No mandatory internet or social feature please.

+
No mandatory internet or social feature please.

Hopefully I am worrying over nothing, but I really hope there is no mandatory internet. Especially for some type of MMO/Social feature like dark souls or the new watchdogs, or even Hitman absolution with its "contracts" feature, where we have other players (idiots) interacting with OUR singleplayer game. I do not want an MMO or MMO light event, I just want to play a singleplayer game by myself with no interaction or influence from the the mass of real world people. I have no problem with it having a multilayer OPTION (prefer to have resources not wasted on MP, but I digress).

This also goes for the HACKING the internet feature, I really hope it will not be something we really have to get online to do and meet other real world people, again, let it all be in game unless they people willingly want to connect through multiplayer.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not that kind of game and CDPR is not that kind of company.. They do not force an online component to their games as they do not even put a bullshit online DRM on their games.. As their other games like Witcher 1 and 2 didn't even have multiplayer or any kind of DRM, one can safely assume their other games wont have it as well.. (Well, Witcher 1 had it at first, but they removed it with an update) So i'm happy to say that you are worrying over nothing.. Great thing about CDPR is that they are not working with a greedy publisher such as EA who loves to milk gamers out of their money..

I wasn't familiar with CDPR as a company, prior to Cyberpunk 2077 being announced, but they seem to have a good track record and a HEALTHY support of their policies from their customer base.

Other publishers (Blizzard, for example,) make a change not endorsed by the community, there's a HUGE flap about it in their forums.

I'm pretty confident that CDPR aren't going to try to force a mandatory online on us. =)

CD Projekt RED does not care about adding social features in their video games or Digital Rights Management (DRM) in the video games that they develop. CD Projekt RED also does not do DLC's we get DLC's for free in patches or updates and CD Projekt RED also does not do microtransactions in the video games that they develop. The only thing CD Projekt RED will sell is Expansion Packs which are bigger than the main video game itself or about the same size as the main video game itself.

CD Projekt RED is my favorite video game development company because they treat their customers nicely.

They won't do any such crap. The maximum so far was uploading your arena points on the leaderboards, that too optional.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not that kind of game and CDPR is not that kind of company.. They do not force an online component to their games as they do not even put a bullshit online DRM on their games.. As their other games like Witcher 1 and 2 didn't even have multiplayer or any kind of DRM, one can safely assume their other games wont have it as well.. (Well, Witcher 1 had it at first, but they removed it with an update) So i'm happy to say that you are worrying over nothing.. Great thing about CDPR is that they are not working with a greedy publisher such as EA who loves to milk gamers out of their money..

nothing to add

nothing to add

What Braindancer said.

I think there might be social aspects in this game, like maybe players can interact in a bar or something, and trade stories, hints or items, but I doubt that CDPR will make them mandatory, for reasons already stated by others.

I think there might be social aspects in this game, like maybe players can interact in a bar or something, and trade stories, hints or items, but I doubt that CDPR will make them mandatory, for reasons already stated by others.
Hm. That'd be an interesting idea for game functionality.

Not sure how well "swapping stories" would work, but perhaps you could get and trade Job triggers at a bar, or do some under-the-table deals. That'd be an interesting mechanic.

Not sure how well "swapping stories" would work, but perhaps you could get and trade Job triggers at a bar, or do some under-the-table deals. That'd be an interesting mechanic.
Yeah unfortunately Google has ruined any kind of need to ask tips from others in game. Even when I try to interract and ask something in some multiplayer games replies are often "Gooogle..." :facepalm:

I like the idea of swapping stories :] Maybe like talking with other players on a mic, and having the ability to choose which players you can mute or not.

BS. Bioware used to be the same way, and we know how that turned out. Once they start adding multiplayer, it'll just get worse. Maybe you youngins haven't gone through this game before, but trust me, the lure of selling Call of Duty or Skyrim numbers is too tempting.

I'm also big advocate of 90% single player game & experience. If MP must be implemented then why not make it Co-Op like in Mass Effect 3 but 10X more deeper.

I only don't want to see WatchDogs & Division scenario when other players are connecting via smartphones & tablets and playing my game.

Multiplayer should always be optional, unless this game is designed to be an MMO.

Also, no DRM for obvious reasons.

Multiplayer should always be optional, unless this game is designed to be an MMO.

Also, no DRM for obvious reasons.

It's already confirmed as single-player with multi-player options. It won't be an MMO, and DRM-free versions will be available.

I am gonna trust the Witcher fanboys who have a history with this company when they say CDPR would never do this...

And I am going to trust that if they do, a large party will form, with bounties placed on certain company heads, and a reckoning will be had....

Top Bottom