No end game rewards or progression.

+
After completing the game, I spawned back in the lift that leads to the last story mission. A dialogue pops up telling me that I have earned some completion rewards. Happily, I skip from the lift and bring up my inventory to find no rewards at all, in fact, it's worse than that, I have literally lost the last two hours of experience and items.

I reloaded from previous save and run the entire last mission again from the lift onwards. Same thing.

It's been a tough time getting to the end, I've had to restart multiple times and deal with two corrupt/missing a save files. I lost a level 28 character this way and the hours I've racked up, as a result, is insane which is why I write this post.

If that's how the end game is designed to be, it needs rethinking. I spent two hours going through the last mission only to end up back in the lift, no rewards, all my level and weapons, clothing and items that I got during that long-ass mission were all gone, it was as if I had never taken that lift at all, and never completed the storyline. If it's not for the achievement I got, you would never know it was done.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it needs looking at either way as it is ultimately a major disappointment.

Also did not get the items i looted in the last mission and the gained xp.
Only item they gave me (or the only thing i noticed?) was a legendary jacket which was so bad in stats that i never used it.

As for now, i'm in 100++ hours and there is nothing left to do... also there is no more progression since the level cap is way to low with 50, was nearly maxed out when completing the main quest.

Extremely frustrating, right? I have that jacket but I think I got that earlier, I might be wrong but either way it's pretty disappointing.

I'm not sure what developer thinks that's a great way to end the story for the customer.

You basically lose a lot of time and progression by completing the story.

Personally I hope for a DLC that continues the story of V :) so the last mission is not a "waste of time" (besides the fun).
I got a gun and a jacket from the mission I think.
But I don't care too much about that.. I want to keep fighting as V in the future xD and keep the progress of that mission.

The progress and items would if been enough, to be honest. The rewards were only missed because you were specifically told you had some, even going as far as to say;

"if your rewards are cyberware, you will have to go to the riperdoc".

I completed it on the hardest difficulty and yeah, I think I got some coat so that's the only reason I complain about rewards.

Losing the progress was the issue, plus I liked a gun I picked up. It also gave you a shit ton of orange clothing right at the end before the final cut scene. It won't let you wear them at the time and removes them after so pretty pointless.

Overall, minus the number of resets and infuriating bugs I encountered, it was or will be a good game.

Experiencing the same as all you guys. Have to say the biggest disappointment bug I've encountered so far. CD Projekt Red please fix this

I've never been able to keep any of the rewards from any ending either. Don't even know what the ones that aren't the Aldecaldos jacket or Rogue's gun are supposed to be.

It's not a bug, At least I don't think it is, maybe just a disappointing design choice. On my first run I got the "Nomad Ending" and I did get an Aldecaldos jacket as a reward, unfortunately it was slight downgrade from the one they actually gave me during the mission. but it did drop me back down to level 49 with exact same inventory(Plus the jacket) as before the point of no return. which make any gear picked up including some cool legendary gear pointless.

But I think this is by design, probably not the best way for them to do it, would love to see some reworking of the endgame, but I also don't expect to see that for some time, as they will probably address bigger game breaking issues and stability before moving on to Gameplay/quality of life improvements.

Kinda baffling to me these end-game rewards aren't account unlocks like the Wolf jacket and Black unicorn blade.

Last edited:
What? I have never played that level yet. However, I don’t want to try now. Like, what the hell? I had the experience of getting no reward at the end of the storyline if I did smth wrong. But usually, I replayed that level and got the reward. What you say is just crazy. I suppose it’s a difficult bug. Now I don’t know if I should play this storyline. Have you guys had the same?
On the one hand, I want to see if it ends differently, but on the other hand, the idea of getting nothing is pretty disappointing. I searched for answers on GuidedHacking Forum, where I usually look for spoilers and hacks, but I’ve got no story about such a bug. So I suppose I should try. What do you guys think?

Very old post :)
I believe now, a window with rewards appear at the end (and you keep some iconic items, but not all).
Endings
Scroll down until the "Rewards" paragraph/table ;)

What? I have never played that level yet. However, I don’t want to try now. Like, what the hell? I had the experience of getting no reward at the end of the storyline if I did smth wrong. But usually, I replayed that level and got the reward. What you say is just crazy. I suppose it’s a difficult bug. Now I don’t know if I should play this storyline. Have you guys had the same?
On the one hand, I want to see if it ends differently, but on the other hand, the idea of getting nothing is pretty disappointing. I searched for answers on GuidedHacking Forum, where I usually look for spoilers and hacks, but I’ve got no story about such a bug. So I suppose I should try. What do you guys think?
The story has a definite conclusion, without giving away any spoilers, once you have completed the finale the game sets you back to just before. From this point you can continue to play, do side gigs etc or try another ending. Personally I always dump a character at this point and and make a new one. (you'll find all the challenge is gone from the game by this point) You do get rewards but they aren't carried over to the next charcater, there is no raiding, no end game, no infinite bosses nor quests but there is the story which you can play through multiple ways.

Why would you want rewards once the game is at its end? This isn't an MMO or one of those games with pointless lootgrinder endgame raids. It is a story. Once it is over, it is over. No point in rewards.

The story is the reward.

The only thing which bothers me after the endings is the loss of Prejudice - since they fixed Amnesty... I don't get why they fixed the rifle as well... : /

Top Bottom