No pre order bonuses please

+
I think it's safe to say that there wont be pre order bonuses.
CDPR said multiple times that you shouldn't pre order and that everyone get's the same stuff when they buy the game.

Also TW3 had free DLC (armor, haircuts, etc.) for everyone no matter when or where they bought the game.

Last edited:
I actually don't mind physical stuff as a pre-order bonus. Something in the line of a shirt or poster, just something minor. What I hate in games though is game content and yes a skin or gun counts, I don't want to be excluded just because I might not pre-order but buy it physical or wait a month because no money or to wait what the press says. I want a full game, no matter where and when I buy a game.

Last edited:
Pre-order bonuses is cancer.
Not the way I'd put it, but yeah, pre-orders are a really, really bad idea. Once the company has your money, there's no incentive for them to do better. I'm not saying CD Projekt Red will go there, but it is a wide road that many others have taken.

I actually don't mind physical stuff as a pre-order bonus. Something in the line of a shirt or poster, just something minor. What I hate in games though is game content and yes a skin or gun counts, I don't want to be excluded just because I might not pre-order but buy it physical or wait a month because no money or to wait what the press says. I want a full game, no matter where and when I buy a game.
physical things are fine I'm talking about stuff like extra missions, skins for weapons, exclusive clothes....and worst of all...exclusive cyberware

Last edited:
physical things are fine I'm talking about stuff like extra missions, skins for weapons, exclusive clothes....and worst of all...exclusive cyberware

Yep I thought though and I am completely with you there, that's really, really awful.

I completely agree and judging by CDPR's past practices it's likely there won't be any. Fingers crossed!

I doubt there will be exclusive content for pre-orders, but if The Witcher 3 is anything to go by, pre-ordering will be cheaper than buying the game right after release, so there is still an incentive to pre-order.

I doubt there will be exclusive content for pre-orders, but if The Witcher 3 is anything to go by, pre-ordering will be cheaper than buying the game right after release, so there is still an incentive to pre-order.
That's fine in my book

Yep I thought though and I am completely with you there, that's really, really awful.

Or the newest trend, early access to the game... Looking at you Hitman! (even though that's part of the gold edition only but it sucks anyway) ¬¬

Last edited:
I tend to avoid EA (sorry, early access, but yeah the other one too) for two reasons. 1) As with pre-orders, once the developer has your money there's a lot less of an incentive to finish the product. And 2) you can play the game to the point whereby you feel like you've had enough. You can simply end up with memories of a buggy and unfinished product and have no desire to go back and play it again upon release.

I don't mind it. It's about the least harmful anti-consumer practice out there. But I understand the slippery slope, so I'm not saying I want it, either. Just don't care either way.

I can understand discount, though. But, again, it's still a part of ill practice of pre-ordering stuff.

Top Bottom