No more experience pints after patch 1.04

+
No more experience pints after patch 1.04

Hi,

After this patch 1.04 , I did the Ladies of the woods, and the baron quests and I got no experience points.

Also, no experinece points after trreasure quests, witcher contracts.

I get xp points only after killing mosters.

I can't level up my character like this.

Please help!

I am having the exact same problem, only happening since 1.04. NO XP for anything other than using AXII sign in dialogues and monster contracts. Main story no XP mentioned on screen or added to total after completing.

We are aware of the issue and working on it. It's not related to 1.04 it just becomes apparent at some point in the game. We're sorry for this!

It's not related to 1.04 it just becomes apparent at some point in the game.
So, what actually is the issue?

Is it because at some point you might become overleved enough that certain story quests become 'gray'? (And I just assume gray quests don't give any XP just like gray monsters).

Also, any chance of a retroactive fix once this get's resolved (like award n XP on first time save load with fix in place?) or will we just have to compensate by hunting lots and lots of monsters? ;)

It just happened to me when I was level 15 and doing the find Dandelion quests. I was going through it at each stage thinking I should get some XP soon, then I thought it must be a really big amount all together at the end of the quest, then I finished the quest and realised; no XP. I tried installing The Witcher again on a different drive and only patched it to 1.03 as I thought 1.04 was the problem. It now seems 1.04 is not the problem anyway and also 1.03 can't read saves made in 1.04 anyway. Would there be any way of getting back the XP we have missed out on? I think I have missed quite a lot as I carried on with one quest for ages thinking it would give XP at the end and it didn't. Also pls fix, this is the one of the best games I have ever played and I can't play ;-)

OKay ... is there anything that WORKS PROPERLY IN THIS GAME ... I think not !

---------- Updated at 09:00 PM ----------

I think this is happening on random occasions sometimes i hear the sound effect when i receive exp but sometimes the sound is there but on the left there is no exp gained ? ??

I have experienced this too. The possible cause is the grey quest due to the high player level. Quest - Level 5, Geralt - Level 11
I loaded previous save and decided to postpone The Whispering Hillock until the bug is fixed.

We are aware of the issue and working on it. It's not related to 1.04 it just becomes apparent at some point in the game. We're sorry for this!
Thanks for the reply. But will the fix be retroactive or should I start new playthrough already? Missed a lot xp from 5-6 lvl quests.

ware of the issue and working on it. It's not related to 1.04 it just becomes apparent at some point in the game. We're sorry for this!
verleved enough that certain story quests become 'gray'? (And I just assume gray quests don't give any XP just like gray monsters).

Yeah the problem appears only when you go to a quest let's say level 6 and you are level 11-12.That happened to me.I'm now level 17.

When I started this thread I was level 11.I wonder how much experience have I lost.

Top Bottom