No dismemberment nor katana finishing moves anymore

+
Nope, yesterday I cut a Woodman's leg with my katana, for being sure he was really dead (and few Maelstromer head for fun).
(but no finisher since I can oneshot them).
Typical M rated violence, not so strong. Like sex that can't be shown anyway. Esrb RP-M range is a big issue.

I just tested, so for me at least, it works in 1.23.
Three tygers, three dead body, one leg and one head :)
My katana is always sharp !
485cade9-ee0e-4a46-9b48-1a3bc1915500.PNG

a76c8890-c5d5-4abd-b6aa-9c7fc1e670e2.PNG

Since I do not use the Target Analysis cyberware mod I have always had the katana finishers. I did not realize that it affected them as well.

@losephus - that worked! Target Analysis was the culprit at least for dismemberment. Still not able to preform the finishing move though. Saw someone say that xp over kill ratio might be what's causing it, but even with a non upgraded sword I'm still not able to preform the finisher. Any ideas as to why that may be?

P.S - you're all the best thanks for the feedback :)
Post automatically merged:

to be more clear, can preform the finisher up front but previously I was able to sneak behind someone preform a finisher where V literally stabs the enemy from behind lifts them up (like with the cyber blades and then dismembers (head).)

Last edited:
Saw someone say that xp over kill ratio might be what's causing it, but even with a non upgraded sword I'm still not able to preform the finisher. Any ideas as to why that may be?
After few tests, I remove all my clothes with "crit bonus" (crti chance/damage), take the satori (rare) for a "weak" katana, remove my legendary "Short Circuit" QH (apply Short Circuit level 1 on each attack)... And no way, I can perform a single finisher. Heads, arms and legs flys no problem, but no finisher at all. I don't know why, because at the start with T-Bug that's worked fine :(

@cphippo

I know the mantis blades have a finishing move that impales your opponent and lifts them in the air, but I wasn't aware that a katana had a similar finishing move. The only katana finishing move that I think I've seen is where you behead someone. However, I haven't really used katanas that often, so maybe I just haven't seen it yet.

@losephus - yea I'm not sure what I did or how, but can't do that anymore maybe I'm crazy and it was the mantis blades lol, either way thanks for the feedback, I could not for the life of me figure it out.

@LeKill3rFou works like charm for me with my katana at 2.8k as well.

Changing subject slightly, is there known melee bug where, attacks glitch out and you can't hit an enemy? I have had it happen to me multiple times now since I'm running around with a sword the whole game lol. The only way to get around it is to load up one of my saves again and start where I'm at again.

You sure you guys don't have the target analysis mod installed? It makes weapons non-lethal and disables melee finishers

You sure you guys don't have the target analysis mod installed? It makes weapons non-lethal and disables melee finishers
Yep, 100% sure for me (besides I cut the limbs without problem).
I suspect a cyberware to deactivate (bug) the finishers, like Kerensikov or Synaptic Accelerator. I have no perk point in Body (level 4) and no perk point in Blade, so I suppose it's not skill/perk related.

And I'm not going to say that it really bothers me, because I like being able to chain enemies with powerful attacks without "waiting" for the end of an animation :)

Last edited:
@cphippo

The only thing I could think of that I've seen similar to what you're describing is that you can perform a special takedown on Adam Smasher (if he loses track of you), where you grab the sword strapped to his leg and stab him with it.

If someone manage to perform a finisher even with 1.5K+ katana, and before I have to test every single of my cyberware, that's could be nice to said me if there is difference between our cyberwares :)
On my Kiroshi, it's 50% head damage, 5% crit chance and apply overlay on enemies.
cf9ff7cd-5348-4504-a742-81795a85c228.PNG

@LeKill3rFou

The only cyberware mod that I can think of that affects finishers is the Target Analysis mod, so if you don't have that equipped, any katana should do its finisher pretty frequently. There's also a Pax mod that changes your weapon to non-lethal, but I think that mod can only be attached to guns, and I'm under the impression that it only makes that specific weapon non-lethal. I guess you can check to see if you're equipping a gun that has the Pax mod.

The katana finisher is pretty subtle compared to the mantis blades. The katana finisher animation has a slight pause, then a quick slash that cuts off your opponent's head. Overall, it's very brief, unlike the mantis blades finisher animation that lasts a few seconds.

To troubleshoot, you could switch to the mantis blades to see if you get the finisher animation with that weapon.

Last edited:
@LeKill3rFou

The only cyberware mod that I believe affects finishers is the Target Analysis mod, so if you don't have that equipped, any katana should do its finisher pretty frequently. There's also a Pax mod that changes your weapon to non-lethal, but I think that mod can only be attached to guns, and I'm under the impression that it only makes that specific weapon non-lethal. I guess you can check to see if you're equipping a gun that has the Pax mod.

The katana finisher is pretty subtle compared to the mantis blades. The katana finisher animation has a slight pause, then a quick slash that cuts off your opponent's head. Overall, it's very brief, unlike the mantis blades finisher animation that lasts a few seconds.

To troubleshoot, you could switch to the mantis blades to see if you get the finisher animation with that weapon.
Yep, I have tried many times (I don't have Target Analysis).
I think, easily thirty times with "weak" satori (with clothe mods/without clothe mods), the same with my legendary katana and the same with mantis blade. Like I said, my katana is lethal, most of times, I cut arms/legs/heads.

But I know it work, in the "tutorial" with T-Bug (that I've done a good fifteen times, easily since day one), I always does a finisher (even 2 or 3, one on the first guy and one or two at the end with the three enemies). And I drop the katana for a while, because in very hard, with my build, I die really easily in melee :)

I'm having issues currently with my Gorilla arms finishers in patch 1.6. They simply won't trigger no matter what I do, I've checked my cyberware and I don't have target analysis equipped, I don't have any weapons with Pax mods equipped. So I'm just confused why they aren't working is all. Anyone having the same issue?

Top Bottom