No motorbikes in the traffic!

+
I made mistake, should be 0,1%, not 0,001%.
And large amount of motorbikes is subjective, 15 motorbikes parked around per city district is not "large amount" for me. I think it's even too high number for most of districts and we talking about map representing city populated by 2-3 milion people.
Like I said it's just surface level nitpicking. Nobody complains about lack of taxis or buses,they also are parked around.
NCPD scans are not most dynamic events, they are just filler for this open world, so placing some bikes here and there, or even cars you won't see driving around it's not really big deal.For examplesome of V cars are unique, you won't see same models of cars driving around citiy.

Basically you have to play game long enough (and not even long) to get rain. Nothing wrong with weather system. I've played yesteday, and it rained almost every night in game, so your statement is false. it rains too often for my taste.
That is not your main mistake. The main one is that you re not logical. The subject is about "why noone but V is riding a motorbike?". In Night City, you dont see people with bycyles, skateboards, rollerblades either. But this is not the subject. If I d wish to nitpick, neither I could have enough time to post all, nor you to read. There are few things one should never argue about this game. One of them is that the work has become sloppy. I m sure it didnt start that way. But it ended as it is right now; a giant bundle of bugs, glitches and a mindblowingly stupid AI. Well, you may call it "nitpicking", but I find it extremely disturbant when I see 5-6 motorbikes side by side, surrounded with some gang members, nearly all around the city (and definitely much much more than 15) and none of them, not a single one of them is ever riding a bike. Yes there are much deepers issues in this game. Bigger problems to solve. Hell! Some of the bugs are breaking the game, making it impossible to play. And they re still there even after the last patch. But in the frame of this thread/topic, I agree with people complaining. Eventhough you call it "nitpicking".

Sometimes I wonder how many things are actually in the game that people complain about constantly but is just sufficiently rare it never happens.

Someone already mentioned they found an NPC riding a motorcycle. I have never noticed it personally. The weather system is dynamic but it doesn't change often leading people to believe the weather never changes. It does. But it's just rare.

People complain your choices don't matter but after two playthroughs I notice subtle dialog changes and how some NPC's address you. People have posted on Reddit various screenshots of random quests having actual ramifications in game. From the guy in the Street Kid start ending up being disciplined by Padre and V being able to find his body out in the wild.

The game could do with "shoving it into your face more" like it does with the news reports. People make assumptions about this game's "lack of" really quickly while it actually might not be the case at all.

Basically you have to play game long enough (and not even long) to get rain. Nothing wrong with weather system. I've played yesteday, and it rained almost every night in game, so your statement is false. it rains too often for my taste.
Is playing the game for almost a year long enough? It rained about twice lol. Apart from the blade runner tears in the rain easter egg Maybe it's fixed now but before it wasn't. I still use the geoengineering mod as it makes the weather much more dynamic than the default weather. Bet you still haven't had toxic rain yet lol? But back to the main topic, traffic absolutely sucks in this game. From cars with no lights so you are driving around in pitch black unable to see properly, to being blinded through the retina when driving out of a tunnel to cars popping up in front or disappearing when driving towards you, to terrible car handling mechanics and probably the worst waypoint map system in gaming history. But apart from that and broken missions, yeah it has a good deep story.

Last edited:
IRL motorbikes are like 0,001% - 0,002% of traffic in big cities. it means, statistically 1-2 motorbikes for every 1000 cars. So I'm not sure how lack of motorbikes riding around breaking immersion is problem at all, because normally you see one per few days, or even weeks. IRL.

Yet there are bikes parked up everywhere, and some gangs like to "use" them. And when is say use, I mean they are parked up next to gangs.

There are so many bike, but no-one rides them .. that's the issue. Once you notice it, its hard to un-see it :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

Even if it could be cool to see bikes on the road in Night City...
In in a "normal" City (like Paris to quote a random city...), it's way more risky to drive a bike than a car (by a lot).
So in a City like Night City
- Where respecting the highway code is not necessarily the priority. I can't see the NCPD stopping you because you didn't respect a traffic light.
- Where you can get run over without anyone moving nor even that the implied driver stops... (as Tucker Albach in a GIG and Assault in progress).
- Not to mention the risk of taking a stray bullet on a street corner.
I think that for the average citizen, it's out of question to drive a bike... For gang members, maybe, I'm not convainced.

Or, they just aren't coded correctly/don't work well with the AI.

People like to find reasons, but the truth is, bikes are everywhere, yet no one is riding them, which is odd and a bit silly.

I bet my bottom dollar on the fact that CDPR could not get them to work correctly. Just look at how borked the standard traffic is/was :LOL:

People like to find reasons, but the truth is, bikes are everywhere, yet no one is riding them, which is odd and a bit silly.
The opposite is also true... People like to think that if something is not as they expected, it's because the game/CDPR are bad. I think rather than "silly", it's quite "funny" :)

Speaking of bike, I wonder if someone have ever see gang members or corpo guys (or whatever enemies) driving around in cars (that they also own). In my case, never...
Except in very few NCPD events where they drive only few meters from their spawn point to the event (Pacifica - Scavs/Aldecaldos, NorthOak - Tygers/Maelstromers, Rancho Corronado Arasaka/6th Street).

So maybe CDPR didn't ever plan to make gang members or corpo guys drive car, bike or whatever vehicle :)

I totally agree with that it is "silly" with all these MC gangs standing around but no one is riding any bikes, how do they get there in the first place teleportation :D
Perhaps the motorcycles the gangs are using aren't motorcycles after all. :giggle:

With regards to making them work. I suppose if you insert them in a slot which would be used for a car it would be 'easy enough'. But I bet it'll take less than 5 mimutes before someone is gonna complain about why they dont weave through traffic that needs to stop for traffic lights or other.

That is not your main mistake. The main one is that you re not logical. The subject is about "why noone but V is riding a motorbike?". In Night City, you dont see people with bycyles, skateboards, rollerblades either. But this is not the subject. If I d wish to nitpick, neither I could have enough time to post all, nor you to read. There are few things one should never argue about this game. One of them is that the work has become sloppy. I m sure it didnt start that way. But it ended as it is right now; a giant bundle of bugs, glitches and a mindblowingly stupid AI. Well, you may call it "nitpicking", but I find it extremely disturbant when I see 5-6 motorbikes side by side, surrounded with some gang members, nearly all around the city (and definitely much much more than 15) and none of them, not a single one of them is ever riding a bike. Yes there are much deepers issues in this game. Bigger problems to solve. Hell! Some of the bugs are breaking the game, making it impossible to play. And they re still there even after the last patch. But in the frame of this thread/topic, I agree with people complaining. Eventhough you call it "nitpicking".
Ofc it's nitpicking, surface level. This pretty much only rheorical, when you willingly or not willingly ignore things like:
1) gangs specific theme cars: Valentinos, Technomancers, Tyger Claws, 6th Street, Moxes,Wraiths etc. you don't see these cars as part of traffic, same with bikes owned by gangs.
2) theres only few "civilian" bikes in game, motorbikes are not huge part of traffic IRL, so any traffic when you will see ratio CARS:BIKES different than let's say from 1:1000 to 1:5000, will be less or more artifical feature, it would be ok and cool to add bikes to traffic, but seeing motrobike every minute could be immersion breaking, 1:1000 (like IRL) is already insignificant, that's why many people don't have problem with "no bikes in game!" (but based on one post and screenshot they are somwhere around, but really insignificant...just like IRL) or don't even notice it, because it's similar to RL.
3) making gangsters and their cars,bikes significant part of traffic, would make it very artificial, gangsters are not huge part of population of NC, theres few thousands of them, according to lore and NC population is 6 M according to Wiki ( so not 2-3 M as i previously said).
4) making gangsters doing crime around every corner in NC is already a little bit artificial, but it's nothing new in video games (in Fallouts majority of human population are Raiders, nobody complained , because it's part of entraininment to shoot them) no need to make their presence even more artificial, it will add nothing to game, only making it some kind of theme park.

Then again let's willingly ignore lack of taxis or buses in traffic (and they are bigger part of traffic IRL than motrobikes)...because you know most people can see difference between bikes and cars, " lack of taxis!!!" won't spoil their fun...

Same thing was with weather system. Weather system was perfectly fine before last patches. Rain was rare, sandstorm were rare, toxic rain was very rare, it made them very significant,special when they happened, plus it was logical part of worldbuilding. After last patches they added more rain, I think to show how surface reflections were enhanced. So it's raining not every night, but every two nights, even when whole area around NC is desert... for some reason NC is closer to London than to LA, right now. Plus some people whining "no rain in game!" still can't see it, lol!

I didn't mind lack of motorcycles riding on the streets much, but also wouldn't mind to have them just a little bit less rare ;) (haven't seen even a single one after 200+ hours of play). Just for a nice visual addition.
Gangers not riding on their bikes... well, they don't ride around town in their cars either. That's how it's designed in this game, they are stationary and waiting in fixed places (unfortunately, I would say, but that's what we got).
Rain is present in CP2077 for sure. Seen it multiple times without any mods. The weather transitions look sometimes amazing now, after recent patches. I don't mind it being a bit unfit for the geographical placement of Night City. It's a game.

I mean come on if they can't even get police to use their own police cars after gunning down the whole of Kabuki market getting gangs to use bikes is a pipe dream lol

Ofc it's nitpicking, surface level. This pretty much only rheorical, when you willingly or not willingly ignore things like:
1) gangs specific theme cars: Valentinos, Technomancers, Tyger Claws, 6th Street, Moxes,Wraiths etc. you don't see these cars as part of traffic, same with bikes owned by gangs.
2) theres only few "civilian" bikes in game, motorbikes are not huge part of traffic IRL, so any traffic when you will see ratio CARS:BIKES different than let's say from 1:1000 to 1:5000, will be less or more artifical feature, it would be ok and cool to add bikes to traffic, but seeing motrobike every minute could be immersion breaking, 1:1000 (like IRL) is already insignificant, that's why many people don't have problem with "no bikes in game!" (but based on one post and screenshot they are somwhere around, but really insignificant...just like IRL) or don't even notice it, because it's similar to RL.
3) making gangsters and their cars,bikes significant part of traffic, would make it very artificial, gangsters are not huge part of population of NC, theres few thousands of them, according to lore and NC population is 6 M according to Wiki ( so not 2-3 M as i previously said).
4) making gangsters doing crime around every corner in NC is already a little bit artificial, but it's nothing new in video games (in Fallouts majority of human population are Raiders, nobody complained , because it's part of entraininment to shoot them) no need to make their presence even more artificial, it will add nothing to game, only making it some kind of theme park.

Then again let's willingly ignore lack of taxis or buses in traffic (and they are bigger part of traffic IRL than motrobikes)...because you know most people can see difference between bikes and cars, " lack of taxis!!!" won't spoil their fun...

Same thing was with weather system. Weather system was perfectly fine before last patches. Rain was rare, sandstorm were rare, toxic rain was very rare, it made them very significant,special when they happened, plus it was logical part of worldbuilding. After last patches they added more rain, I think to show how surface reflections were enhanced. So it's raining not every night, but every two nights, even when whole area around NC is desert... for some reason NC is closer to London than to LA, right now. Plus some people whining "no rain in game!" still can't see it, lol!
No it is not a nitpicking. I am really surprised to see how you re not getting the fact that you re logically flawed from the start. Noone is willingly or unwillingly ignoring anything that you listed there. But the topic is NOT that. Topic is simple; "no motorbikes in traffic". You need to stay in the frame of the topic, otherwise your only option is to find or open a new topic fitting what you want to discuss here. When I open a topic like "hey, noone is cleaning their doorsteps anymore!", you can't come back to me like "you re nitpicking! People are not shoveling the snow, mowing their lawns, taking their garbages out in time either!" With this attitude, you can pretend that you refuted any argument. But it would only be pretending. This is why you re in a logical fallacy.
Also, logic dictates that regardless their percentage in RL or in the game universe, if there are bikes parking around, if there are riders just sitting or hanging around their bikes, players should atleast see a few of them riding around. If there is none, then the topic stands confirmed. Any other arguments you re bringing would be nothing but fallacies.

NPC's riding bikes here and there in traffic might be quite cool, as I don't recall seeing any during my three playthroughs.

Even more cool would be if we could sometimes, perhaps rarely but still, see few Animals gang members going on their choppers and few Tyger Claws going about on their choice of bikes, these things are part of their gang culture same way their favored cars are. Don't think I have ever seen Scavs riding anything else but Galena?

I saw comparison to busses and taxis and I don't know where that comes from. IIRC we can see 6th Street Battlecap stationary in two locations, easy to miss and once during Beast in Me. Busses, I don't think they appear but one depot at GIG available to V in City Center. With busses there's another factor, while adding them into traffic might add to suspension of disbelief, they also block quite a bit of visibility and not having them in traffic might be actually convenient to players who prefer driving instead of fast travel.

In general gatekeeping isn't constructive and doesn't build towards the best CP 2077 it can be.

Seeing bikes around would not break immersion at all..in Night City there the Tiger Claws and Animals have lots of bikes and members..to see them driving around on them would be great..its not that big of a map( city) and where I live we have biker gangs out riding all the time and I see bike everyday all day. Its not that people are crying about it..its we were told we were getting a living breathing city with dynamic weather and we got an empty boring city and some people never get rain..I luckily do on my ps5..but its still an empty shell of a city..not even close to real

Top Bottom