no Legendary crafting plans

+
ok so.... I went to this clothes store in City center... I stumbled upon legendary crafting plans, cost about 20k or 40k cant remember.... didnt buy them thinking Ill return later here... Returned here after +-10 hours of gameplay and... no plans! I googled a little and saw that certain clothes stores are bugged as the plans are here only during the first visit!!
I am like.... WTF....
Not only the most clothing makes you look like a hobo in a city full of wonderful (NPC) clothes, those that actually look good are bugged... Idk if I ever saw that many bugs

Not only the most clothing makes you look like a hobo in a city full of wonderful (NPC) clothes, those that actually look good are bugged... Idk if I ever saw that many bugs

Uhh... how about [...] you just google where to find legendary clothing?

There's a bunch of legendary clothing out in the world for you to go grab that is powerful and looks good.

There's a bunch of legendary clothing out in the world for you to go grab that is powerful and looks good.
I went a Technical/crafting way and... well... I cant craft if there are no plans x)

Rhyzur

Forum regular
It would be nice if all plans worked like Iconics. Sure, maybe not all of them are legendary right off the bat, but each time you craft it, it goes up in rarity. Then get rid of the junk shops because, why are those there? And instead turn it into a blueprint shop that cycles inventory and include every piece of clothing with a notification if you already own that plan.

I have over 20 legendary crafting bluprints. Shotguns, bats, katana's, power pistols, sniper rifles, etc. They DO exist. Just gotta find them.

I found most in territories controlled by the upper tier gangs btw.

Rhyzur

Forum regular
I have over 20 legendary crafting bluprints. Shotguns, bats, katana's, power pistols, sniper rifles, etc. They DO exist. Just gotta find them.

All of those can be found in the wild though. You don't have to ever buy the legendary weapon blueprints. I don't think I've ever seen a clothing blueprint, and I know for a fact there hasn't been any legendary blueprint drops clothing wise for me.

I went a Technical/crafting way and... well... I cant craft if there are no plans x)

I have max crafting at lvl 20, and am a pure technical/hacker build. Legendary plans DO exist. Visit weapon vendors a lot, and take on the more powerful gangs and loot everything you see. A couple of Panam's side missions have legendary blueprints in containers, and the weapons dealer in her camp sells them sometimes.

Remember than ALL vendor inventories reset and randomize every 24 hours of game time but within limits. So the gun dealer at your apartment complex will never sell you a Legendary blueprint (just a few legendary guns), but the gun and clothing vendors far away will.
Post automatically merged:

All of those can be found in the wild though. You don't have to ever buy the legendary weapon blueprints. I don't think I've ever seen a clothing blueprint, and I know for a fact there hasn't been any legendary blueprint drops clothing wise for me.
Then your either looking in the wrong place, or just having bad luck/glitches. I have found in the wild as well as purchased Legendary blueprints myself. My blue jacket with 800 armor is one I built myself.

I DID notice that no legendary blueprints showed up in my game until after I had the ability to craft them though. So maybe that is required before the blueprints spawn with vendors or on enemies

Rhyzur

Forum regular
Then your either looking in the wrong place, or just having bad luck/glitches. I have found in the wild as well as purchased Legendary blueprints myself. My blue jacket with 800 armor is one I built myself.
I have found a few from vendors that I bought, but I would never wear them. Ew. My best luck is that if I find a certain piece of clothing in a chest that I like, I just re-load and keep going back until it turns orange and has some mod slots. I spent an hour just to get my blue bowtie shirt.

The OP has a point.

I've found a few out in the wild, but I was expecting specifically clothes stores to be selling more. It seems it's extremely rare.

They are bugged. I cannot find a single schematic for a legendary Kenshin, but I have found 3 schematics for a legendary Asura in the wild. And almost every vendor has Saratoga or HJUS legendary on sale.

That is in over 200hrs of game play and with save scumming and time skipping at vendors on top.

At some point in the game, the store assortment regressed for me. Levelling your Street Cred should provide you with a wider range of buyable items and - yes - at some point I could actually buy several legendary recipes and armor mods. Those simply vanished at some point though - no matter how many days I skip forward. I guess this is some kind of bug akin to the bug where you can't receive (legendary) quickhacks from access points anymore?

If you could 'learn' schematics through disassembly/deconstruction or even upgrade non-iconic, looted items to a higher tier... now THAT would be great. :)
I gave up on crafting a set of legendary gear that looks fashionable (imho) in lieu of one of the known sets that exist in the world.

Last edited:
That's precisely why I gave up on my first gunslinger reflex playthrough and rerolled a Body focused Shotgun character. My first character can't get any of the recipes from any shop because I visited all of them while exploring. The schematics are just gone forever except for the few I bought at first sight.

I had to either wait until they fix it or start over. Figured I'd just start over on Very Hard. But then I found out a bunch of my perks are broken or will break when combined with Cold Blood perks. Lol there's just no winning.

OK clothing store, my first visit(s) they had Legendary Schematics, Didn't have the skills or the Eddies to use them at the time once I did have the Eddies I went back no Legendary Shematics, ok played a bit more got the skills go Back still no Legendary schematics, think 3 days past ingame between most visits. Not seen a Legendary Clothing Schematic since my V is now sitting on €$195k as I can't get these legendaries and this is after buying all the cars in the Badlands and the Ragnar in the city. Most side gigs complete (except the Johnny related ones), yeah I have about 12 Legendary Weapon Schematics, one which I can't make as it needs the Original Katana "Scalpel" and a scrapped it for materials and their appears to be no way to get it again. (the reason I wanted the schematics is because on this play through I went Hacking/Crafting and Stealth.)

This person means the legendary clothing crafting specs that are supposed to be in the stores. Right now you can see them only when you firts time visit the shops, after that they are gone forever (regardles if you buy them or not). This is a bug known to almost all except CDPR. Some say bunch of rare/epic stuff crafting specs can disappear that way too..

This happened to me right after the Heist and I was not rich. First store I went to had 3 legendary recipes. Now I have only found 1 since.

If you could 'learn' schematics through disassembly/deconstruction or even upgrade non-iconic, looted items to a higher tier... now THAT would be great. :)
I gave up on crafting a set of legendary gear that looks fashionable (imho) in lieu of one of the known sets that exist in the world.
I couldn't agree more. And please, stop making us craft items with random stats. Who on earther would *ever* craft something without knowing what it will be ? Just make it require more components but let us craft our gear with max slots if we want to. Oh. and change the colors !! Seriously NC is all about style and yet unless you farm some specific sets you just look like a clown.
I am very disppointed by the craft system to be honnest, which is absolutely not close to be the next reference in RPG, at least I sure hope not.
And what is it with upgrading components one by one ? Or crafting grenades one by one ? Such a waste of time and what a poor design.
Don't get me wrong, linking it with the engineer skill tree is brilliant, some perks are great, but the final outcome is just passable when it comes to crafting (where engineering just wrecks havock). And the level 20 crafting perk ? Is that a joke ? You're at endgame, dying, but you're going to craft stuff (one by one remember) to sell them just to make money ? Nah, for an end game perk that is useless.
Alas this is not everything... Did you notice that some items you can craft you don't actually know what they are doing ? Especially cyberware mods. No description to indicates on which cyberware it applies, nor what it actually does, how it works, nothing. You just have to google it, glad the net still exists in 2021...
All this kind of reminds me of the Witcher 3, where Geralt still has to LEARN how to craft basic oils and potions... At the start of the THIRD opus...
Please, please, drop the old RPG mechanichs and move on to something really new. Don't just marketing it, do it !

Who on earther would *ever* craft something without knowing what it will be ? Just make it require more components but let us craft our gear with max slots if we want to.

Dews should think of the carbon footprint of those legendary Johhny Silverhand pants with no mod slots.

My complaint is that the gear you find seems to level with the protag. This is a bit unfair. If you search around the map for some decent legendary clothes early on, the stats seem good. But as you get to higher levels you get loot drops for uncommon or rare clothing items that have higher stats than your legendary gear.

Top Bottom