No more footprints on mud, snow, sand.

+
Yes, I have noticed this, too. Bug or feature? :question:
I think it is a sacrifice for better performance, maybe, although I didn't notice any difference. As you can see on videos in my first post there is a huge visual difference.

Last edited:
Man, they just won't stop.. d..optimizing the game. This is so depressing.
Removing things even from Ultra settings? Why CDPR?????

They keep rolling these damn console optimizations into the PC version. This is why the PC needs it's own development team rather than a combined team.

Want to bump this as it's still not fixed. CDProjekt please can someone have a look at this? It's such a wonderful detail and it's a real shame it's gone missing.

@Zenball Seems to be working for me

@sidspyker - you're right, to be clear it's not that it's not working full stop, it's more that the number of surfaces it works on is drastically reduced and when they do work they are so faint as to be almost imperceptible - there's no clearer evidence than in the comparison videos in the first post, give them a watch. Pre-patch 1.12 the footprints were extremely clear and were always left for every single of Geralt's steps. Post patch 1.12 they are only left occasionally and are a lot fainter than before. Something has definitely changed for the worse and the feature is now essentially broken.

Recently i started to replay the Witcher 3 and also I noticed that Geralt doesn't leave footprints in the loose dirt, he does leave some in the snow, and the beach in white orchard but that's it. Then even more irritable to me is that Roach is never leaving footprints.. not on the beach not in the snow. Not sure if this is something that was never implemented but still missing this detail!

Settings Ultra!

Top Bottom