. The devs just refuse to learn from their past mistakes. Control being so dominant is the furthest thing from fun.

It's gotten harder just to play in general. All I encounter is N. Realms Drauger, Ethnie artifact/damage decks, and Crak En Crait control decks. Barely any variety now. Been pretty dull. I've just been playing the 6 matches on casual to get the daily and call it a day. More of a chore now. Waiting for the next patch but I may just leave the game all together.

Moderator: Three posts deleted for inappropriate, disrespectful, and nonconstructive comments. This is the second warning to get back on topic. Please, do so.

It's gotten harder just to play in general. All I encounter is N. Realms Drauger, Ethnie artifact/damage decks, and Crak En Crait control decks. Barely any variety now. Been pretty dull. I've just been playing the 6 matches on casual to get the daily and call it a day. More of a chore now. Waiting for the next patch but I may just leave the game all together.

I think the reasoning is the game has been around a while and all the majority of players do is search for "best decks", then copy. I do believe CDPR really wanted to diversify, but as has been said there's really only a handful of viable winning options. I've tried with a NG lock deck, a MO swarm, ST movement but it all comes back to losing through control and, even moreso, the cards you draw. I've beaten the NR Draug deck comfortably, but didn't revel in the moment as I just had the perfect deal to counter it - sadly, I had to use removal, it's really the only option. I've also lost to NR Draug heavily, thanks to a deal. Mostly, though, it's about control and Eithne shows up most because of synergy with artefacts and subsequent mass removal.

I think the reasoning is the game has been around a while and all the majority of players do is search for "best decks", then copy. I do believe CDPR really wanted to diversify, but as has been said there's really only a handful of viable winning options. I've tried with a NG lock deck, a MO swarm, ST movement but it all comes back to losing through control and, even moreso, the cards you draw. I've beaten the NR Draug deck comfortably, but didn't revel in the moment as I just had the perfect deal to counter it - sadly, I had to use removal, it's really the only option. I've also lost to NR Draug heavily, thanks to a deal. Mostly, though, it's about control and Eithne shows up most because of synergy with artefacts and subsequent mass removal.

Yea, not much that can be done about net decks. Forgot to mention the occasional Sihil/Spears deck too. Those decks just don't motivate me to stay. I'm sure others may feel the same way at times. Even if a re-balance were to happen there will be some other card that will be utilized for easy/cheap wins in it's place.

nah people are already leaving when HC was released you could get in a match on 30-40 seconds max now you have to wait for between 2 or 3 minutes

for me when i play (like 3 games per day) if i see eithne or reveal i just quit
I meant the old community that has been playing 2 years. I patiently waiting for the real gwent to come back. I can't even play 3 matches of homecoming

Guest 4339849

delete

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because Gwent is already dying. Roll around 2019 and there probably won't be any players left. Even Thronebreaker has only ~300 players on Steam, and it's been only a week or two.

to be fair STEAM only counts for ppl playing TB. HC is not enabled on STEAM, just the story mode.

Side note: due to Ranked being closed out for the season there has been a small increase in players playing casual which have ROFL-stomped me. Lots of prestige players with decks I haven't seen or think about (granted I don't net deck, I just take note of the most used decks I encounter) albeit a bit frustrating having to lose 6 times in a row in order to get the initial daily.

I say a small increase bc I still have to wait more than a minute to find an opponent. Once the new season begins i'm certain casual will drop once more.

Top Bottom