No Ciri cameo but Keanu Reeves is ok?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats some weird logic. I hate it when actors get put into a game with their likeness and not just voice acting. But hey, putting Keanu Reeves into the game which breaks my immersion is fine while putting Ciri somewhere in the background which would work with what she told Geralt about the world she went to is a problem somehow for CDPR...

There's a difference between an actor and a character from a different IP.

I have no problem if CDPR used Emilia Clarke or Keanu Reeves to play out a character in Cyberpunk 2077.

I'd have a problem with CDPR using Daenerys Targaryen or John Wick in Cyberpunk 2077.

Same goes for Ciri. No problem with Freya Allan or Jo Wyatt.

I can understand that using the real-life likeness of a famous actor would be immersion breaking though. I'm fortunate enough not to have that problem, but I still don't think that's an excuse to use Ciri.

Last edited:
While I generally agree with the Ciri topic, since she referenced Night City so obviously, I don't have an issue with actors. The job of an actor is to play a role and I don't see any reason why it should stop at video games. I do have a problem though when the actor itself is blend, see the the main guy in the new Star Wars game but actors are real people and I like having real faces in a game, especially with character faces like Keanu Reeves or Steve Buscemi.

There's a difference between an actor and a character from a different IP.

I have no problem if CDPR used Emilia Clarke to play out a character in Cyberpunk 2077.

I'd have a problem with CDPR using Daenerys Targaryen in Cyberpunk 2077.

Same goes for Ciri. No problem with Freya Allan or Jo Wyatt.

I can understand that using the real-life likeness of a famous actor would be immersion breaking though. I'm fortunate enough not to have that problem. I still don't think that's an excuse to use Ciri though.

That example makes no sense...Also who is Daenerys?

Ciri mentions the Cyberpunk world and as such she should have a cameo.
Post automatically merged:

I do think CDPR don`t want to mix their two universes . That`s more why no Ciri but i am sure we will get Easter Eggs with Ciri .

We wont get a Easter egg with Ciri, thats the problem. And they mixed their 2 gameverses already by having Ciri clearly reference the Cyberpunk world.

Patience young padawan >^^<

no need ot "press" the CP2077 Ciri Easter Egg (yet) :D

@SarahGabriella
what i said 1 year ago already, still stands, she will be there in the game
one way or the other Cirilla will be in Cyberpunk2077 ;)

and once more, the golden middle way would be to make it a DLC (maybe)
with the option to switch her on / off then CDPR even have the freedom
of "how much" of her is in the game ;)

Just take it easy for now, enjoy the Hype Train ride and Keanu as Jonny Silverhand
aye?

That example makes no sense...

That example is an analogue for your proposal, and you're right! I too think it makes little sense.

Crossing over characters from different IPs is a bridge further than using an actor to play out an in-universe character.

Using the argument that borrowing an actor, is equivalent to using character from a different universe, doesn't really fly.

That example makes no sense...Also who is Daenerys?

Ciri mentions the Cyberpunk world and as such she should have a cameo.

We wont get a Easter egg with Ciri, thats the problem. And they mixed their 2 gameverses already by having Ciri clearly reference the Cyberpunk world.
No. She mentioned A futuristic world. That's all.

@lelxrv

did you see the Cyberpunk told by Ciri trailer last year?
and the clicks on it? You really think ppl ll be "over" this?

*smirk* good one.

They are everything, but far from "over it" what i said above stands
She ll be there *smirk*

come on guys, just enjoy the ride for m kay?

Meh it was pretty much clear as day what she referenced. Futuristic worlds don't neccessarily feature people with metal in their heads, even in Star Trek it's basically just Seven of Nine. The Cyberpunk world though is full of it, pretty obvious what she meant (so obvious that many people immediately thought of Cyberpunk).

Thats some weird logic. I hate it when actors get put into a game with their likeness and not just voice acting. But hey, putting Keanu Reeves into the game which breaks my immersion is fine while putting Ciri somewhere in the background which would work with what she told Geralt about the world she went to is a problem somehow for CDPR...

Ciri never mentions 2077. She strongly infers what some of us Think is Cyberpunk. I am fine not thinking it was Night City she visited,and I believe we may live in a multiverse. As to KEY ANN NEW(LegacyKILLaHD mangled pronunciation...) Reeves playing Johnny Silverhand? I say Fucking COOL !!! Reeves isn't playing Donald Duck ,Neo or some other character from another fictional universe,but one from CYBERPUNK 2077's world.

Who cares about Ciri's presence in the trailer?
Even if she is implemented into the world of CP, she is an easter egg. It means that players will be able to find her after release of the game.
CDPR wouldn't reveal any details, whether Ciri in the game or not. That's the only 'obvious' thing.

I think this is BS, gamers has spoken about Keanu over decade already and we even had Matrix Online at one point. Keanu was excellent choice, we can just leave it to that.

Rotten fan service is what kills franchises. They turn into fan service.

Cheap fan service is what kills franchises, see Star Wars for example which is nowdays only references and copy paste and nothing original. A single, smart inserted cameo (see Star Wars again, this time Rogue One when Hera Syndulla was mentioned pretty subtle) doesn't kill a franchise.

@lelxrv

did you see the Cyberpunk told by Ciri trailer last year?
and the clicks on it? You really think ppl ll be "over" this?

*smirk* good one.

They are everything, but far from "over it" what i said above stands
She ll be there *smirk*

come on guys, just enjoy the ride for m kay?
So what? There's plenty of fan creations that have clicks. It doesn't mean it needs to be stuffed into a game. Ciri mentions only a technologically advanced world. And the strawman argument is because Cyberpunk and Witcher are owned by CDPR, means it's the same universe. Universe thinking is cancer.

Cheap fan service is what kills franchises, see Star Wars for example which is nowdays only references and copy paste and nothing original. A single, smart inserted cameo (see Star Wars again, this time Rogue One when Hera Syndulla was mentioned pretty subtle) doesn't kill a franchise.
Star Wars is a bad example, because it stopped evolving and just milks 40 years old ideas. Star Wars is popular, but creatively dead. Also, Rogue One and other Star Wars stories - the same franchise. It's not remotely the same as Witcher and Cyberpunk.

Star Wars is a bad example, because it stopped evolving and just milks 40 years old ideas. Star Wars is popular, but creatively dead.

Until they move to the old republic era at least, which they appear to be doing. I have hated among other things the totally artificial BS that is rule of two since its inception. It was just a cheap way to explain why there was only two sith in the original trilogy universe. How it got dragged on and on was completely ..... ridiculous.

I have totally abandoned the current movie universe since between George Lucas prequels and the travesty of last Jedi they have totally dropped the ball and it has shattered to million pieces by now. Impossible to salvage. I only recognize the old republic universe as legit Star wars anymore. I consider the last 5 star wars movies to be an insult. The only blink of light for the past 26 years (since return of the jedi) was Solo, star wars story.

ON TOPIC: I'm not really excited that its Keanu in particular in the game, but I am just blown away how well CDPR and microsoft handled this whole presentation. Its just so perfect. The entrance Ive been watching on repeat since. Keanu is perfectly logical choice if you are going to pick any Hollywood actor for this job.

Last edited:
I also want to add, as soon as they start interlinking franchises, it can quickly turn into complete mess. It's encouraging the multiverse cult. If it's some vague joke like in Witcher 2 where there's a body resembling Assassins's Creed fella or like it was done in Witcher 3, where Ciri mentions a world resembling Cyberpunk without specifically linking the two things, alright go ahead. But Ciri showing up in Cyberpunk is NOPE, NOPE and NOPE.

I understand the thirst for more Witcher stuff, I'm thirsty too by the way, but we should just wait for another game. It should come out eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom