No one use Assassination..

+
No one use Assassination..

Actually,I think Assassination is really weak as a gold special crad.You can compare with other golden special cards...Lock and destroy..seems contradictory:Since it kills, why does it need a lock?If can be resurrected,what's the point of locking?As a faction gold special card,really weaker than Neutral gold cards.My suggestion is change Assassination to banish a card,In that case,It's worth as a gold faction special card.

It has a lock because when it first came out, Mork and Olgierd were running wild so it was put on there as a counter to them.

I agree that it should either be a banish effect, or rename it "assassin" and give it a small body. Either would make the card playable.

I think the card would be run more if it banished an unit instead. Locking an unit to the graveyard does almost nothing, only stops Olgierd and Morkvarg from resurrecting automatically from the graveyard.

Edit: I don't have the card, but after some thought, can it even target other golds? It doesn't specify on the card. If no, then it's even worse.

Last edited:
Yeah, agree with banish. It would be pretty good against Skellige and NR this way. But not sure for what else I would use it. Maybe add an effect of degrading a gold to silver. Or weak gold to half strength.

This card is a waste of gold slot. When you look at all the golds you have access to in Nilfgaard, why bother with such a weak card?

It should demote and destroy gold cards and banish non golds. Now that would be a game changer for me and I would consider crafting it for my Assassins and Spies deck.

As it is now, it's even less useful than most silver cards.

Last edited:
Hell no! Kill gold is a terrible Idea! You play Tibor 25 strength and give your opponent a bronze card. And after that you simply kill it....weak it by half. Thats okay. Take away 12 strength from a gold card is huge.

It was unplayed even in CB when it was just an epic. Now that it's a legendary there are zero reasons to craft or pick it over the rest of the card pool. It's simply too weak for the gold slot it requires.

I played it in closed beta and really like the card because unlike other damage dealing cards, it had no restrictions other than not being able to target gold cards. Now it is just bad. It's a real shame since the animation is so awesome.

Riven-Twain;n8723420 said:
Someone used Assassination against me just the other day. Most effective. I lost, of course.

There are so many non gold cards which can do exactly the same thing and as they are not golds, they can be reused with Decoy for example. So why bother?

In my nilfgaard deck for instance, I can use bonhart to do like 15 or 20 damage on one card or even better, use Letho + Dimeterium to reduce 4 cards into 1 strength. And Peter Saar can just be such a pain on a highly boosted card and he's only a silver.

Last edited:
PandaLin;n8721320 said:
Hell no! Kill gold is a terrible Idea! You play Tibor 25 strength and give your opponent a bronze card. And after that you simply kill it....weak it by half. Thats okay. Take away 12 strength from a gold card is huge.

u think its to strong and compare it with a OP Tibor lol.

Definitely hands down the worst NG gold and heavy contender for the worst gold card of all the game.

This card should have a body or much more utility attached to it.

Because its the worst gold in the game and does nothing remotely close to warranting a gold slot.

If you want to use Assassination, You might as well use Letho and get the banish effect.

Nyanko73;n8730620 said:
There are so many non gold cards which can do exactly the same thing and as they are not golds, they can be reused with Decoy for example. So why bother?

In my nilfgaard deck for instance, I can use bonhart to do like 15 or 20 damage on one card or even better, use Letho + Dimeterium to reduce 4 cards into 1 strength. And Peter Saar can just be such a pain on a highly boosted card and he's only a silver.

Letho says he strengthens, though, right? I don't think he boosts by the power he absorbs... Can his power really be reset to 1 by dimetirium bomb? =O

As for assassination.. If it were silver, I believe it'd be pretty good (even when silver slots are so contended in NG, an unconditional removal like that, well I'd certainly run it), but as a gold no way. NG just has too many amazing golds for this to ever see play in a high end deck, IMO. If it banished, yeah, maybe, but even then..

Skryba86;n8731020 said:
Letho says he strengthens, though, right? I don't think he boosts by the power he absorbs... Can his power really be reset to 1 by dimetirium bomb? =O

Generally the closed beta strat was to downgrade him and steal him with the plethora of spy-stealing options you had. Now I believe this is still viable but less so due to Ceallach being the only card that can spy-steal, although you can still make large boards susceptible to a single Scorch.

Well, the thing with assassination is that you 'only' negate the tempo created by your opponents strongest non-gold without creating any tempo for yourself. Considering the huge tempo swing that the gold powercreep nowadays creates, assassination will always remain a niche tech card (even if it could banish).

There are little possibilites to make the card viable:
1.) Add a strength value (1-3 would be enough already)
2.) Demote it to Silver (probably too good)
3.) Make it target golds --> CDPR made it clear that they dont want golds to be interfered with (something I disaggree on)
4.) Banish the target --> for this purpose you might prefer letho

To sum it up: Some cards are maybe not designed to be good. If all cards would be great, none would be great.

Last edited:
Justifying running gold card "Assassination"

For the Nilfgaard faction, I don't think anyone uses "Assassination". It has no strength value and cannot affect gold cards. Can someone justify running this card in a deck? Even some Silver cards feel like better options LOL. I think the premise of this card is great, I would use it if it affected golds but we can't "assassinate" legendaries in this universe.

It is a very very very underrated card, I would personally run it if I had it, but imagine how good it would be to kill tibor ebberbracht or unseen elder with it. Though almost all NG decks have a purpose for instance, reveal NG has dedicated legendaries they have to run leaving only really 2 flexi slots and therefore you'd have a tough choice between the great selection you have.

Not to mention the countless other legendaries that are core part of their strategy but ofcoarse less prevalent like triss: butterfly fog deck. List goes on really of great targets for that spell. One other thing I think of off the top of my head is that if these cards really bothered you, alternatively is running demeritium bomb and NG epics are not so clear cut so maybe better use of that comboed with scorch or geralt : igni or various other cards.

I'm also very new so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
It has some use like against a monster deck who is fat with power points from eating itself or against the resurrection cards like olgierd and morkvarg. Or fake ciri. But overall its a high gamble to waste a spot on it.

If only it worked on golds then this be a standard for my deck. Though if you got some dimeritium items on hand it can destory all.

Top Bottom