No full frontal nudity in The Witcher 3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No full frontal nudity in The Witcher 3

In TW1 and TW2 we saw fully naked women. In TW3 they always wore panties, or they were facing away from us. Did the devs get more conservative compared to how it was in 2007? Or did they just not know that no one wears panties in the sauna?
Even the bruxa on the Gwent card is wearing panties, while the female vampires in TW1 were completely naked.

Is there any option to unlock full nudity? Perhaps, I just didn't see it. If there's not, are they planning to add it (with some kind of DLC or extended edition)?
What do you think about extra features like removing panties, adding nudity in erotic scenes etc.?

Attachments

• chto_belyy_volk.png
    chto_belyy_volk.png
    340.3 KB · Views: 51,799
  • 2015-05-25_184336.jpg
    2015-05-25_184336.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 24,113
By the way, a funny thing: there is a woman in the game pantyless; a whore from the Passiflora. She's naked because she's sitting in a water tub.
But then, Skellige women actually do wear panties even when going to the baths and also they swim with those on. For that very reason devs even painted Ciri's Tattoo not on her groin (as it would be according to the book source) but on inner thighs.

View attachment 15077
View attachment 15078

Attachments

• 14324808383540.jpg
    14324808383540.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 134,874
  • 14324174521771.jpg
    14324174521771.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 9,956
yeah the problem aint the nudity its the lack of scenes quality ,variations , story driven sex ecounters with non humans or creatures and generaly lack of options in that part , and that cant be fixed easyly by mods even if this were skyrim, skyrim dont use cutscenes its easyer to mod it textures are far easyer to make and replace

but unless the is unusable content in the data of the game moders can use it will be hard to fix probably and will take many months

Perhaps none of the artists have ever seen a real life naked female? The lack of full nudity in a Witcher game is really weird. They sure didn't mention that in the press. Did CDPR give in to the masses? Well, if the game is moddable, it will be rectified eventually. I guess a modded Skyrim is still the game to play for non-prudes :) Decapitations are okay, but showing full nudity...gasp!

Last edited:
From from doing clothing photoshoots I learned somewhere that some countries don't allow bottom nudity without a certain adult rating but top nudity is fine. lol So that's probably the main reason why since it's a global version and they ship worldwide.

Oh, so this is worldwide? I just got to the Passiflora and I though I'm somehow running a censored version since the girls wear panties when shown from front (but butts are shown, butt's are ok? :) )

While I don't care about having nudity just for the sake of nudity in video games in general, I did find it a bit odd that there was full frontal in the previous games but then not in the third one. I don't like when changes like this cause some things to feel differently. A game series will change with each new game but the over all "feel" of the game should not. Changing to no full frontal nudity did make the Witcher 3 feel less adult and more for teens to me.

I found it a bit jarring that the nude scenes just didn't feel the same as previous games, particularly Witcher 2's Triss romance scene. I was expecting an uninhibited scene in Witcher 3 but got what felt like a censored version of the scene. I know the nude scene in Witcher 3 wasn't censored but the Rose of Remembrance scene was way better in my opinion because they both had the great character interaction and comedy that made it really endearing but Rose did not shy away from the nudity.

I praised CDPR for the R rating nudity in the Witcher 2 Triss love scene but then they just crapped all over that praise by making the nudity in the Witcher 3 Triss love scene PG.

Even the bath house felt out of sync with the game due to all the people having either towels or panties on. Should all of them, both male and female not have been completely naked?

EDIT: I hope this is not a sign that CDPR is giving in to social justice, if so, I fear for the outcome of Cyberpunk 2077. We already have BioWare for politically correct RPG's. Maybe I should just be happy that there was still nudity at all?

This may seem a bit odd, but for me, if I see just topless women I feel like it was just put in to cater to straight male audiences, but if I see full frontal like the Witcher 2 Rose of Remembrance love scene I accept it more because it feels more natural, more realistic, and not just conveniently placed camera angles to show nudity for the sake of nudity. Instead it feels like a real attempt to show a realistic love making scene.

Last edited:
There is a way to have Full frontal,for main characters Ciri,Triss,Yen it makes them that way in scenes and all the time but ATM there is no genitaila. That will have to be phyiscally addeed in. However unless you look with a magnifying glass you won't notice. Also this method basically turns the full frontal on/off. I can tell you how just PM me.

Is Geralt still having intercourse with his pants on? This is the burning question, guys!

Yes, ironic when Yen has "full body nudity", that scene was really strange. They probably did this because they choose not to put Geralt fully naked, having "pants Geralt" all the time was just silly, so they put pants on everyone.

I have to admit that DA:I did it better but I really do not care, I am not playing this games for naked pixels

Yes, ironic when Yen has "full body nudity", that scene was really strange. They probably did this because they choose not to put Geralt fully naked, having "pants Geralt" all the time was just silly, so they put pants on everyone.

I have to admit that DA:I did it better but I really do not care, I am not playing this games for naked pixels

with the way the game deliver it yes its bad but if it did like witcher 2 then its not meaningless and its not nudity that impress us or the supposed sex scene we are not kids but w2 manage to deliver those things and not be meaningless or joke in w3 its almost a joke exept some + on the romance part

If it had, then it would be probably be forbidden in some countries, middle east countries dont have nudity at all, example Keira Metz takihg shower in bra

Last edited:
If it had, then it would be probably be forbidden in some countries, middle east countries dont have nudity at all

Middle east countries got a censored version anyway, so there would be no difference. And considering Witcher 2 had full frontal nudity it would have not been a problem in the western countries.

Middle east countries got a censored version anyway, so there would be no difference. And considering Witcher 2 had full frontal nudity it would have not been a problem in the western countries.
Is it not W2 censored in Australia too, western maybe not dont know the laws, maybe something changed in between games in some countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom