No Subway in Cyberpunk 2077

+

What is your reaction to this news?

• Happy about the removal of subways and trains

• Indifferent about the removal of subways and trains

• Disapointed about the removal of subways and trains

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is news to me. :eek:

Considering it was featured in trailers and gameplay(as in you see the monorail go by) I am disappointed.

Devs of Mafia 1 apparently had a lot of trial and error getting the trains to work and not derail( :sneaky:) the whole concept.
I actually rode around the city quite a lot in Mafia.
Fun times. :)
And this was in 2002!

Was looking forward to do exactly that in Cyberpunk as well.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

Was looking forward to do exactly that in Cyberpunk as well.
I guess when we get multiplayer we'll be able to at least roleplay bus drivers :sneaky:
Post automatically merged:

Subway is an underground railway though, so they wouldn't really run into much of an issue I think
I think the same. You can pretend movement with the subway train, while you're just teleporting the player from one station to another.

I am disappoint, not just because of the trailer, but for compact city like night city for having not one seem not lore friendly.

I'm very sad about the missing ncart. We have a full integrated system with rails and stations. For example near our aparment, you can go to the elevator and visit a fully created station from the ncart but some holos prevent to enter the station. Why cdpr? Why do you put so much work in this details of the system and dont let us drive with it? :cry: Please make it possible in a dlc or patch sometimes, after you have patched the important currently problems. Night City needs more ambient features! Mini-games, animations for eating and drinking in bars/restaurants, a functional ncart system etc. ;)

I'm very sad about the missing ncart. We have a full integrated system with rails and stations. For example near our aparment, you can go to the elevator and visit a fully created station from the ncart but some holos prevent to enter the station. Why cdpr? Why do you put so much work in this details of the system and dont let us drive with it? :cry: Please make it possible in a dlc or patch sometimes, after you have patched the important currently problems. Night City needs more ambient features! Mini-games, animations for eating and drinking in bars/restaurants, a functional ncart system etc. ;)
I would love to be able to use that transportation system. Looks great. And they already have the infrastructure.

Please developers, allow us this to feel immersed in NC instead of the cold blue boxes of automatic teleportation.

Attachments

• train.png
    train.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 261
  • train2.png
    train2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 161
This video shows that there are tunnels theoretically unaccessible to the player, which were probably meant to house a train track.
Moreover, when the player in this video reaches a built tunnel, it triggers a light coming from in to out, resembling those of a train front.

I have various opinions about the transportation throughout and around Night City, but to keep it brief when it comes to the removal of trains and buses, I believe it was plain and simple a mistake that needed to be done for its release.

In the months coming, such cut content should be reintroduced prior to the release of any minor to major DLC.

Considering how ridiculously difficult it is to navigate the streets with WASD keys I'd rather have a subway. Quick Travel is just as well, I guess, but driving with a keyboard is a hot mess. I don't get why it's not mouse controlled. You can't use a weapon unless an NPC is driving anyway.

The driving sucks so bad I hate the "Sinnerman" mission. It's coded to plop vehicles in your way and you can't easily nav around them using WASD. (and these vehicles spawn JUST to block you.)

Please developers, add this to the city! It is not one more request, it is something essential to get a good experience in NC.

Any chance of NCART in future, closer to DLCs or Cyberpunk Online?

Subway is mainly an underground railway though, otherwise it'd be like a monorail or cyber train... or something?
UITP definition - Metros: UGT systems operated on their own right of way and segregated from general road and pedestrian traffic. They are consequently designed for operations in tunnel, viaducts or on surface level but with physical separation in such a way that inadvertent access is not possible. In different parts of the world Metro systems are also known as the underground, the subway or the tube. Rail systems with specific construction issues operating on a segregated guideway (e.g. monorail, rack railways) are also treated as Metros as long as they are designated as part of the urban public transport network.

Any chance of NCART in future, closer to DLCs or Cyberpunk Online?

UITP definition - Metros: UGT systems operated on their own right of way and segregated from general road and pedestrian traffic. They are consequently designed for operations in tunnel, viaducts or on surface level but with physical separation in such a way that inadvertent access is not possible. In different parts of the world Metro systems are also known as the underground, the subway or the tube. Rail systems with specific construction issues operating on a segregated guideway (e.g. monorail, rack railways) are also treated as Metros as long as they are designated as part of the urban public transport network.

TIL. Thanks @coth_rus :cool:

It's too bad, considering major cities all over the world normally have sub way systems. Would've been a cool environment to explore.

Top Bottom