No EXP on Quests WHY?!!

+
No EXP on Quests WHY?!!

I have completed about 10 quests now where I have received no experience points at all. Was wondering if anyone is having the same problem. I have beeen on level 20 for days now. It is frustrating and as much as I like the world and game of Witcher 3, its annoying that I cannot put on better armor and fight more interesting things besides high level nekkers and humans. apperantly the only thing I can recieve XP on (25xp) is Gwent of all things and its very inconsistent in the missions. And I mean missions where I am either too weak for or just over by 3 levels. I have beat multiple level 24 missions on my level 20 and no XP. My missions are always green so I should be getting XP

I think I'm gonna just beat the main wuest and put this game out for a while but just putiting it out there that this is a bug as no one else seems to be talking about it. I am on Patch 1.0.4 and yes its a legal GOG copy. I wonder if Steam Users have this problem

I am on PC btw.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you overlevelled those quests. Once they go grey, no EXP is given, it's not a bug. It's a design decision, which I personally don't mind as I'm a conpletionist and I'd be far over the level of anything but high contracts.

EDIT If those quests are your level or slightly above, then it seems it is a bug. :/

Last edited:
In my post it says I am playing levels where I am under the required levels. I know about gray missions I'm talking about green side and witcher contract missions. I am getting no XP.

I'm guessing you overlevelled those quests. Once they go grey, no EXP is given, it's not a bug. It's a design decision, which I personally don't mind as I'm a conpletionist and I'd be far over the level of anything but high contracts.

Umm hes saying hes level 20 and doing level 24 missions so i dont think so...

I've edited that in, that's what I get for skimming the text. Still, your responses came after the edit so I guess I'm not the only one guilty of it.

Firstly the entire idea of grey quests is a terrible as it has no place in a single player game. Secondly a lot of main quests, side quests contracts etc give you no exp even if you are at their level. This is infuriating and it feels you make no progress even if you played for a day.

I shall stop playing to see how this issue is resolved as i rather not waste more time if i have to restart.

Agree. I'm not doing side quests anymore. Also I'm not checking the notice boards too because can give you quests for low levels.

This concept must be revisioned.

This decision seemed weird at first but when i started to think about, it is logical. An experienced warrior/adventurer will probably get zero experience for defeating noob warrior... so no xp seems logical, if Geralt is overexperienced for the task :)

But logic aside. I think the problem is that devs went for fixed xp amount for each level gain. If Geralt would need increasing amounts of xp for every level then they wouldnt need to disable xp from low level quests. Right now, if you just enable xp for those quests, Geralt would get overpowered very fast.

My thoughts. Should also note that i havent played the game yet and my opinion is based on info i have read in this forum.

This decision seemed weird at first but when i started to think about, it is logical. An experienced warrior/adventurer will probably get zero experience for defeating noob warrior... so no xp seems logical, if Geralt is overexperienced for the task :)

But logic aside. I think the problem is that devs went for fixed xp amount for each level gain. If Geralt would need increasing amounts of xp for every level then they wouldnt need to disable xp from low level quests. Right now, if you just enable xp for those quests, Geralt would get overpowered very fast.

My thoughts. Should also note that i havent played the game yet and my opinion is based on info i have read in this forum.

I would like to see a "classic XP gain" instead where amount of points by killing monster remains the same as you increase your level.
The XPs required to reach the next level should be always incremented every time you level up.

The actual system is a mess.

Top Bottom