No mandatory internet or social feature please.

+
I'm still in a state of happiness at being called a youngun :wat:
It's a long time since that happened.

Anyway, the TL : DR on that link I gave earlier is "CDPR will never do this". Believe us.

See, the kid up above me is the witcher fan princess.... and I trust her judgement on such things...

BS. Bioware used to be the same way, and we know how that turned out. Once they start adding multiplayer, it'll just get worse. Maybe you youngins haven't gone through this game before, but trust me, the lure of selling Call of Duty or Skyrim numbers is too tempting.

Bioware used to have better publisher than EA. Even Interplay era Bioware didn't have the principles like CDPR. If Baldur's Gate made by CDPR, Tales of the Sword Coast would be a free patch.

I think there's scope of 'online' aspects of the game, but if the main game isn't good enough on it's own that it needs multi-player rehashed filler that doesn't add to the story or gameplay, then I'd be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong - when they do a sequel to 2077, I'd welcome all kinds of funky shit. But for the first time round, please be gentle.

Bioware used to have better publisher than EA. Even Interplay era Bioware didn't have the principles like CDPR. If Baldur's Gate made by CDPR, Tales of the Sword Coast would be a free patch.

Bioware and ea are NOT separate companies any more, at least on an ideological level. The real talent that made bioware great left when EA bought bioware out because they knew the direction that EA would to to it.

In case you did not know how bad EA is, let me give you a taste. Bioware was bought by elevation partners, a sort of union company that is supposed to protect independent studios from being turned into a corporate shill company and why bioware let them be bought by them. John Riccitiello (may his soul burn in gaming hell), quit EA and joined elevation partners, agreed to the buy out of bioware from EA(who have been eying bioware for a while), then this a-hole quit elevation partners and became the CEO of EA. Basically corporate espionage and hostile takeover.

As mentioned, the good talent left bioware and the rest are mostly corporate EA shills or worker drones from other EA departments. Bioware is just a brand name and it is all EA pulling the strings. Look at the huge discrepency between dragon age origins and DA2. You think the old bioware would have released that mess? No, lets look at who the shills in place were who created da2. We have Mike laidlaw who said on record that he HATES old school rpg's (then why do you work for an RPG COMPANY?!?!?!) as creative lead and then you have lead writer David Gaider who is more interested in shoving his personal political ideology into his writing than making a great or even fun game. He flat out says that if you did not like DA2 it was only because you were a homophobe. He seriously said that. Now considering how bad DA2 was you would think they would replace the team. Nope, the same shills are in charge of DA3, which should be considered DA2.2 because it looks like DA2 in an open world. Listening to their fans indeed.

Lets look at everything bioware has done to games since it became EAware and hopefully CDP should avoid like the plauge.

* Mandatory internet and origin required
* Substandard story, boring two dimensional characters
* VERY, VERY, VERY, limited dialog, with only 3 choices between good, sorta bad, sarcastic (part of the problem is because of voiced acting for protag) The wticher 2 has this flaw as well, but it is done better.
* Choices do not matter, regardless of what you select it will always be the same outcome.
* Linear paths for everything, not branching outcomes or choices
* forgettable NPC's and companions, boring world and setting
* One boring ending
* In game ADVERTISEMENT!!!
* Cutting out very improtant parts to sell as day one DLC
* Microtransactions!
* Boring protagonist, the tough as nails brooding military type
* Making the game as politically correct, not offending, and trying to please everyone. In the end, making a very shallow and boring game
* Action, action action! in an RPG game. Every solution involved killing, killing, killing.
* A lot of Fetch and time sink quests to drag out the game
* etc.

Pretty much everything that bioware has done since they became EAWARE needs to avoided like the plague.

I am boggled at the amount of Bioware hate and why people think it applies here.CDPR is a polish corporation - do they worry, or even check out, about what other polish media corps do? Do they compare CDPR with Obsidian? Hey, here's a worry - wasn't Troika an RPG company with big ideas? Where are they now?

Bioware didn't pioneer the open-world game. They didn't pioneer the fantasy RPG. All they are is a current leading exponent of it. That's it. Because they or Bethesda or whomever makes a design choice neither precludes nor includes CDPR making a similar choice.

Furthermore, there -are- going to be similarities in these games, given the medium, the themes and the platforms. There just are. And that doesn't even take into account tastes, that what one person thinks is boring, "tough as nails brooding type ( hello, Geralt)", other people quite enjoy playing.

Rather than worrying about what CDPR shouldn't do with their games, check out the dream rpg thread to see some great ideas on what they could do.

And, understand that because Bioware or Bethesda may have done horribly non-consenting carnal things to your rpg-puppy or whatever, does not in any way mean that CDPR will as well.

Last edited:
I am boggled at the amount of Bioware hate and why people think it applies here.CDPR is a polish corporation - do they worry, or even check out, about what other polish media corps do? Do they compare CDPR with Obsidian? Hey, here's a worry - wasn't Troika an RPG company with big ideas? Where are they now?

Bioware didn't pioneer the open-world game. They didn't pioneer the fantasy RPG. All they are is a current leading exponent of it. That's it. Because they or Bethesda or whomever makes a design choice neither precludes nor includes CDPR making a similar choice.

Furthermore, there -are- going to be similarities in these games, given the medium, the themes and the platforms. There just are. And that doesn't even take into account tastes, that what one person thinks is boring, "tough as nails brooding type ( hello, Geralt)", other people quite enjoy playing.

Rather than worrying about what CDPR shouldn't do with their games, check out the dream rpg thread to see some great ideas on what they could do.

And, understand that because Bioware or Bethesda may have done horribly non-consenting carnal things to your rpg-puppy or whatever, does not in any way mean that CDPR will as well.

Sard is correct, I hate it when he is correct, but he is...

Forum veteran
If Baldur's Gate made by CDPR, Tales of the Sword Coast would be a free patch.
Tales of the Sword Coast was an expansion, not a patch, and I remember an old interview where CDPR said that patches/DLC would be free while expansions (none of which ever actually materialized) would be something they would charge for. I can't find the interview where that came up because it's old and buried under a pile of Witcher 3 articles, but definitely remember that being brought up when Witcher 2 was new-ish.

I'm on board for a rampant, unchecked orgy of CDPR love, but let's not use hyperbole that isn't necessarily true.

Forum veteran
Hyperbole makes orgies suck, though. When you tell everyone that there are going to be a million naked, writhing, willing bodies, only for there to be seven uncomfortable individuals, that's a bit of a let-down.

EDIT: I really need to quit using "orgy" as such a catch-all term. People are going to start talking.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Sigh. Okay, but just this once, and I get to close my eyes and call you Jennifer.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzip.

"Carnival is coming!"

Top Bottom