no longer the worst game ever... but help anyways.. lol

+
no longer the worst game ever... but help anyways.. lol

:mad:this is by far the stupidest game ever... only because, I cant play it. OMG WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT?! only 20,000 other people have the same problem. ive been sitting at my computer for 3 hours tryin to figure it out and there is no official technical helpers doing anything. There is no need to reply to this post, I just want people to know that until I repost something saying the game has started working... please for your sake do not buy or download this game. I cant even find a phone number or email address to contact someone. peace of sh*t game.

Firstly, you may want to change the title of the topic, since, well, you havent actually played it yet :) (Sorry, i just couldnt resist.)Second of all, Maybe if you posted your problem here, somebody could help. Instead of just flaming the game and saying it doesnt work.So, as the poster above asked, whats the problem?

*sigh* ok yeah I was really pissed earlier and now a bit calmer. lol. :-[I had the problem where the game would crash on the first loading screen after picking new game. after installing some new driver the game works but it works for 5 seconds tops, then the screen goes black, while background music is still working. im running the game with medium settings in the video thing. im not a computer wiz by no meens so I could use some help in finding ways to make the game run more smoothly. my system meets all the req i believe. plz post if u need more info. sorry bout first post hehe >.<

seangreg said:
*sigh* ok yeah I was really pissed earlier and now a bit calmer. lol. :-[I had the problem where the game would crash on the first loading screen after picking new game. after installing some new driver the game works but it works for 5 seconds tops, then the screen goes black, while background music is still working. im running the game with medium settings in the video thing. im not a computer wiz by no meens so I could use some help in finding ways to make the game run more smoothly. my system meets all the req i believe. plz post if u need more info. sorry bout first post hehe >.<
Seangreg There are a lot of other users who have experienced the same issue or variations of same (me too). I did some reading throughout these threads and found a lot of help. In fact, the other items in the threads listed here were exactly what I was experincing. Some of the things I did:1. Corrected my "page file" size 2. Turned off "Depth of Field" and "Antialising" in the game options menu.3. Lowered resolution to 1024 x 7684. edited my executable with the "don't check for minimum requirements" switch (see threads for exact details or email me for the parameter - I'm at work, can't get to PC)5. latest drivers for PC, video cards, DVD drive (firmware)6. NO cracks for "no DVD/CD" programs like Game Jackal, Daemon Tools, etc. Don't even install them. If you have, start with a "clean" Windows XP SP2 (don't tell me you're using Vista)7. Shut down any "startup" programs running, that are not 100% absolutely necessary (I shut down Creative Labs Media Source and SpySweeper)8. Norton Antivirus - I still have it running, but several folks inside and outside of this forum have said to dump it. I will be doing just that, as I've found over the years that 1) it does slow things down, 2) NAV is so intrusive to my PC, 3) Even with fully legal and licensed installations, I still have errors with updates and other items, that just seem to take forever to fix with Symantec support staff.Hope you can find some assistance in the articles already posted. Sorry I can't be more help.

Meeting minimum requirements is far too vague. First step is to post your system specs, including your hardware and your drivers. And don't say 'latest drivers'. List the driver version number. The amount of times I've seen someone post they have the latest drivers and it turns out there are newer stable versions boggles the mind.

Top Bottom