No Subway in Cyberpunk 2077

+

What is your reaction to this news?

• Happy about the removal of subways and trains

• Indifferent about the removal of subways and trains

• Disapointed about the removal of subways and trains

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guest 4211861

The point is that one of the most epic things I imagined with the 2018 trailer was:
Get on the subway and start a fist fight... when the situation was heated, start shooting so that when the train arrived at the station, the special unit of the NCPD would be waiting for me.
Now I think this won't happen never, and it's sad!
There was that wallpaper of V inside a train, with Arasaka troops banging on the door - metro confirmed? Nope.
But tbh, I'm kind of over it, though perhaps CDPR should control its communication better.

not disappointed, but somewhat surprised. i wonder what kind of technical limitation it presented.

Does CDPR have to say or report something about everything,
they still need material for future DLC that goes into the game.
They don't have to comment everything!
And the subway is one of many new things, wait and see.

Does CDPR have to say or report something about everything,
they still need material for future DLC that goes into the game.
They don't have to comment everything!
And the subway is one of many new things, wait and see.

Do you know how much work it is to implement a full map subway? Wasn't it the reason they gave it up? Currently, they said there wouldn't be a subway. Let's keep with that.

2qHzhEzyskc_S71jKG0adGlEXfT6o5MLD98ocA2iFIg.jpg

Last edited:
Was it specified if that means that there just are no ridable/interactable trains etc. or none at all? I can imagine an abandoned subway station for example being an excellent setting for a scav hideout or something like that.

Was it specified if that means that there just are no ridable/interactable trains etc. or none at all? I can imagine an abandoned subway station for example being an excellent setting for a scav hideout or something like that.
NCART is still there (you can see it throughout the demos and trailers), you just don't ride on it in free play.

NCART is still there (you can see it throughout the demos and trailers), you just don't ride on it in free play.

Im curious whether the train-stations will still be there for you to lounge around in, or if you just interact with a streetsign like in Witcher to quicktravel..

Im don't know what to say about metro being removed. I'm kind of disappointed, but at the same time i don't think i'd use it.

It has been confirmed in an interview by Gamestar with Level Designer Miles Tost they have confirmed there will be no subways or ridable trains in Cyberpunk 2077. I personally found this to be surprising considering how prominently it had been shown in Advertising campaigns for the game. What do yall think about the news?

Source: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyberpunk-2077-ubahn-fahren-schnellreisen,3348838.html
What is the logic behind this? its not like the subway would be "in the way" somehow...

What is the logic behind this? its not like the subway would be "in the way" somehow...

Short answer: resources are better used elsewhere.

Animating the player character (possibly more characters) ON a platform of the train, while both are moving separately while rendering the Night City in all its glory to either--- well its a lot of work for something that is ultimately just eye candy. Its just not worth it, even for perfectionists like CDPR.

Its just not worth it, even for perfectionists like CDPR.

It's worth it, especially if other games can offer it. The game will lose a lot of immersion, and the player a lot of pleasant experience/feeling.

The metro could be used for other things like action, quests, conversations, everything like other locations in the game.

i'm guessing getting the pathfinding down right with the npcs going in and out of the subway was a hassle, possibly having to do with streaming system game uses.

Public transports were actually one of the selling points for me. It is also inconceivable there is no extended collective transport system in a city as Night City. I know there's some vehicles on monorail visible, but it's not much.

Public transports were actually one of the selling points for me. It is also inconceivable there is no extended collective transport system in a city as Night City. I know there's some vehicles on monorail visible, but it's not much.

Exactly. Where are trams, trains, buses, planes, bicycles which people travel/ride, etc? I think the city is pretty empty.

Animating the player character (possibly more characters) ON a platform of the train, while both are moving separately while rendering the Night City in all its glory to either--- well its a lot of work for something that is ultimately just eye candy. Its just not worth it, even for perfectionists like CDPR.

Subway is mainly an underground railway though, otherwise it'd be like a monorail or cyber train... or something? So they wouldn't really run into much of an issue I think? Even if some segments were to breach ground they could choose specific parts of the map that aren't crowded as such and graphically intensive to make it work? Maybe?

Top Bottom