No performance improvment with 1.12....

+
No performance improvment with 1.12....

Hi,

So, i booted up my game yesterday, after 1.12 has been installed, to check in Novigrad and Oxenfurt if framerate still dips or not....
Well it's exactly the same has before.... Dips occurs in exactly the same areas as before...
Novigrad, lot of dips, certain areas like maket are running at 25fps, Oxenfurt is the same...
So, no this patch does not improve performace at all. In fact it remeains exactly the same... It's not perfect but it's playable... The real shame is for Xbox version, it was running perfectly fine before 1.10, so I hoped that 1.12 would improve the catastrophic performance, but no... It's still the same, where before 1.10 it was a near 30fps locked, we have now a beautiful 20/25fps....
I can't understand such decisions... CDPR do you really think that donwgrading framerate from 10fps is an improvment??
So, TW3 will never be as polished as i'd love, but at least on PS4 it's playable, on XBOX, you can forget about TW3, as simple as that!

To be fair, the changelog doesn't say anything about performance fixes concerning the main game. It's HOS related.

vladgiurgiubv

yep, no performance improvement (the same hiccups when running)

I guess, CDPR either doesn't care about the problem or they don't know how to fix it

Yes I comfirm that too, Novigrade lags still and there is an another big city in Blood & Wine DLC and that worries me. CDPR if those dips and lags get fixed we were happy as PS4 players. Please fix also the cutscenes stutters on close camera to faces, some cutscenes on sequences has still problems. Sometime the cutscenes starts lag or frame skip when dialog sound starts. Its like it streams something ın background.

It looks like there is an issue with looting item on a road. When I try to pick up something that mark with X laying on a road I see that there is something supposed to be but no Loot option available

Wow, framerate is really an obsession for you, so many months after the release !

For me, the framerate on PS4 in Novigrad is not perfect but it's ok. iI dont think it's "unplayable" ! I

The patch 1.10 improved the framerate significately. If you wants more improvements, go on PC. The perfect game doesn't exist.

yeah i think if youre console player framerate is good enough.. Consoles can do better,but i feel CDPR dont have the skill set to make it better. maybe the engine really doesnt fit the consoles that good.n im no expert, but having seen mgs5 and batman on the ps4. They just work a lot better ion ps4 than witcher. But witcher is still a better game :) Oh. Dont even get me started on the loading times! Just abysmal on this game! Maybe its hardware related dunno,but still. its pretty bad on other titles aswell.

vladgiurgiubv

yeah i think if youre console player framerate is good enough.. Consoles can do better,but i feel CDPR dont have the skill set to make it better. maybe the engine really doesnt fit the consoles that good.n im no expert, but having seen mgs5 and batman on the ps4. They just work a lot better ion ps4 than witcher. But witcher is still a better game :) Oh. Dont even get me started on the loading times! Just abysmal on this game! Maybe its hardware related dunno,but still. its pretty bad on other titles aswell.

well said... I pointed this out too, but they said mgs5 is not as complex as witcher 3 and that was their only argument...
CDPR has to ditch their engine and try something else :)
(or remake their own engine)

Top Bottom