No Subway in Cyberpunk 2077

+

What is your reaction to this news?

• Happy about the removal of subways and trains

• Indifferent about the removal of subways and trains

• Disapointed about the removal of subways and trains

Results are only viewable after voting.
Eh, I do think it sucks it's not in the game. I saw it in the trailer so I did expect it, seems normal to me. I see a bit of back and forth about comparing it to other things in life like the whole car towing a boat but you don't get the boat too. I get that, but this is a video game, it's not "obvious" that certain features don't exist, if I see it, I'll probably expect it.

I enjoyed driving a train back and forth for no reason at all in GTA San Andreas. They also even had a mission that included the train. I think it would have been cool to see a whole underground thing going on in CP2077.

I also don't know or see a lot of subways because they don't have them where I live, so it's really cool to me in general. Hoping they add it later.
I know right?

I also wanted to steal multiple cars and drive them down the stairs and pile them in a giant pile in the subway tunnel and see if the train gets stuck or smashes all the cars into a pressed cube of metal haha. So many possibilities. I would also put a car in front of the train inside the tunnel, then I would get inside the train and get in the conductor seat and watch the train push the car along in front like the train is pushing a shopping cart going to buy some subway groceries or something haha.

I know right?

I also wanted to steal multiple cars and drive them down the stairs and pile them in a giant pile in the subway tunnel and see if the train gets stuck or smashes all the cars into a pressed cube of metal haha. So many possibilities. I would also put a car in front of the train inside the tunnel, then I would get inside the train and get in the conductor seat and watch the train push the car along in front like the train is pushing a shopping cart going to buy some subway groceries or something haha.

Some of the funnest stuff honestly.
Story is cool and all but I want to do all the fun chaotic stuff people do in games like GTA as well, I mean I find a way to do it in RPGs too so why not?
Really really hope to see a train (and that they add car customization because I just learned today no trains and no personalized cars). So, I await, DLC.

Story is cool and all but I want to do all the fun chaotic stuff people do in games like GTA as well, I mean I find a way to do it in RPGs too so why not?
i'm sure there will be plenty of mayhem to be made. as much as they're qa'ing, i'm sure there is emergent gameplay and chaos they haven't accounted for.

i'm sure there will be plenty of mayhem to be made. as much as they're qa'ing, i'm sure there is emergent gameplay and chaos they haven't accounted for.
I can't wait to find all kinds of ways to do the most wild things in Cyberpunk2077, just to see if it's possible, and watch the funny results! :p

To some people here please, if you could make your big texts breathe (edit : space your big chunks of text into smaller ones) so I could read them, that would be wonderful :whistle:
(or breathtaking, pun intended)
(just like you) :howdy:

Last edited:
WTF CDPR?
I should be able to take the subway and just get on the train and ride like a passenger.
This is a big city and the metro should be an integral part of it

BREATHING (I honestly don't know what you mean sorry)

Ah, bad translation : I think the right word was "break up the text" , or "space the text"... [--> edited]
Post automatically merged:

Also, I had to make this unrelated picture with Cyberpunk 77 and a "subway"...
no subway.jpg

Last edited:
According to the Gamestar article you will be able to activate fast travel at the subway stations, but you won't see the journey.
I'm not too huge of a fan on limited fast travel since it's supposed to be just skipping the journey of the PC. In my mind it doesn't make sense that I need to go to a special sign or location to do so, since why can't I just skip that point of the journey as well?

Not a game breaker, just annoying. I'd much prefer fast travel like Bethesda's, but with an overworld and potential to have an interrupted journey (since it makes more sense from a roleplay perspective).

I'm a bit indifferent towards this because while it would have been cool to ride on them, possibly interact with others on the train and it was advertised quite a bit. But, I feel it would have been a needless way to fast travel when there are other options to do that and it might have been a little much for CDPR to handle.

According to the Gamestar article you will be able to activate fast travel at the subway stations, but you won't see the journey.

I like the concept of using subway stations as fast travel points, it’s a good compromise between easy access to key locations and exploration incentivising, like in The Witcher 3. Plus, I imagine that for places with no subway stations there’s probably some “signpost” system as well (e.g. bus or gas stations on the Badlands).

Too bad they couldn’t implement subway/elevated cart rides when not on fast travel mode, though. Not that I would’ve used them on a regular basis, I prefer either walking (to take in the sights at my own pace) or using a vehicle (for moving around when not feeling like using fast travel), but it would’ve been a nice feature nonetheless.

very disapointed, they were making an illusion that nightcity is an immersive and realistic world like rdr2, turn out it's not.

Top Bottom