No Subway in Cyberpunk 2077

+

What is your reaction to this news?

• Happy about the removal of subways and trains

• Indifferent about the removal of subways and trains

• Disapointed about the removal of subways and trains

Results are only viewable after voting.
“They used trains in the advertising” Yes because I’m sure there were a massive amount of consumers that thought “Oh hey they have a train?! Preorder!” That’s like being upset because your new pickup doesn’t come with the boat it’s hauling in the commercial.

“They used trains in the advertising” Yes because I’m sure there were a massive amount of consumers that thought “Oh hey they have a train?! Preorder!” That’s like being upset because your new pickup doesn’t come with the boat it’s hauling in the commercial.
Sorry, but that's just not correct. The expectation of subway travel has been widespread based on marketing materials, and CDPR has done nothing to dissuade that expectation. For instance, this very active thread right here on these forums:

Sorry, but that's just not correct. The expectation of subway travel has been widespread based on marketing materials, and CDPR has done nothing to dissuade that expectation. For instance, this very active thread right here on these forums:

It is their job to make the game not to dessuade anything. If people turned SPECULATION into expectation then that is their own fault.

It is their job to make the game not to dessuade anything. If people turned SPECULATION into expectation then that is their own fault.

It not like only speculation things which disappeared.
Not for nothing that my two rules are:
-Always understand things in the worst possible way.
-Even if something is confirmed it may still not be in the game. (A new one coming from the Techie gameplay).

Last edited:

They already said we can't pilot AV, just mentioning that you can't take the metro, but instead it acts like fast travel, doesn't hurt.

Btw, I won't blame them, that's quite useless as it, we have a car, I'd rather have them work so it drive good rather than wasting time on a metro you'll use once or twice like a tourist.

They already said we can't pilot AV, just mentioning that you can't take the metro, but instead it acts like fast travel, doesn't hurt.

Btw, I won't blame them, that's quite useless as it, we have a car, I'd rather have them work so it drive good rather than wasting time on a metro you'll use once or twice like a tourist.

Actually Metro isn't like Fast Travel, as for Fast Travel you must already have gone there once.

Last edited:
For instance, this very active thread right here on these forums:

As a active poster in that particular thread, I can tell you that it is about the size of Night City and it's districts, not it's public transit system.

Guest 4406876

It's mostly because of what it means in terms of gameplay to have a working city and the situations it may offer not the train per se, subways inlcuded. I guess Cyberpunk isn't the case then. When I read open world RPG and you see all these fancy videos with stuff you get a picture of what it's pointing in terms of gameplay, besides a cinematic heavy game that offer almost nothing outside of said cinematics. Still unconfirmed tho, we need to wait and play it for ourselves to see what actually is or isn't Cyberpunk 2077. I just hope it'll take a step forward in terms of GAMEPLAY, because everybody enjoy a good story yes, but a videogame needs good gameplay, and and RPG needs a sort of freedom and detail surrounding that freedom that doesn't make you push thru areas in order to start the new quest because everything else is just there for fancy screen but not working at all making the player feel absolute boredom. Or else just watch a good movie , it's better aat least you don't have boring empty moments. Honestly i don't care at all to have 2000 endings if the world is empty outside quests and filled with manequins that do nothing, or a world I can't interact with outside of pre programmed quests. And yes the hamburgher thing while doing a quest is from the jurassik era, even sleeping dogs let you have food during quests and actually eat it, still waiting for a real decent open world feature that isn't a cinematic outcome. So far they advertised nothing about open world, just pre scripted quests that you could tackle in different ways, that's cool, but that's not gameplay, it's outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
development since 2012, if not earlier, and they still do not have time and the content is cut out somehow hackneyedly then there were so many promises to give?

Legitimately I am always disappointed when the car I buy doesn't come with the beautiful woman that was sitting on the hood and moving her arms like "Ohh look at this car, it's a nice car huh? You should buy this car..."
Jokes aside, I was actually really excited for the trains in Cyberpunk2077. I wanted to drive my car onto the tracks and drive really fast and avoid getting run over by the train in my car, and I was also very excited to test how the game would handle parking a very long car at an intersection where two trains pass each other by. I wanted to see what would happen if the trains (usually unstoppable forces in video games) met an immovable object, or an object trapped between two unstoppable forces, and see if I could derail the trains, or get my car to get chopped in half, or just see if the game crashes, OR, if the game glitches out and sends my car LAUNCHED INTO SPACE.

I also wanted to ride the train and bother the NPC's and see how many I could get trying to chase me through the train cars and beat me up, and maybe see what would happen if I put an object in the trains closing doors, if it would close and get stuck or if the train would be late, and get crashed from behind by another train, or if the object sticking out the doors would collide with the tunnel wall and make it impossible for the train to continue and get stuck.

I also wanted to relax and let the train go it's full rout around the entire night city, and relax and eat some soup and bread while the train showed me the entire game area (well mostly)

I also wanted to see what would happen if I drove a motorcycle into the train doors and drive around inside the train car
Post automatically merged:

That one person who voted they're happy. Why do you hate trains so?
They probably don't like sonic the hedge hog either. I will never understand people who don't like trains and sonic! :cry:

Would love a subway system. But looking at GTA which has a simple one. No one ever uses it. When you have a car, you drive. For most players the subway would probably only be used if a quest dictates it.
They could make lots of cool quests about it. Like someone is a spy, and hiding on the train but you don't know who it is, or maybe some bad guys are chasing your train with their cars on the track inside the tunnel and you have to shoot out from the train window to save yourself from them getting on the train, like a boss fight or something.

would be cool :)

It's not that important, but it's summing up with all the other small things that I'm not enthusiast about (and a couple of big things I really dislike).
Also, the fact you can see them moving in the game (as confirmed by journalists) and not being able to interact is quite weird.
To be honest, and this will be unpopular, I'm starting to hope they'll delay it to early/mid 2020 and add the stuff they have removed. I mean, playing it on current gen consoles seems to be not a very smart move while theorically next gen will be able to run it properly.
It feels like going to disney world and looking up and watching a really cool ride but then your parents tell you that you're not allowed to go on that ride.

If CDPR devs actualy reading this i want to remind you in E3 2018 trailer literaly first thing you see about this game is METRO MAP. Then character stand up and moving trought other npcs to window until they out of tunel and you see Night city for the first time.
Whole hype about this game started here when you been in metro and legendary words "In 2077 they voted my city the worst place in america" created hype.

Now there this whole part will not be in game. This is very dangerous because many players see this as misleding and it will be first thing people will be criticise. Media parasites will be instant exploiting that.

Dont get me wrong i do not need subway and fully understand you need using resources elswhere BUT you used is as promote and in that case it SHOULD be in game. You made that decision in 2018 and i you must fulfil expectatios made by it.

tl:dr - Removing subway will be considered treachery and media go mad

Trailer reminder:
Wow. "The city always has a promise for you, it might be a lie, an illusion, but it's there, just around the corner, and it keeps you going"
that kicked me right in the feels. no trains. no car customization. I just hope for DLC named "Redemption" and I would gladly wait an extra year or two if they want to delay it some more. I know perfection can not be rushed. Taking it before it's done is like eating a frozen pizza, still frozen.
1593471789288.png

Every single game is the same on every platform.
1593472348890.png

It not like only speculation things disappeared.
Not for nothing that my two rules are:
-Always understand things in the worst possible way.
-Even if something is confirmed it may still not be in the game. (A new one coming from the Techie gameplay).
I can not lower my standards. I refuse. It is something I can never do. Many want us to believe we ask too much, but it's really not too much. Just my honest opinion.

Last edited:
As a active poster in that particular thread, I can tell you that it is about the size of Night City and it's districts, not it's public transit system.
It isn't, but the Metro map is a commonly referenced asset in the thread, and was one of several tools used to try to get a sense of the scale of the city. I cited it only as an example of the fact that marketing materials, such as the metro map, have been widely used and assumed to have some sort of relevance to the game. Would you like other references where a clear, publicly stated assumption was being made based on the marketing materials? Here are a few.

(never mind that silly picture of a man riding the train in the photo)

I'll stop there. No, you are correct. Although they all referenced a functional subway system, not a single one has a definitive comment from CDPR stating that a functional subway would be in the game. But clearly the expectation was widely assumed, and CDPR had to know it. They could have clarified well over a year ago, with something to the effect of "hey, about that Metro map and the wallpaper where we had the character riding the train ....".

It isn't, but the Metro map is a commonly referenced asset in the thread, and was one of several tools used to try to get a sense of the scale of the city. I cited it only as an example of the fact that marketing materials, such as the metro map, have been widely used and assumed to have some sort of relevance to the game. Would you like other references where a clear, publicly stated assumption was being made based on the marketing materials? Here are a few.

(never mind that silly picture of a man riding the train in the photo)

I'll stop there. No, you are correct. Although they all referenced a functional subway system, not a single one has a definitive comment from CDPR stating that a functional subway would be in the game. But clearly the expectation was widely assumed, and CDPR had to know it. They could have clarified well over a year ago, with something to the effect of "hey, about that Metro map and the wallpaper where we had the character riding the train ....".
It all comes back to the fact that they don’t have to correct people’s Speculation, it’s not their job to. If people went and turned their own fabricated speculation into expectations it is 110% their own fault.

It all comes back to the fact that they don’t have to correct people’s Speculation, it’s not their job to. If people went and turned their own fabricated speculation into expectations it is 110% their own fault.
But didn't they show trains, and show V on a train at a pretty good amount of different points throughout the whole set of things they have shown the public? And didn't that one guy that works at CDPR supposedly say car customization was in, or was that quote (posted somewhere else in this thread or the car customization dropped thread) 100% made up?

I mean, it's like "Hey kid wanna go to the candy store and watch how all the other kids get to buy and eat candy?" and you're just forced to watch or hear about the potential of all this stuff you can never have. That's how this all makes me feel. I feel, for the lack of a better word, fooled.

But didn't they show trains, and show V on a train at a pretty good amount of different points throughout the whole set of things they have shown the public? And didn't that one guy that works at CDPR supposedly say car customization was in, or was that quote (posted somewhere else in this thread or the car customization dropped thread) 100% made up?

I mean, it's like "Hey kid wanna go to the candy store and watch how all the other kids get to buy and eat candy?" and you're just forced to watch or hear about the potential of all this stuff you can never have. That's how this all makes me feel. I feel, for the lack of a better word, fooled.
No it’s more like “Hey kid wanna go to the Candy store and buy some Candy?” And the kid responds “sure but I’m really upset that I don’t get a pretty bag to carry them in, cant you give me a pretty bag? Don’t you know that other store give pretty bags? It’s not impossible! Seriously give me a pretty bag now!”
That kid analogy was pretty spot on btw with all the over reactions I’m seeing.

No it’s more like “Hey kid wanna go to the Candy store and buy some Candy?” And the kid responds “sure but I’m really upset that I don’t get a pretty bag to carry them in, cant you give me a pretty bag? Don’t you know that other store give pretty bags? It’s not impossible! Seriously give me a pretty bag now!”
That kid analogy was pretty spot on btw with all the over reactions I’m seeing.
That's not fair at all considering what we were shown of trains. If it's never going to be in the game, it should never be shown honestly. Why torture people with false hope?

They already had to delay the game twice and are crunched for time on bug fixes, if they tried to add everything we (and they I’m sure) want then the game won’t come out til 2022/2023
emphasis is mine. i feel like people forget this. that they want(ed) features they may have had to drop. and they're sad about it too.
and something that was mentioned the first time they showed us gameplay in the E3 2018 48 minute demo which people have forgotten at this point: "the gameplay you're about to see is from a work in progress version of the game. everything you see is potentially subject to change" which has a header on all the gameplay videos and yes, it does cover whatever they chose not to show us as well (like car customisation). so if in 201X they realise, 'can't have rideable trains/car customisation/gentital piercings/or whatever else' then it's entirely within their capacity to delete it without further justification because they said up front it ain't final, so it could be dropped by the time we release it.

It is their job to make the game not to [dissuade] anything. If people turned SPECULATION into expectation then that is their own fault.
true. and as much as they have a responsibility to engage with the community (and have people specifically to do that), they're probably like...busy? making the thing we all want to play? and preparing other communications that they have determined are more important?

Actually Metro isn't like Fast Travel, as for Fast Travel you must already have gone there once.
i would love to finally be able to use a Metro in a game without having to visit the place first! it's so annoying >.< as if in V's whole 23 year life (they were born in 2054 as per the E3 2018 demo) they haven't used the f*ckin Metro (there may a lore reason for this but like, c'mon), or don't know how to use the Metro to travel somewhere they haven't been yet? to not just use the Metro as Fast Travel, but just...as a Metro. what a novel idea :p

Last edited:
Eh, I do think it sucks it's not in the game. I saw it in the trailer so I did expect it, seems normal to me. I see a bit of back and forth about comparing it to other things in life like the whole car towing a boat but you don't get the boat too. I get that, but this is a video game, it's not "obvious" that certain features don't exist, if I see it, I'll probably expect it.

I enjoyed driving a train back and forth for no reason at all in GTA San Andreas. They also even had a mission that included the train. I think it would have been cool to see a whole underground thing going on in CP2077.

I also don't know or see a lot of subways because they don't have them where I live, so it's really cool to me in general. Hoping they add it later.

Top Bottom