No Subway in Cyberpunk 2077

+

What is your reaction to this news?

• Happy about the removal of subways and trains

• Indifferent about the removal of subways and trains

• Disapointed about the removal of subways and trains

Results are only viewable after voting.
very disapointed, they were making an illusion that nightcity is an immersive and realistic world like rdr2, turn out it's not.

Night City is huge city in AAA game like we have never seen before. Going with very high speed throughout the city in real time would create some loading/fluidity problems in my view. This is not only trees and empty plains but huge skyscrapers filled with lights, commercials/holograms, activities - because they are open. Even when you drive with your car on a desert there are some problems with popping out textures/objects, now imagine going not with car on planned streets so you allow gentler loading but with high speed and crossing through different districts filled with plenty of objects. And keep in mind that objects/textures were popping out on desert while running on very strong PC build so I guess that average PC users and console users would not experience fluid subway/metro and even strong PC's would have problems. So that function should be sacrificed for the sake of something else.

I am actually quite disapointed. As stated before, it was the very first thing we saw of the game in 2018. And to be honnest it got me pretty hooked up: "Oh, an action-RPG game with a coherent, dense and fully interactive subway network? How novel and immersive! Let's have a closer look..."

Don't get me wrong, I am still pretty hyped and still plan on buying the game, but I remain desapointed. I like to be able to not instantly travel while looking around and not interracting with anything. Letting myself be hauled...

I actually tried a playthrough of GTA IV where I forced myself not to steal any car and rely exclusively on public transportation (taxis + subway), unless the mission forced me otherwise. It was horridly counterintuitive for a GTA but... also supprisingly pleasant! It felt peaceful, I walked and waited, and oh my this world is so much detailed! Seriously I discovered so many store names, places, silly ads, peds conversations and many thing I never ever had even a glimpse before, always rushing through the streets of Liberty. And it made action packed sequences stand out much more, and therefore much more enjoyable.

Anyway, it was a play style I was thrilled to try in Cyberpunk 2077... So bad I wont.

But maybe we could think of somewhat of a compromise: CDPR, let us go to the station (maybe even the platform), "board" the train (we click on something or whatever) and it shows the subway map, we select the station we want to go to while it draws us a nice highlighted route, we pay $2 or something, and poof here we are on the platform of whatever station we wanted to go! A bit like True Crime NYC (but much much better handled :D).

And please do not have us discover the station beforehand. It really makes no sense lorewise for a subway-based fast travel system ... Or at least have some lines or stations under refurbishment until a certain point in the game if gameplay wise you do not want the player to go there instantly.

I am actually quite disapointed. As stated before, it was the very first thing we saw of the game in 2018. And to be honnest it got me pretty hooked up: "Oh, an action-RPG game with a coherent, dense and fully interactive subway network? How novel and immersive! Let's have a closer look..."

Don't get me wrong, I am still pretty hyped and still plan on buying the game, but I remain desapointed. I like to be able to not instantly travel while looking around and not interracting with anything. Letting myself be hauled...

I actually tried a playthrough of GTA IV where I forced myself not to steal any car and rely exclusively on public transportation (taxis + subway), unless the mission forced me otherwise. It was horridly counterintuitive for a GTA but... also supprisingly pleasant! It felt peaceful, I walked and waited, and oh my this world is so much detailed! Seriously I discovered so many store names, places, silly ads, peds conversations and many thing I never ever had even a glimpse before, always rushing through the streets of Liberty. And it made action packed sequences stand out much more, and therefore much more enjoyable.

Anyway, it was a play style I was thrilled to try in Cyberpunk 2077... So bad I wont.

But maybe we could think of somewhat of a compromise: CDPR, let us go to the station (maybe even the platform), "board" the train (we click on something or whatever) and it shows the subway map, we select the station we want to go to while it draws us a nice highlighted route, we pay $2 or something, and poof here we are on the platform of whatever station we wanted to go! A bit like True Crime NYC (but much much better handled :D).

And please do not have us discover the station beforehand. It really makes no sense lorewise for a subway-based fast travel system ... Or at least have some lines or stations under refurbishment until a certain point in the game if gameplay wise you do not want the player to go there instantly.

I forgot that GTA also had trains, I referred earlier to just San Andreas. I really enjoyed the trains in both. I was thinking I'd want to walk around Night City more than drive, so I could have a mixture of subways + walking. I never thought about relying on it for missions as well, that would have been so fun to try out in CP 2077. Though we won't able to (perhaps one day) I actually like this idea and want to try it on either GTA that has trains now.

This is extremely disappointing. Not only did they show the video of V on the subway and a picture that looked awesome and promising. As a person who lives in NYC the subway is such a large part of the identity of the city. The craziness the hustle and the bustle in a subway are unparalleled. Whenever I visit a major city, one of the first things I do is visit the subway. Mass transit is how most people in the city get around, taking that out is keeping you from experiencing what most people experience on a daily basis. I'm still going to play this game but this makes me really sad.

Now, I haven't read or heard what plans they had for subways, but here's my thought.
If they had plans for interacting, stories, random encounters, or activities to do on the train to even walk around them (the cinematic trailer doesn't count) then yea, very disappointed and sadden we lost all that potential content.

However, if the subway was only planned to be a fast travel device with very little interaction other than walking on a train and appearing at another place. Then not much was really lost in that case. I mean sure, it would have been nice to see something like RDR2's trains in Cyberpunk, but if there wasn't much else to it, then it makes sense to save time and cut it out.

Besides, if the game does really well, maybe they might re-add cut content to the game after release. Just wishful thinking on my part.

If CDPR devs actualy reading this i want to remind you in E3 2018 trailer literaly first thing you see about this game is METRO MAP. Then character stand up and moving trought other npcs to window until they out of tunel and you see Night city for the first time.
Whole hype about this game started here when you been in metro and legendary words "In 2077 they voted my city the worst place in america" created hype.

Now there this whole part will not be in game. This is very dangerous because many players see this as misleding and it will be first thing people will be criticise. Media parasites will be instant exploiting that.

That sequence looked like a cutscene through and through. I am not surprised if it isn't in game the way it appeared there.

This E3 2018 trailer is what players expecting from game, if this is only cinematics then prepare for big damage control. Don't forget what happened with the last of us 2, They put Joel in trailer and everyone expected to see him, later was discovered they switched characters (because of leaks) and players was insanely mad. They saw this as full betrayal, Sony was on full damage control dmca everything and 10/10 rating reviews by push from Sony PR and now players starting to boycott upcoming ps5 and other sony products (it is minority but still lot of money in general) because of this.
We can have constructive discussion on forums but on internet in general is a mob of players expecting "THEIR" vision and if there is small misunderstanding they go mad and use every chance to spread hate. Youtubers (self called critics, judges and executioners) use this to fuel the 10min+ videos for monetization. Solid youtubers will understand but hate something is much easier/cool and damage will be done.

I see there is two scenarios:
1) They go with no subway and praise gaming gods that players will be so excited about whole game so they dont see it as problem and that few haters will don't have enough power to make it a big deal.

2) They go public and admit there will be no subway because it will be another long delay (to perfect it) and they make it later as part of free DLC (with some joke missions as reward - i mean parody from Speed 2: Cruise Control, etc. ) but they risk they do not fulfil "release when it is ready"

ps: problem with quotes, so i put this as standalone comment

I see there is two scenarios:
1) They go with no subway and praise gaming gods that players will be so excited about whole game so they dont see it as problem and that few haters will don't have enough power to make it a big deal.

2) They go public and admit there will be no subway because it will be another long delay (to perfect it) and they make it later as part of free DLC (with some joke missions as reward - i mean parody from Speed 2: Cruise Control, etc. ) but they risk they do not fulfil "release when it is ready"

Scenario three:
3) They delay the game until they can successfully implement a working subway.

Or (worst case scenario):
4) They realize that paying off metacritic reviewers and threatening them with DCMA takedowns is a much easier than actually making a great game, so they stop caring about subways and focus on that instead. Then also continue to spam metacritic user reviews and take negative reviews down until the average score isn't so bad.

You can only delay a game so many times until it becomes pointless. November is the perfect drop date as it gives them time to optimize the game and fix bugs, while also lessening the burden (I hope) on the developers to avoid terrible working conditions. It's around the time for the next gen consoles too which is great for a cross-gen game.

I think if they delay it beyond 2020, then they're looking at the problem of the game having been developed throughout the current gens lifespan with current gen in mind, but released in a time where next gen games are being made.

I'd rather they release what they have (it'll be a great game) in November if it's up to snuff and then take the experience, knowledge and tech improvements gained from Cyberpunk 2077 to their next game. I'm sure people will be begging for a Cyberpunk sequel in the future.

Why?? did cdprrrrrrrrr told us that??
what about the pre-orders?? are we still getting the game that was promised?

But now we can teleport on the map same as W3 without loading screen??
yeah.. sure.. if there is no loading screen we will see headless people walking around for at least 30 sec (if you do not have a SSD)
How is that good for a RPG??

-- see the 48min game footage, there are multiple headless people walking around when V exits a building (metro station?)

Post automatically merged:

You can only delay a game so many times until it becomes pointless. November is the perfect drop date as it gives them time to optimize the game and fix bugs, while also lessening the burden (I hope) on the developers to avoid terrible working conditions. It's around the time for the next gen consoles too which is great for a cross-gen game.

I think if they delay it beyond 2020, then they're looking at the problem of the game having been developed throughout the current gens lifespan with current gen in mind, but released in a time where next gen games are being made.

I'd rather they release what they have (it'll be a great game) in November if it's up to snuff and then take the experience, knowledge and tech improvements gained from Cyberpunk 2077 to their next game. I'm sure people will be begging for a Cyberpunk sequel in the future.
CDPR is listed on the stock exchange.. they need to do it in 2020.. or they will 'die' (in the books)

Scenario three:
3) They delay the game until they can successfully implement a working subway.

Or (worst case scenario):
4) They realize that paying off metacritic reviewers and threatening them with DCMA takedowns is a much easier than actually making a great game, so they stop caring about subways and focus on that instead. Then also continue to spam metacritic user reviews and take negative reviews down until the average score isn't so bad.
wtf are you talking about?

give us source or delete your post..

Last edited:
I’m actually somewhat disappointed with this. While ok it might not be massive. From recent material it seemed so important in the initial bunch of trailers and clips. I was hoping to converge with people on the subway or stations. Ahhh man, I hope maybe they’ll give us this in a DLC. Please CDPR.

I am VERY disappointed! Because I would love a fully immersive CB world.. also the factor with fast travel points instead sucks. Because it takes away the immersion. After playing Black Desert Online, at first I was wondering why no fast travel points? Then it strucked me that this is so much greater than everyother MMO games I've played because you can't instra-travel. You can however just automate your horse (or on foot) to the location you want to travel if you desire not to press the keyboard/controller to that location. Since CB2077 is a futuristic city and have public transportation, a ride with the subway would've been very cool. I do enjoy subways, skytrains, trams for travelling within cities just because you get around pretty effectively and to have something like that in a game would've been awesome. The subway map of Night City was pretty complex, like a real city. The closest thing to this was in GTA IV and Liberty City's subway, but that was only two lines that goes on an opposite circular route. Night City subway would've beaten that big time.

I am VERY disappointed! Because I would love a fully immersive CB world.. also the factor with fast travel points instead sucks. Because it takes away the immersion. After playing Black Desert Online, at first I was wondering why no fast travel points? Then it strucked me that this is so much greater than everyother MMO games I've played because you can't instra-travel. You can however just automate your horse (or on foot) to the location you want to travel if you desire not to press the keyboard/controller to that location. Since CB2077 is a futuristic city and have public transportation, a ride with the subway would've been very cool. I do enjoy subways, skytrains, trams for travelling within cities just because you get around pretty effectively and to have something like that in a game would've been awesome. The subway map of Night City was pretty complex, like a real city. The closest thing to this was in GTA IV and Liberty City's subway, but that was only two lines that goes on an opposite circular route. Night City subway would've beaten that big time.
Welcome to the future!
But plz tell me. Why 'CB2077' and not 'CP2077'? Is it a translation thing?

This is the only feature cut that surprised me, like we had that entire metro map since 2018 show up multiple times even during promos.
No rideable trains is like whatever, but for the whole city to just not HAVE a subway now is kinda weird ngl.
I guess its just too much work and they decided to use that elsewhere, still surprising.

Last edited:
Okay, so I found out subways were never a thing. We, the players, just assumed there were subways and the article was miss translated.

found this out here.

Top Bottom