No Subway in Cyberpunk 2077

+

What is your reaction to this news?

• Happy about the removal of subways and trains

• Indifferent about the removal of subways and trains

• Disapointed about the removal of subways and trains

Results are only viewable after voting.
If there was still no possibility to drive with the ncart-system, it would have been a mistake to focus on the ncart sytem in the gameplay trailer and fictionary page of the city again. Especially after the whole discussion, for example in this thread and other forums, pc-magazines and so on. If this was true, it would look like cdpr "rubs salt in the wound" :(

If there was still no possibility to drive with the ncart-system, it would have been a mistake to focus on the ncart sytem in the gameplay trailer and fictionary page of the city again. Especially after the whole discussion, for example in this thread and other forums, pc-magazines and so on. If this was true, it would look like cdpr "rubs salt in the wound" :(
Yeah, the mention of NCART so prominently in the nightcity.love website made me think it might be back as a form of transport we can ride, even if not Fast Travel (I prefer it like that anyway).

1600611975506.png

You can kinda see into the station in this picture, giving me hope that we can access the system! That and the other beautiful screenshots that show off parts of the track;
1600612109882.png

I think it'd be sad not to be able to ride NCART through the beautiful sections of the line like showcased above.

Yeah, the mention of NCART so prominently in the nightcity.love website made me think it might be back as a form of transport we can ride, even if not Fast Travel (I prefer it like that anyway).

Hopefully! I want to get on a train, drive around and look through the windows at night city :)

A bit disappointed tbh.

There some news that just came out which has me believing they might have cut some stuff and made the main story line shorter not because of metrics but more likely to try and keep a deadline.

It would seem the NCART system is back on the menu!
If you watch from this timestamp, they refer to DataTerms as being used for fast travel as well as metro stations, so it seems they decided to re-implement NCART! I'm personally hoping we can ride the NCART without fast travelling too like RDR2 and GTA IV, but at the very least this makes me very happy to hear!

The more they remove what they have shown in the promos and trailers the lower my expectations tend to get. It's bad enough we can't drive the flying cars then we can't even customize the cars we own now no riding subway trains.

The more they remove what they have shown in the promos and trailers the lower my expectations tend to get. It's bad enough we can't drive the flying cars then we can't even customize the cars we own now no riding subway trains.
They've never shown us driving the flying cars nor customising vehicles. The only thing they've shown on that list is V riding the NCART metro.
Post automatically merged:

1602109826042.png

1602110093854.png

:cry:
Maybe not then

Last edited:
What if it is some sort of guided travel? Like in the new AC games, where the camel/horse follows the road without any input from the player, who can simply enjoy the view? Sorta like a fast travel that ain't that fast, lol. I think I'd like that.

I hope the Subway and the ncart are different systems and we can ride the ncart. Please, please, please!!!

Disappointed. Shoot, theres a metro rail map showing all the subway stops in the city. Its on some posters on sites like ebay. But I guess that doesn't matter anymore. Taking it out makes sense with fast travel and cars, but riding a subway and exploring the city that way would be interesting. Its not a deal breaker though. I just hope they consider adding content like that later on. Either that or flying cars. But I won't hold my breath.

What if it is some sort of guided travel? Like in the new AC games, where the camel/horse follows the road without any input from the player, who can simply enjoy the view? Sorta like a fast travel that ain't that fast, lol. I think I'd like that.
Basically the same as trains in RDR2/GTA IV, yeah. Taxis in GTA IV could work like that too, though on both the subway and taxis you could also skip ahead to fast travel.

Disappointed. Shoot, theres a metro rail map showing all the subway stops in the city. Its on some posters on sites like ebay. But I guess that doesn't matter anymore. Taking it out makes sense with fast travel and cars, but riding a subway and exploring the city that way would be interesting. Its not a deal breaker though. I just hope they consider adding content like that later on. Either that or flying cars. But I won't hold my breath.
Flying cars I doubt even more than them adding NCART. It's a whole new form of gameplay to be added. It's easy to think "yeah, let me fly a flying car," but you have to consider the implications for that. It's not like GTA where causing chaos in the air leading to an arcade-y response is expected. CP2077 is meant to be an immersive RPG. By allowing the piloting of flying cars, you now need to consider how the authorities react to chaos caused in the air, how authorities respond to the catastrophic aftermath of you slamming your flying car into buildings/crowds etc.

It would be nice to have some kind of usable trains/metros for immersion purposes.

But, let's imagine that there are trains/metros that aren't usable regularly, but used only in quests like:

I) Chasing an assassin that disappeared inside a populated train, and you have to follow the guy to find out who he work to inside the wagon, when you're almost approaching him, he break the window, while leaving some explosive, which explodes and causes a massive accident - you survive from pure luck;

II) A frustrated corpo go wild, capture one of the train wagon that belongs to Militech, and Arasaka contacts you to, so you could either go with the corpo and split the share, give it to Militech or sell it to Arasaka (kiling or sparing the corpo in the process);

III) A car chase that started on the streets end up with the shooter taking a train and you following him with your car, while firing weapons, which leaves the train heavily damaged;

IV) A valuable cargo that is going outside Night City have to pass through Nomad territories, so some corpo guy hires you to protect it, then you can either betray the corpo, let it be stolen by the nomads while killing other mercenaries, or killing the nomads, protecting the train and gain some reward.

Now, we have to consider how the city would react according to CDPR vision of the game: did they implemented the RDR 2 system? Could you steal, burn, destroy the metro/train, and in the next day (or just some time after the incident) they would keep respawning like nothing happened?

Because if CDPR didn't use the RDR "respawn as nothing happened" mechanic when it comes to huge accidents like that, then after the first one, the train/metro would be left unusable because the authorities could be investigating the crime, or because it would be being fixed, who knows?

We have to remember that this is not a sandbox, it's RPG. Actions, specially big actions, are supposed to matter in the world context.

As for the trains/Metro, if we presume that there are other methods of fast traveling, and the trains/metro are linked to specific quests, there's no practical reason for them to be essential in the game. I understand that instead of doing it (now), they should address things more critical for gameplay purposes.

What I mean is that there are bigger problems (my opinion) to adress now (that I wish to see in future DLCs):

A) Car upgrading and customization, because racing is a thing in the game. It's a piece of the street culture showed in Cyberpunk 2077, so there are a lot of possible contacts and missions that could be linked to street racing, like gathering info about what's happening on the streets, things like that.

B) Multiple houses/apartments and customizable ones, so the player can connect more with the place that was customized with hard (dis)honest mercenary money. Maybe with more than one place, it could be a quest where people try to kill you by blowing your place, then because you survive, it opens the option to seek revenge, let it slide by faking your death and going to live somewhere else, and fix your first house later while living in the second one.

I bet that when CDPR showed the Metro/Train, they meant to show V as a newcomer to Night City, as we all were (and still are) in 2018, not to put it in the game. Probably they didn't even imagine that there would be a lot of fans asking for it.

But, for now, the lack of usable trains/metros doesn't really affect me.

Flying cars I doubt even more than them adding NCART. It's a whole new form of gameplay to be added. It's easy to think "yeah, let me fly a flying car," but you have to consider the implications for that. It's not like GTA where causing chaos in the air leading to an arcade-y response is expected. CP2077 is meant to be an immersive RPG. By allowing the piloting of flying cars, you now need to consider how the authorities react to chaos caused in the air, how authorities respond to the catastrophic aftermath of you slamming your flying car into buildings/crowds etc.

Its always been a fantasy. Definitely a whole new mechanic and complicated. But probably not impossible. From my experience, theres only been one game with a flying car called a skycar and that was Mass Effect 2 DLC Lair of the Shadowbroker. That was obviously a scripted sequence flying the skycar, but what a cool experience. I'm holding out for it to happen somewhere down the road in a Cyberpunk adventure.
Post automatically merged:

What I mean is that there are bigger problems (my opinion) to adress now (that I wish to see in future DLCs):

A) Car upgrading and customization, because racing is a thing in the game. It's a piece of the street culture showed in Cyberpunk 2077, so there are a lot of possible contacts and missions that could be linked to street racing, like gathering info about what's happening on the streets, things like that.

B) Multiple houses/apartments and customizable ones, so the player can connect more with the place that was customized with hard (dis)honest mercenary money. Maybe with more than one place, it could be a quest where people try to kill you by blowing your place, then because you survive, it opens the option to seek revenge, let it slide by faking your death and going to live somewhere else, and fix your first house later while living in the second one.

I bet that when CDPR showed the Metro/Train, they meant to show V as a newcomer to Night City, as we all were (and still are) in 2018, not to put it in the game. Probably they didn't even imagine that there would be a lot of fans asking for it.

But, for now, the lack of usable trains/metros doesn't really affect me.

I agree with your two points on future DLC. I won't care as much about the subways if something along the lines of car customization and multiple houses is featured. If CDPR is serious about expanding the game overtime, I say car customization is one really favored way to go. They say that you can select pre-customized cars, which is fine. But being able to build the car you want just like in the game Mad Max is special. Hell, I should be able to put a lift kit on a pickup or add a V10 engine to my Quadra if I want.

Multiple homes would be cool to have additional save/rest points. I'd like that. But not my top 5 things I really want in game.

Last edited:
The point is that one of the most epic things I imagined with the 2018 trailer was:
Get on the subway and start a fist fight... when the situation was heated, start shooting so that when the train arrived at the station, the special unit of the NCPD would be waiting for me.
Now I think this won't happen never, and it's sad!

The point is that one of the most epic things I imagined with the 2018 trailer was:
Get on the subway and start a fist fight... when the situation was heated, start shooting so that when the train arrived at the station, the special unit of the NCPD would be waiting for me.
Now I think this won't happen never, and it's sad!

Unfortunately, CDPR games lack sandbox elements. That makes GTA series a lot different.

Top Bottom