No V raytrace reflections

+
It is very odd that there are no reflections of V anywhere in the game except when looking into a mirror. When walking past reflective windows or puddles you can see everyone elses reflection but not your own makes you feel like a ghost, strange oversight from the developer.

As far as I know, V does have reflections, only with the Photomode model (which is a separate model to the players').
Above all it's mostly because there is no "real" V to reflect in the game :)
This is exactly the same reason as the lack of a third person view, except in photo mode because it uses predefined poses.

This is exactly the same reason as the lack of a third person view, except in photo mode because it uses predefined poses.
There is, you can see it in the shadows. The fact V is not reflected is because s/he's awfully animated.

That's a little In conflict with old claims about V's reflection but nothing new under the sun.

It is very odd that there are no reflections of V anywhere in the game except when looking into a mirror. When walking past reflective windows or puddles you can see everyone elses reflection but not your own makes you feel like a ghost, strange oversight from the developer.
V's model is headless and can not have reflections (I recommend Using TPP mods to see why).

Yeah, this is a minor annoyance to me as well and I hope that this will be fixed in the future. However, I doubt this very much. The problem for me is that when I'm truly immersed in the game my brain fails to interpret the reflections of windows as a reflection because the body of V is missing and instead I think that the reflected object is in front of me. This bugs my brain out completely and I need a second or two to recover :LOL:
I don't feel nauseous or anything it is just utterly weird for a split second....

However, as @IllyaSherlock has mentioned reflection can be enabled with a *.ini tweak, but V's head will be missing in the reflections. Haven't tested yet if my brain actually prefers that....

No, I think there is, only the head is missing. The 3rd person mod just moves the camera outside of the body...don't know what kind of trickery it is doing for the head though. That being said, it is not properly animated for a 3rd person experience.

No, I think there is, only the head is missing. The 3rd person mod just moves the camera outside of the body...don't know what kind of trickery it is doing for the head though. That being said, it is not properly animated for a 3rd person experience.
It uses the head from character creation and photo mode. Sadly the mod can't detect which hat or glass V is using so if you wear a hat V will become bald in TPP (Sometimes the mod fails to load V's head, And you can see V without His/Her Head).

Top Bottom