No Man's Land

+
No Man's Land

Is there any footage of this area from previews? To be more specific. the swamps of NML.
I really liked how the area looked in the 35 min demo and combined with the music it was just perfect. creepy and dark atmosphere that I didn't see in most gameplay previews.
Do you think it will be like this in the final game? And please do not involve the downgrade or anything like this.

Last edited:
I think RED changed color pallet, added bloom there too. Now it looks more colorful and less creepy, dark atmosphere. I see that from the comparison screenshots and gameplay footages. The mood of game is totally changed from what i understand.

Doesn't that rather depend on time of day, weather and other factors... I've seen footage that looks pretty close in mood.... and others which are brighter. This is what I'd expect tbh...

I plan on 'sitting' in a spot with an interesting vista and just watching the world change around me... more than once or twice.... It does mean you might miss some of the "atmosphere" demonstrated in previews, when these factors were tightly controlled (or carefully selected from random happenstance), but you'll see the same atmosphere elsewhere and elsewhen.

Yes there is footage of it in several of the previews. I know the gametrailers one shows Geralt following Johnny at one point. It still looks like a dark swamp to me.

May be i am wrong but from what i understand, we will not see same lighting with 35 min demo. I did not say that as goog as 35 min demo. Just not same I mean now there is bloom, less contrast, more colorful and bright lighting. The no mans land swamp area was my favorite place from 35 min demo. So i searched twice the color and mood of that place from all videos but i did not see the same lighting. Yes it depend of TOD like @Lieste said. But i think we saw almost all TOD in no mans land place. But i did not see the same mood as 35 min demo.

@Rawls can you send me link of that scene? I know at this moment it will hard to find 1 scene from almost 100 video of today. But if you can i will be happy. :)

If i am not wrong the weather condition was clean day in 35 min demo. And the most of the new videos was in clean day too, and in 35 min demo TOD was near night in swamp scene and color pallet was purple, blue but now it is red.

May be i am wrong but from what i understand, we will not see same lighting with 35 min demo. I did not say that as goog as 35 min demo. Just not same I mean now there is bloom, less contrast, more colorful and bright lighting. The no mans land swamp area was my favorite place from 35 min demo. So i searched twice the color and mood of that place from all videos but i did not see the same lighting. Yes it depend of TOD like @Lieste said. But i think we saw almost all TOD in no mans land place. But i did not see the same mood as 35 min demo.

@Rawls can you send me link of that scene? I know at this moment it will hard to find 1 scene from almost 100 video of today. But if you can i will be happy. :)
That's kinda disappointing for me. I like the colorful enviorments in Skellige for example, but it doesn't fit with some other parts of the game IMO.
Anyway. I found the scene with Johnny but it's rainy, still looks good tho: https://youtu.be/e4-H3VTmhLQ?t=513

@maork22

Posted this recently but it fits here.

This one of offical gameplay vids that got posted recently. It's not No Mans Land but if it has this effect in it being towards afternoon I think No Mans Land will have the 'dim errie feel' too.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=k_dvkGwwny0

Skip to 1:11, the woods still has errie 'creepiness' due to the tree canopy covering the lighting.

Also 2:48 is a nice 'brief moment' to see the eerie.

Last edited:
That's kinda disappointing for me. I like the colorful enviorments in Skellige for example, but it doesn't fit with some other parts of the game IMO.
Anyway. I found the scene with Johnny but it's rainy, still looks good tho: https://youtu.be/e4-H3VTmhLQ?t=513

Hmmm... THX. But from this scene i can not say anything. Totally different weather condition. But i noticed another differences. Not the topic of this thread. ;)

Top Bottom