NO mention of modding tools, worried.

+

msxyz

Forum regular
At this point, modding/dev tools would be a good and effective way to contribute to reversing CP2077 fortunes and perceived image.

-Modding tools can prolong a game life, greatly increase its perceived value, and even attract new players (i.e. Skyrim)
-Modding tools allow players to implement many small QoL improvements and solve many bugs/issues that will inevitably go unfixed
-Modding tools are a gesture of goodwill towards the player base.

The sooner they're released the better. Unlike the base game, nobody expects a dev tool to be polished, glitch free or even easy to use. People interested in modding will go beyond the limitations. I'm disappointed that the recent message totally neglected this aspect. As I said before, the availability of such tools would be a saving grace for CP2077. Right now Night City is like a rough, empty canvas waiting to be painted.

Those are not modding tools persee. Those are tools that helps modders build their own tools. What OP is talking about and what we need is something like the REDKit 2 for TW2EE

I really doubt modding tools or the like are going to be any sort of priority until at least the release of this month's patch and even after that I think their priorities will be releasing the dlc they had planned to release much earlier. The borked release of this game has probably set back their post release content plans by six months.

Last edited:
I think the community is the only saving grace of the game as of right now. Aside form the mods, people are making Tools to support modding CP77. check what the WolvenKit Team is doing. The community has already done more then CDPR

wkit_pre.png

wkit_vulkan_2.png

Last edited:
I think the community is the only saving grace of the game as of right now. Aside form the mods, people are making Tools to support modding CP77. check what the RED Modding Team is doing. The community has already done more then CDPR
This is all good and nice, but of what use are the MODs/modding tools if they arrive when the game will be all but forgotten? If the interest for this game wanes people will move on and so will most of the people with the talent or passion to do mods. Aside from a few hardcore fans of the game who will remain?

This is all good and nice, but of what use are the MODs/modding tools if they arrive when the game will be all but forgotten? If the interest for this game wanes people will move on and so will most of the people with the talent or passion to do mods. Aside from a few hardcore fans of the game who will remain?
Players have already moved on. Even the reddit is less and less active with every passing day.

I wouldn't believe everything you read on reddit. Reddit is a meme aggregator and the front page of a sub isn't even an accurate summary of the content that is posted to the sub. You only need to switch front page sorting for the Cyberpunkgame reddit from Hot to New to realize Reddit is good at one thing - distorting popular perception via karma farming. You won't see any effort posts on the front page for this reason. They do exist, you just have to look for them because they tend not to get seen or upvoted.

Same deal for twitter. You can't have a reasonable discussion about anything on twitter when the platform is fundamentally designed to change the heirarchy and visibility of information to suit the perceptions of people who are only interested in farming likes.

I absolutely dont trust anything a mediocre self proclaimed game journalist says for a single penny, let that be my benchmark.
Reddit I trust even less.

Lets first have CDPR focus on fixing what needs fixing and get the official game on working order.
Mods are not gonna be the most viable if each next iteration of the game may totally screw a mod because of some change or other.
(And yes, I've got experience with that with another game.)

I absolutely dont trust anything a mediocre self proclaimed game journalist says for a single penny, let that be my benchmark.
Reddit I trust even less.

Lets first have CDPR focus on fixing what needs fixing and get the official game on working order.
Mods are not gonna be the most viable if each next iteration of the game may totally screw a mod because of some change or other.
(And yes, I've got experience with that with another game.)

https://www.wired.com/story/cyberpunk-2077-review-story-problems/ , when someone tries to write something about a game but says about herself "For context: I don’t consider myself a gamer ". It is full of people who try to attract attention using something that is popular for the moment.

The devs would need time and other resources as well to develop modding tools, time that they currently spend on fixing bugs and develop DLCs. Console folks wouldn't have any benefit from official modding tools while bugfixes and DLCs are available for everyone.

https://www.wired.com/story/cyberpunk-2077-review-story-problems/ , when someone tries to write something about a game but says about herself "For context: I don’t consider myself a gamer ". It is full of people who try to attract attention using something that is popular for the moment.
I'm not exactly sure if it was intended but the article you linked was one of those typical ones that I pass up by default :p
The bold part: yup, thats clickbait 101 right there.

Top Bottom