No Cyber Store is a Missed Opportunity

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the game setting and context, black/grey markets for cyberware etc, I'm really surprised there is no actual storefront in the game to browse and buy hundreds of cybernetic mods for your character. This is a revenue travesty for CDPR and a perplexing decision.

For single player games (that don't impose grindwalls) storefronts are actually quite unoffensive. If a game is someones hobby, paying a few bucks here and there for unique character mods (e.g. silver arm? gold plated skin?) would be really cool. Tthe whole idea of cyberpunk is modding your body and without a store for after market mods that people would definitely pay for, it's just another poor financial decision for CDPR. They even said the game isn't made to be played for long time. That's just unbelievable.

And don't preach to me about how CDPR are "not that type of company". BS.

I've been playing AC: Odyssey for over a year and probably sunk $150 into it, and that's OK! I'm getting better value for my dollar than cyberpunk, spread out over time.

Not understanding this economy and gamer wants is really bad for a game company.

Salfin

Forum regular
Given the game setting and context, black/grey markets for cyberware etc, I'm really surprised there is no actual storefront in the game to browse and buy hundreds of cybernetic mods for your character. This is a revenue travesty for CDPR and a perplexing decision.

For single player games (that don't impose grindwalls) storefronts are actually quite unoffensive. If a game is someones hobby, paying a few bucks here and there for unique character mods (e.g. silver arm? gold plated skin?) would be really cool. Tthe whole idea of cyberpunk is modding your body and without a store for after market mods that people would definitely pay for, it's just another poor financial decision for CDPR. They even said the game isn't made to be played for long time. That's just unbelievable.

I've been playing AC: Odyssey for over a year and probably sunk $150 into it, and that's OK! I'm getting better value for my dollar than cyberpunk, spread out over time.

Not understanding this economy and gamer wants is really bad for a game company.
Wow. Is this a troll post. Do you know about cdpr.

Has to be a troll

Micro transactions almost always end up creating grind walls, its how they get people to begrudgingly open up their wallets and keep opening them.
No thanks. I like that there isnt any grinding in this game, I dont have to spend 12 hours doing the same thing over and over to get 1 stupid thing.

Why would you go there... are you a bad troll or actually evil?

Microtransactions are the end of trusting any Dev IMO, Bethesda lost their way with this idea a few years back with trying for Paid Mods on Steam. Got their asses kicked in public but came back with the Creation Club (paid mods by a different name) and now the Atomic Store with Fallout 76. Do you really think following that sell out is something CDPR should do, ripping players off with a lot of partly rubbish and over priced cosmetic stuff.

Open up modding is a far better way to go, Microtransactions are now part of my 'List' (reasons) for considering not buying a game. If you're not careful you could end up spending 100's of dollars above and beyond what the game cost while the Dev laughs at you all the way to the bank.

Microtransactions are the end of trusting any Dev IMO, Bethesda lost their way with this idea a few years back with trying for Paid Mods on Steam. Got their asses kicked in public but came back with the Creation Club (paid mods by a different name) and now the Atomic Store with Fallout 76. Do you really think following that sell out is something CDPR should do, ripping players off with a lot of partly rubbish and over priced cosmetic stuff.

Open up modding is a far better way to go, Microtransactions are now part of my 'List' (reasons) for considering not buying a game. If you're not careful you could end up spending 100's of dollars above and beyond what the game cost while the Dev laughs at you all the way to the bank.
Same MTX now kinda sucks.

this is the reason why microtransactions is a thing, people like this are giving the green light to that predatory thing. Long time ago you had to beat game on hard difficulty to unlock all fancy stuff.

On the other hand. Someone could necro this thread in 3 years after the release of a microtransaction filled MP game.

Oh! I have an idea. Pay for a haircut

CDPR have made it very clear that they will not put microtransactions in their single-player games. That's all that there is to say on this topic.
But regardless of a thread's topic, it is never OK to attack the OP. Several posts deleted.

Thread locked, as considering CDPR's stance it's rather pointless -- and it's also getting a lot of heat, which we do not need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom