No Vibration support for PS4 controller on PC?

+
Even worse than rumble not working with inputs detected as PS4 controllers is the fact that, because of this, gyro also isn't working, which is an accessibility concern.

I have the Steam version and even with my Astro C40 TR controller correctly identified as a PS4 controller, I don't get rumble, PS button prompts or gyro aiming working with any of the templates.

I don't have that option. Here's what the Properties menu looks like when I right-click the game on the library:

Here's what the Controller tab looks like:

And here are the override settings:

I think gyro should be a option. A lot of shooters on Nintendo switch have it. But in other platforms is never acknowledge. Even when the same game have the option in Nintendo switch.

Even worse than rumble not working with inputs detected as PS4 controllers is the fact that, because of this, gyro also isn't working, which is an accessibility concern.

I have the Steam version and even with my Astro C40 TR controller correctly identified as a PS4 controller, I don't get rumble, PS button prompts or gyro aiming working with any of the templates.

I don't have that option. Here's what the Properties menu looks like when I right-click the game on the library:

Ok, should see this:
IMAG0110.jpg

And then this :

16077772893369184400495167323225.jpg

Ok, so I'm using my DS4 with an ASUS BT400 Bluetooth adapter. Bought Cyberpunk from GOG so running that from the GOG Galaxy launcher. When using this setup in Monster Hunter World (which I purchased on Steam), everything works as it should, I have vibrations and the correct button icons. Only steam controller setting I have active is the Playstation controller support in steam. Without changing anything I can load up either GOG Galaxy or Cyberpunk using my steam shortcuts that I added, with that I get a working controller with vibration but the wrong icons (shows the xbox ones). By running DS4Windows and setting the output to DS4, running through steam gets me nothing, just doesn't detect that a controller is connected. Doing the same thing but launching from GOG launcher I get a working controller with the correct icons but now no vibration.

Haven't had any luck getting both working at the same time. With DS4 Windows I can't get the vibration working and by running CP oir the launcher through steam I can't get the right icons, even though a game I bought through steam is correctly detecting that I am using a DS4.

Done experimenting for the day but this is a bit of a farce to say the least.

(Side note: I can get the correct icons when using the controller wired without any fiddling but didn't notice if the vibration worked. Will try that tomorrow.)

I'm at a loss. PS4 Controller works on GOG PC version of cyberpunk, but has no vibration/rumble feedback.

So I added the game over on steam as a non steam game, controller vibrates but is recognized as a Xbox controller (xbox button prompts) and can't for the life of me get it to be seen as a PS4 controller.

How do I get controller vibration on PC with a PS4 controller. Anyone had any luck? Banging my head against this problem for 2 hours.

I've just posted a quick workaround on Steam's community hub on how to get vibration + PS prompts and wanted to share this here as well since I've been following this thread for a solution for days too
Hope this'll help y'all, enjoy :p

DualSense (ps5) gamepad isn't recognized as a playstation controller and shows Xbox buttons (tried the fix above) when using steam input.
Please add support for dualsense or permit us to switch prompt in UI.

FIY : When deactivating steam support and using DS4Windows with forced dualshock4 emulation, button prompt are correct but viration won't work.

For anyone looking for DS4 rumble support AND GOG Galaxy to cloud sync and track your game time, only solution I have found is to add the game to Steam via the EXE (set up DS4 support in Steam of course), launch it and then quickly launch it again from GOG. The game will launch two versions, press the Windows key and close the second one via the X from the taskbar and go back to the first. GOG will still think the game is running and track playtime, and when you do quit the game it will cloud sync and update your playtime. Annoying but it works.

Still an issue in 2024, with patch 2.11, no option yet to manually adjust without downloads mods etc.

Top Bottom