No target for special card - no problem?

+
OK, so I just played against SK, and the opponent "played" his War of Clans against my empty board and managed to bring a dude from the graveyard... I know the card says: Devotion. "Always" trigger deathblow, but... like, really? Is this intended or an exploit? Personally, I was never able to "play" a targeted special without a target. Pretty sure my rebuke won't buff my treant if I click around the empty board. Or am I just not clicking on the right spot? :D

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I made a deck to check it but it didn't work - I needed a target to trigger War of Clans. Perhaps a bug or some other devilry was at work there.

I made a deck to check it but it didn't work - I needed a target to trigger War of Clans. Perhaps a bug or some other devilry was at work there.
Agree, I love SK warriors and have been several times in the case where War Of Clan brick because there was no target (in devotion deck ofc).
Don't know what happen... :think:

Yeah, very strange. I'm going to test discarding it with an empty board AND a valid target in the graveyard just for kicks.

I tried it with Vabjorn and I had the same result - the card was just discarded, no unit was summoned from the graveyard.

I don't get it. How would tutoring with Vabjorn make a difference?
My point was not that Vabjorn would introduce an issue, but that the situation can be reduced to it being tutored by Vabjorn, because it can only be played (rather than discarded) through a tutor and since it was mentioned that devotion was fullfilled.

Not sure what he tried, but it totally worked for me. I rolled up an AI match, made sure to lose R1 so I could start R3, Vabjorn into war of clans on first move of R3 and it gave a choice of my 4p warriors in the graveyard. Easy peasy. Though it REALLY shouldn't work.
Post automatically merged:

so looks like similiar mechanic to Oneiro into Red Haze on the empty board
Oh, does that bring Madoc out? I never noticed (because I never tried).

I tried it again, and it worked. There was a neutral card in my first deck, so the Devotion requirement was not met, hence the difference. In a Devotion deck, WoC works even on an empty board provided it is tutored by Vabjorn. Neat detail.

Top Bottom