No Vibration support for PS4 controller on PC?

+
I'm at a loss. PS4 Controller works on GOG PC version of cyberpunk, but has no vibration/rumble feedback.

So I added the game over on steam as a non steam game, controller vibrates but is recognized as a Xbox controller (xbox button prompts) and can't for the life of me get it to be seen as a PS4 controller.

How do I get controller vibration on PC with a PS4 controller. Anyone had any luck? Banging my head against this problem for 2 hours.

I added the game on steam as a non steam game to play with a DualSense 5 controller but the only complaints are the xbox button prompts

If they add manual selection of the prompts nobody is going to complaint again

If it is for legal reasons then they should add custom packages of glyphs

Just a zip file with a json file for mapping and png's or svg's
Is there a world outside playstation and xbox controllers

Is really not that hard to implement in code

For The Witcher 3 you could edit Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\content\content0\scripts\game\inputManager.ws
and change a line to allow ds4 prompts. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be that file with cyberpunk :S

But that would be the way to fix both of these issues if it was available to us :(

I'm so sad right now... I especially bought the steam version cuz I was sure there, they would support PS Prompts (had many problems with other launchers)

I wish I would have gotten the GOG Version instead...

Same. Hopefully CDPR push an update adding vibration support for ds4.
Post automatically merged:

Same. Hopefully CDPR push an update adding vibration support for ds4.

Having the same issue, I've tried DS4 windows and launching through steam, none of it worked. Bought my copy through epic games btw. This really sucks actually, completely ruins the immersion.

Yeah, this is a weird oversight to have:cry:I hope it gets fixed soon. It's not immersion breaking right now, but I'd love to have vibration since I'm using a controller.

I am at a loss here too. I spent a lot of time last night troubleshooting.
I had steam running and was playing through GOG (so it was using the steam controller profile). I had Playstation button prompts but no vibration. I closed steam and tried again, no controller support through GOG (didn't allow me to use controller at all). I added the game to steam as a non-steam game and exited GOG. Got xbox prompts and no vibration. Tried running the game with DS4 windows through GOG and got xbox prompts and no vibration.
I feel like I tried everything and can't ever get vibration to come through.

I had steam running and was playing through GOG (so it was using the steam controller profile). I had Playstation button prompts but no vibration. I closed steam and tried again, no controller support through GOG (didn't allow me to use controller at all). I added the game to steam as a non-steam game and exited GOG. Got xbox prompts and no vibration. Tried running the game with DS4 windows through GOG and got xbox prompts and no vibration.
Okay, no idea if this is what changed but I was originally plugged into a usb port on my keyboard, and I plugged into the tower instead. Now, launching through GOG with DS4Windows running, I have playstation prompts and vibration. Hope this helps in some way.

Last edited:
I am using the GOG version of CP2077 and using an XBOX ONE controller. I don't get any controller vibrations either. Does anyone have any clue as to why that's the case?

I have the GOG version. I have a Dual Shock 4. I can't get it to recognize my DS4 controller natively. I can use DS4Windows to have it impersonate an Xbox One controller, and that does give me rumble too.

I only want to get the DS4 prompts in game, so it's promising that there is a possible way to do this using the Steam controller profile without DS4Windows running.

Okay, no idea if this is what changed but I was originally plugged into a usb port on my keyboard, and I plugged into the tower instead. Now, launching through GOG with DS4Windows running, I have playstation prompts and vibration. Hope this helps in some way.

What version of DS4windows do you have? And are you setting ds4windows as a ps4 controller or Xbox? You're the only person I've been able to find that has gotten this mystery working.

I am using the GOG version of CP2077 and using an XBOX ONE controller. I don't get any controller vibrations either. Does anyone have any clue as to why that's the case?
Hi there, I ran into a similar issue as you. And what I found out is that I had to do a complete power-cycle of my computer. What I mean by that, is: Turn off computer > flip switch to power supply > unplug power supply > hold power button for several dozen seconds > then rapidly click your power button and restart button. Now, the power should be completely out of your PC. Boot up and check again.

The issue for me and others, is if you own a ASUS motherboard that has bluetooth on it (for the controller) sometimes there are issues where the bluetooth completely stops working. You think it's broken, but it's not. You have to do the power-cycle.

Anyway, I did this, and BOOM, I got vibration in my Xbox One Controller. Also note, I tried putting the controller to wired mode but didn't work. Someone posted on a comment that when they did wired mode they restarted computer and it helped for them. I never did this, so you could try that too.

Try the power-cycle, also the wired mode and restart computer after the controller syncs to your PC while wired. And even try swapping the batteries. Idk, but when I did all this, I ended up swapping the batteries before I tried to discover that it worked.

Hope this helps for you.

Hi there, I ran into a similar issue as you. And what I found out is that I had to do a complete power-cycle of my computer. What I mean by that, is: Turn off computer > flip switch to power supply > unplug power supply > hold power button for several dozen seconds > then rapidly click your power button and restart button. Now, the power should be completely out of your PC. Boot up and check again.

The issue for me and others, is if you own a ASUS motherboard that has bluetooth on it (for the controller) sometimes there are issues where the bluetooth completely stops working. You think it's broken, but it's not. You have to do the power-cycle.

Anyway, I did this, and BOOM, I got vibration in my Xbox One Controller. Also note, I tried putting the controller to wired mode but didn't work. Someone posted on a comment that when they did wired mode they restarted computer and it helped for them. I never did this, so you could try that too.

Try the power-cycle, also the wired mode and restart computer after the controller syncs to your PC while wired. And even try swapping the batteries. Idk, but when I did all this, I ended up swapping the batteries before I tried to discover that it worked.

Hope this helps for you.
This shouldn't have to be done in order to get something as simple as vibration.

This shouldn't have to be done in order to get something as simple as vibration.
Yeah, you're telling me. But my life runs off of troubleshooting, so I dive deep into these things. And yeah you're right, something as simple as a possible restart to computer, sometimes, is just not that simple.

Hope this helps for you.

Do you have any other black magic for a ps4 controller connected via a wire? :p

sorry for bump but been reading alot of posts on the steam forums too and it seems like this isnt unique to just GOG.

They just didn't properly add rumble support to PS4 controllers. Any time you have PS prompts = no rumble. If you go on steam or emulate your ps controller to an xbox via DS4Windows, you get rumble but only xbox prompts.

Ridiculous oversight, really...
Add it to the burning trash fire of bugs I guess?

Last edited:
To get ps4 prompts - Right click the game in Steam library, select Properties and from a drop down menu for "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" on general settings choose "Forced Off". Worked for me. Seems to be a conflict between game and steam settings.

So what about those that didn't buy it through Steam. >.>

So even adding the exe to Steam if you bought it from GoG doesn't give you rumble. This is dumb, I just wanna pew pew while my controller vibrates in my hand.-.

Last edited:
Any rad data Miners or modders a way to hack this functionality in? (Since a multi million dollar company can't be bothered)

Even worse than rumble not working with inputs detected as PS4 controllers is the fact that, because of this, gyro also isn't working, which is an accessibility concern.

I have the Steam version and even with my Astro C40 TR controller correctly identified as a PS4 controller, I don't get rumble, PS button prompts or gyro aiming working with any of the templates.

To get ps4 prompts - Right click the game in Steam library, select Properties and from a drop down menu for "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" on general settings choose "Forced Off". Worked for me. Seems to be a conflict between game and steam settings.

I don't have that option. Here's what the Properties menu looks like when I right-click the game on the library:

menu.png

Here's what the Controller tab looks like:

controller.png

And here are the override settings:

override.png

Top Bottom