No fix for the crashing.

+
crazy thing is before 1.03 no crashes/Bluescreens whatsoever, but now with 1.03 it's crashing any 10-20 min(and sometimes with bluescreens/freezes). i dunno, what you did with the 1.03 but somethings get worse.

PC:
* i7 3960k
* 32 GB DDR3 RAM
* Asus 970 Strix (not overclocked - out of the box)
* 2 SSD's in Raid 0 (for science..)

I just experience a few crashes myself after patch 1.03. On few occasions, nVidia driver reported that the display adapter stopped working.

I was using MSI Afterburner to display the FPS. After turning it off, it has not crashed for 2 hrs; was crashing in less than an hour before that.

Just wondering if OSD programs are causing it...

It crashes a lot for me with this update , first it crashed randomly in the inventory , now it even crashes when i'm playing the game , exploring and killing monsters...This patch made it worse -.-.

---------- Updated at 08:07 AM ----------

I'm scarred to even play it anymore since i don't want to loose my progress when i play for a while and don't save ...

Disable MSI afterburner screen shot, video -shotcuts in settings of afterburner i.e. set none!
let him run in background (myself using and running together last versions of Fraps and Afterburner)
- use fraps for fps counter, video and screen shots
- Use older nvdia driver(before gta ready driver) or wait for a new one(this is obvious)
- use full screen in game
-no vsync
-unlimited fps

-Blue screen- low voltage on CPU or heating

-Black screen-Delete orginal shortcut - go in folder bin and send exe to desktop
this is my favorite -no more just one crash in 15 hours playing after that action-cause of nvdia driver

-Update drivers new and old
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Setup
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup

you see this problem anywere ???

in this video (0:01 and 0:41 in the video )

[video=youtube;-gSIVNCO4ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSIVNCO4ro[/video]

i have i7 4770 and 780ti windforce oc factory

and this problem ruin my game
I've got exactly the same problem on my game (as well as the random crash) and ruined all too. I've got it from D1 and the second day suddenly appear this problem too. I've tried many combinations of res and settings but crash and those things do not depend on any of these, they're still random. On the new 1.03 patch the situation is a bit improved but still far from full playability.

I think i've got your configuration too: i7 4770K (3.50 Ghz), GTX 780 Ti by Gigabyte (The OC Version) and 8 GB RAM.

I have Game errors too.
After a while the Game minimized and im on the Desktop,hear the Sound of the Game in the background.
I can move inGame and hear the Footsteps but im unable to return into the Gamewindow.
End the Gametask in the Taskmanager.

I have a NV 660TI (newest Driver)
- 6 Gig Ram
-Soundblaster Xi-Fi

Just wanted to add that after the last patch I didn't encounter any crashes or freezes anymore.

For comparing reasons here are my specs and settings:

Win7 Home Premium 64bit
nvidia gtx760 (MSI Hawk factory oc'd)
16GB PC3 12800 RAM
Newest nvidia drivers (so no rollback, they are the "witcher 3" drivers)

Fullscreen 1920x1080
Frames unlimited
vysnc deactivated
hardware cursor deactivated
graphic settings high
hairworks off

I hadn't had a freeze in several hours, last time was prior to the last patch. I hope they will get to the bottom of this, so you can soon enjoy the game as intended.

I had the black screen with sound crash as I stated a few pages back, BUT Friday and this morning (saturday 23rd May) I've had NO crashes at all, played for around 5 or 6 hours each time.
I have made NO changes to my setup, the game hasn't updated or patched anything to my knowledge either. Everything is EXACTLY the same as before.
This is truly baffling...

On Patch 1.04 the situation is now much better than before for me. This things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSIVNCO4ro are now extremely rare, almost dessapeared but the random crash still remain, much less than before but still here.
I've also noticed that if I turn on V-Sync, put the game on Full Screen and play the game on 60 or more fps all this problems are intesified, same if i lock the framerate at 40 (or 30 too) on the same setting. But if i lock the frame on 40/30 and set borderless window no more crash and graphic things.
So if you're having my same issues, try this solution while waiting for a permanent fix.

my current remedy for the crashes ... start the game without any thirdparty launcher (steam, gog, whatsoever) directly via the wither3.exe
this at least gives me a couple of hours before a driver crash occurs.

i5-4670k
16gb ram
gtx 660ti

When I try to play the unicorn sex scene and the master craft quest at the cut scenes when it loads it gives me a black screen then the task manager says not responding, I have lowered and turned off graphic settings and nothing works I downgraded graphics and re installed the game and nothing still wont work. I tried looking up fixes for this and nothing it's very annoying since patch 1.03 and 1.04 this game cut scenes won't even work now, never had a crash or freezing before patch 1.03 and 1.04 so i know it's the damn update that caused this issue. I can run this game with everything on ultra including the nvidia hair to on and not have any frame rate issues or anything before these patches so CD Project Red fix this cause your patches are now messing up badly :realmad:

My Specs

Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), 4.0GHz
16 GB Ram
Video Card: SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 290X 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E TRI-X

^ This (Plahh), after a week of tearing my hair out, simply disabling Steam completely and starting from a shortcut to the executable has set me straight, not one crash in 8 hours of play, cranked up the graphics options to near full,780 Ti at normal clock speeds, NO CRASHES! Finally.

edit to note: Im using the 347.88 drivers. going to stick with as they are working well for now

Last edited:
I use a dual monitor setup too. Also have the black screen (with sound) crash. I emailed support and got a small list of things to try. including a line about the game not liking a multi monitor setup. Although I've tried reverting back to a single monitor, restarting my machine and starting the game but to no avail, it still crashes between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Tried everything else suggested too. Oh I have a GTX 660ti (2gig) factory overclocked, tried downclocking it to around basic settings but nope with that too.

Try downclock -50MHZ only, for GPU and Memory too, the same value! It's work for me, I use the same Video Card like you, but on SLI mode! Good Luck!

Sigh, just had another crash, I really hope that an upcoming patch will fix it, it is so sporadic in when it crashes.

Top Bottom