No Controller Vibration using XBONE Controller on PC.

+
Hello,

I am running the GOG Version of Cyberpunk 2077 and have been using the XBOX One controller to play the game. However, I did notice that there no vibration feedback from the controller whatsoever. Not while firing a weapon, none while driving or crashing your car. I was wondering if anyone else has been facing this issue or has faced this issue and managed to fix it?
I tried every thing I could think of to try and resolve this problem. I shut down steam, used reWASD, and connected over Bluetooth. None seem to resolve the problem whatsoever.
I hope someone can help me out with this issue.

Thank You

First off I love this game.. It looks amazing and your team under-sold how great it looks with settings at Max.

I cannot get the vibration to work with the Xbox wireless controller.. I even tried plugging it in via usb and it still doesn't work.

Is this a Bug? anyone else having the same issue? Does anyone know a fix?

this issue happens to me as well and it's killing me...I tried several mesures I looked online and it still dont wotk...I changed to my ps4 controller and didn't get vibration either...this is freaking unbelievable

I ran Xbox Accessories (available on Windows Store) and updated my controller firmware. Seemed to fix the vibration issue.

It didn't fix the "controller randomly turns off by itself" issue, however...

I ran Xbox Accessories (available on Windows Store) and updated my controller firmware. Seemed to fix the vibration issue.

It didn't fix the "controller randomly turns off by itself" issue, however...
I updated controller fireware and still didnt work

I restarted my computer and made sure the controller was on before starting the game. Seems to work sometrimes.. Also the vibration seems weak. I put the vibration on high too. :shrug:

My friend is having the same issue with an Xbox series x controller. Really makes the experience less enjoyable sadly. I also have an Xbox series X controller and it works fine on my end. Swapping the controllers does nothing sadly.

Last edited:
Sending a ticket to CDPR support might be the best way to go:
(click on „Contact us“ to send a ticket)

Done. Found a temporary solution maybe. Some people suggested using Steam big picture to fix the rumble but that didn't work for us until we did it this way.
If you have the game on GOG or another platform add the game to Steam via the "add non steam game" option.

1. Open big picture mode
2. Go to your library and go to Cyberpunk 2077
3. Select manage game or shortcut if you added the game as a non-steam product.
4. Select controller options
5. Check the two boxes and set "Steam input per game setting" to forced on and "rumble setting" to on.

Then launch the game via big picture mode and it might be working again. The weapons have rumble now so it's much more playable. Hope it helps someone. I also did the power cycle fix from another thread but that didn't work by itself.

Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_234628.jpg
    IMG_20201212_234628.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 759
Done. Found a temporary solution maybe. Some people suggested using Steam big picture to fix the rumble but that didn't work for us until we did it this way.
If you have the game on GOG or another platform add the game to Steam via the "add non steam game" option.

1. Open big picture mode
2. Go to your library and go to Cyberpunk 2077
3. Select manage game or shortcut if you added the game as a non-steam product.
4. Select controller options
5. Check the two boxes and set "Steam input per game setting" to forced on and "rumble setting" to on.

Then launch the game via big picture mode and it might be working again. The weapons have rumble now so it's much more playable. Hope it helps someone. I also did the power cycle fix from another thread but that didn't work by itself.

Hope it helps someone.

You mean we have to add CP2077 from GOG to steam to make this to work?

You mean we have to add CP2077 from GOG to steam to make this to work?
That's what worked for me but it's really a temporary fix until they patch it. If you go to your Steam library you can click on add game in the bottom left corner and then "add a non-steam game". Hope it works for you.

Same issue, still to date, upgraded firmware. plugged in, not plugged in. next is official xbox dongle test
Post automatically merged:

Hey everyone! Good News! Kinda Sorta...

Okay I got the official XBOX windows 10 controller dongle and rumble works in my GOG Cyberpunk!

So the downside is, buying a dongle, i got one from bestbuy for 25 eddies, so thats not a fun solution but I have some counter points

sooo i went to IT guy at work and said, "how do i extend my bluetooth range" he looked at me weird and asked, "Why?"
I elaborated that I have a controller, but my connection is weak since i moved pc under desk. "bro," he said, "xbox controller bluetooth is best optimized for phone devices, but there is a noticeable input delay for pc. You want a dongle eitherway, to improve latency and get range" he then showed me the dongle at best buy,

So i ordered and played wired waiting for dongle, still no rumble
today i hooked up dongle and paired through it, and... yes.... sweet vibes choom

Last edited:
Top Bottom