no deck building (in beta)

+
Selectable pre-made decks until they add the builder? They can't be serious, that's unusual and boring.. :unhappy:

yeah we have soo many cards games online now pre-made is not going to fly, they really need a deck builder or people will drop this game fast, i feel. Now i know it's a beta but they delayed it to make an great 1st impression pre-made will not cut it.

Maybe this is miscommunication. He did say the beta (at Gamescom) right now doesn't have a deck builder, and deck builder will be added later on. Maybe they aim to have the deck builder ready before the closed beta. Having deck building makes sense, how else are you going to test card balance without letting people building decks?

Also, here's the Youtube version of the Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlMgLy4H_w&t=556

Yeah that would be a bit boring. But you have to remember that this is a closed beta. The reason for it is to build a better game and to get feedback, and at least not as much about us having fun. We have to accept that some features maybe will come later :)

Last edited:
Don't worry guys! I'm pretty certain they will include a deck-builder. If they don't, however, it's bound to be in the second beta.

There's no excuse whatsoever for not having a deck builder in beta after the delay .. I believe cdpr knows that more than us so no worries.

IF there are only pre made decks at first, I am sure there is a reason..maybe just getting a feel for how many people can be on, etc. Let's not be too hasty and get sour before we know all the facts. I don't care in what context I can play the game, as long as I can play the darn game..:) Also, who would honestly complain if they got the golden ticket. Have faith my young padawans..

I was thinking this too. They may not want people to build ridiculously powerful decks until they can work some of the basic play kinks out.

Especially with all the other game releases in October, they need to include the deck builder, otherwise many people will lose interest way too fast. I know a beta is mainly for testing, but people still shouldn't lose motivation within the first days.

mjul

Forum veteran
Especially with all the other game releases in October, they need to include the deck builder, otherwise many people will lose interest way too fast. I know a beta is mainly for testing, but people still shouldn't lose motivation within the first days.

This is a CLOSED Beta, not an open one. Although I agree with part of your statement, that having a deck builder at the start would be better, I disagree with the rest of it. Closed Beta is more for the Devs than for the people, they control the people they want to select to get the best idea of how to proceed with the dev process. Closed Beta is not the game release, people won't "lose motivation" in the first few days. If they did, then why the heck did they even sign up for the closed beta in the first place?

I think answer is much simpler.
No deck build at Gamescom and previously at E3 because there is many people waiting to try the game and building deck would take too much time.
So, you play few games and you give other chance to play, imagine if all of them began to build decks.

This is a CLOSED Beta, not an open one. Although I agree with part of your statement, that having a deck builder at the start would be better, I disagree with the rest of it. Closed Beta is more for the Devs than for the people, they control the people they want to select to get the best idea of how to proceed with the dev process. Closed Beta is not the game release, people won't "lose motivation" in the first few days. If they did, then why the heck did they even sign up for the closed beta in the first place?

It's indeed a closed beta, but yet it's not under a NDA, so in comparison with Legends, everything will be public. And a missing deck builder would surely be bad publicity. Of course people could lose motivation. I know enough people who signed up without ever playing Witcher, or just for "testing it a few rounds". Not everyone in the beta will be a die-hard Gwent fan (sadly though :D ). Not being able to edit your deck is the fastest way to make a game become boring quickly.

Top Bottom