No Subway in Cyberpunk 2077

+

What is your reaction to this news?

• Happy about the removal of subways and trains

• Indifferent about the removal of subways and trains

• Disapointed about the removal of subways and trains

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now in my wildest dreams, they will release a dlc/expansion pack called "The Underbelly of Night City," where they add an entire underground map to Night City, with a questline connected to a secret gang operating underground (literally and figuratively), probably some Cyberpunk version of a Guy Fawkes plot, and with that expansion also adds a full subway/public transport system to the game. I'd pay for that.

Now in my wildest dreams, they will release a dlc/expansion pack called "The Underbelly of Night City," where they add an entire underground map to Night City, with a questline connected to a secret gang operating underground (literally and figuratively), probably some Cyberpunk version of a Guy Fawkes plot, and with that expansion also adds a full subway/public transport system to the game. I'd pay for that.

Yea, then they add a cyber vampire gang in the underground map as a reference to vampire the masquerade. It doesn't have to be a big group even just a small group of cybernetic vampires. Then, there is another gang, a gang mostly made up of homeless people. You don't see many homeless gangs in video games or in media. Well, most of the homeless find the underground safer and make their own city run by the homeless. Idk, homeless people sound a likely group of people that live in a underground map.

Anyways, not having a subway system in a city sounds crazy. Every city has a subway system. I hope they have at least a public transport system in place. Actually, they could use this to their advantage. Because every big city has a subway system, they could make a new lore that explain why the subway system closed. Like what the above poster said they could make an underground map because of it and it becomes a hidden district.

Yea, then they add a cyber vampire gang in the underground map as a reference to vampire the masquerade. It doesn't have to be a big group even just a small group of cybernetic vampires. Then, there is another gang, a gang mostly made up of homeless people. You don't see many homeless gangs in video games or in media. Well, most of the homeless find the underground safer and make their own city run by the homeless. Idk, homeless people sound a likely group of people that live in a underground map.

Anyways, not having a subway system in a city sounds crazy. Every city has a subway system. I hope they have at least a public transport system in place. Actually, they could use this to their advantage. Because every big city has a subway system, they could make a new lore that explain why the subway system closed. Like what the above poster said they could make an underground map because of it and it becomes a hidden district.

Homeless people gang is a strange concept. Bcz when they gang up. They can take a building and make it their own. But in the underground is an idea. If Night city is corrupt and totally controlled by the rich.

Like in Moscow the poor can not take buildings but the rich can own empty buildings. And the cops makes sure the poor can not use it..

Nightcity doesn't have that top-down control.

On the other hand.. the tunnels can not be taken away and when in numbers they are a safe place. And!! It is never warm nor cold there...

Fuck.. what the hell do i know.. iam just typing letters

Homeless people gang is a strange concept. Bcz when they gang up. They can take a building and make it their own.

Isn't that basically what EVERY combat zone gang does? Maelstrom did it, Voodoo boys did it, etc. Its not like they apply to Night city officials to provide them with a building.

As long as they avoid making it anything like the tedious grindy and depressing nightmare that was the train system in underrail, I love this idea. I liked many things about underrail but in the end, I couldn't keep playing it. It was too frustrating. It did have good features, but it needed some serious game-changing updates.
Post automatically merged:

This would be really cool. Maybe CyberWereWolf's too, and they have a war with the CyberVampires underground, and the homeless are caught in the middle of the war and you have to help them defend the city. Then at the end you discover that the CyberWereWolf's and CyberVampires are actually also connected to some serious corporations above ground, who's head-CEO's are secretly also CyberVampires and CyberWereWolf's and their war underground is reflective of their war above ground. Eventually, maybe you can steal the technology from both the CyberWereWolf's and CyberVampires and upgrade V with both technologies, making V strong enough to fight both of those corporations above ground, and after defeating them, become their new boss of both companies in order to force them to end their war that harms many of the innocents caught in the middle. V becomes the boss, and merges both corporations into one mega corp that can rival arasaka, and even militech. Then V gets access to a new highly upgraded house/office with high tech guards and just a better place to live, and a bunch of nice customizations for the new house, and it's like a mansion but it's underground like a bunker, and V essentially becomes a rich hero inspired mildly by batman or iron man or something, and can make choices that effect the entire night city. Eventually V discovers that all the homeless people living down there were actually fake homeless people, actually all mercenaries all working for yet another corporation that actually manipulated V into every single action they took, because it somehow benefited that corporation for V to do all of that, and the entire thing results in another war between V's megacorporation and the other megacorporation that was acting all shadowy and sneaky. But the other corporations are all CyberZombies or some other really cool Cyber-Hybrid. So it's like CyberWereWolfVampires VS CyberUndead or some other thing. In the middle of that battle, a bunch of space-invaders come, and actually knock the crystal palace station out of orbit and crash it into the badlands near Night City, and all kinds of amazing cool stuff happens.

THAT would be cool, and NO I do not smoke... Anything. Drugs are bad.

Last edited:
Too bad I always like driving/riding a car/bike through the metro tunnels in GTA, hope they include it in the expansions.

Slightly disappointed from an immersion standpoint. But, I understand there are numerous modes of travel, and chances are I probably would've seriously used the Subway system, like, twice.😂 Also, as packed as this game is gonna be, I can't imagine that a lot of the removed mechanics/systems aren't just being put on the back burner for use in the inevitable DLC that will drop for this game!

I can't say that I'm interested in subways. But I would have liked a train system that goes over certain parts of the city. Even Mafia 1 had that back in 2002. And this was part of their trailer.

I'm really disappointed about this revelation. I intentionally didn't pre-order the game because I fully expected something like this to happen, though. Had I pre-ordered, I would be extremely annoyed right now. It's not like the subway was tucked away in the corner of a frame for half a second in the trailer; it was the opening and a pivotal part of the storytelling. I certainly see that as misleading.

To say that it can't be done because it would be "too hard for developers" is ridiculous. Consider the other milestone games which have been made before now, and also consider how many metro systems exist in other games which work perfectly fine. A massive aspect of an open-world game is immersion and roleplay. To immerse yourself in a thriving city, you can't expect to get around without public transport. Name a big city that doesn't have a metro system and is still successful without one! London, Tokyo, Paris, Moscow... they all have iconic metro systems which the majority of the population use. Why would the game completely omit that opportunity? I've lived in London for six years and have been in a car fewer than 10 times. At any time of day, you take the Tube. It's just the way a big city operates. To lose that in Night City is a massive mistake, not least because there could have been loads of great dialogue opportunities with drunk NPCs on trains.

And for those comparing good metro systems to GTAV: you've missed R*'s point. The entire game is a satirical view on LA. The LA metro is notoriously pointless IRL, so the game intentionally emphasises that by making a handful of stations to places you have no desire to travel to, and the one station that would be useful is permanently closed.

I'm less excited for the release of Cyberpunk 2077 now. Immersion was the key thing for me, and if I have to drive everywhere I'm going to feel like there's less variety and liberty.

I'm really disappointed about this revelation. I intentionally didn't pre-order the game because I fully expected something like this to happen, though. Had I pre-ordered, I would be extremely annoyed right now. It's not like the subway was tucked away in the corner of a frame for half a second in the trailer; it was the opening and a pivotal part of the storytelling. I certainly see that as misleading.

To say that it can't be done because it would be "too hard for developers" is ridiculous. Consider the other milestone games which have been made before now, and also consider how many metro systems exist in other games which work perfectly fine. A massive aspect of an open-world game is immersion and roleplay. To immerse yourself in a thriving city, you can't expect to get around without public transport. Name a big city that doesn't have a metro system and is still successful without one! London, Tokyo, Paris, Moscow... they all have iconic metro systems which the majority of the population use. Why would the game completely omit that opportunity? I've lived in London for six years and have been in a car fewer than 10 times. At any time of day, you take the Tube. It's just the way a big city operates. To lose that in Night City is a massive mistake, not least because there could have been loads of great dialogue opportunities with drunk NPCs on trains.

And for those comparing good metro systems to GTAV: you've missed R*'s point. The entire game is a satirical view on LA. The LA metro is notoriously pointless IRL, so the game intentionally emphasises that by making a handful of stations to places you have no desire to travel to, and the one station that would be useful is permanently closed.

I'm less excited for the release of Cyberpunk 2077 now. Immersion was the key thing for me, and if I have to drive everywhere I'm going to feel like there's less variety and liberty.
I can not help but agree. :giveup:

I was under the impression this game was going to be a cut above the rest. Appreciate the story and rpg aspect will be the main component but I always enjoy messing around in a game i.e destroying objects, interacting with ai, exploring the world, discovering rare items, building & customising especially when i'm not doing missions. These are the things that keep me engaged with a game, far beyond the main story. One of my issues with GTA is that it had a huge great map but you couldn't do anything with it and it quickly became really, really boring. Interacting with a train is a huge component of a city and if the developers are intending to portray a real life working city, public transport is a must. I hate to say it but Projekt Red should delay this game.

Last edited:
I was under the impression this game was going to be a cut above the rest. Appreciate the story and rpg aspect will be the main component but I always enjoy messing around in a game i.e destroying objects, interacting with ai, exploring the world, discovering rare items, building & customising especially when i'm not doing missions. These are the things that keep me engaged with a game, far beyond the main story. One of my issues with GTA is that it had a huge great map but you couldn't do anything with it and it quickly became really, really boring. Interacting with a train is a huge component of a city and if the developers are intending to portray a real life working city, public transport is a must. I hate to say it but Project Red should delay this game.
I agree with almost everything, but I DO think Cyberpunk2077 will be a cut above the rest, I have almost no doubts at all about this. At this point, I hope it's a DLC, or good modding support comes out.

I agree with almost everything, but I DO think Cyberpunk2077 will be a cut above the rest, I have almost no doubts at all about this. At this point, I hope it's a DLC, or good modding support comes out.

I'm no expert at developing but wouldn't implementing a train into an already made game be really hard and would likely cause no end of issues? I loved Witcher 3, so well done. It was so good i'm currently playing anther run-through and I don't imagine cyberpunk will be bad but I do wonder if it's going to be the ground breaker they made it out to be. Imagine if the narrative was 200% better in watchdogs... I think It would of still been just as unpopular because of the world. It needs to work both in detail, balance of realism, physics but also fun-factor. Its an awful lot to pull off.

Last edited:
They never did.
The community did this to themselves.

Oh yeah its been ultra hyped by everyone. But Projekt Red have contributed their fare share of it, comparing it to Witcher 3, and how they're going all out, likening the game to GTA etc etc. Can't be bothered to find there numerous articles and statements but its out there...

Top Bottom