No walking. No NORMAL evade.

+
Who? Please, tell me, WHO has made a decision double tap evade is a good idea? :D
I want do two short steps forward (because kb+mouse don't have walking mode) - guess what? I just evade at forward direction.
I want evade at running direction (in arena battle for example) - so i need to release the button (and stop running). So i need stop running if i want to evade. That's weird.

And of course no walking mode =( That's too bad for immersion. No immersion is too bad for RPG and open world games.

i just think this game is awesome, but some input details ruins game experience.

Guest 4060800

Yup. I keep falling to my death when I try to carefully approach the edge to an abyss. At least dodge forward is a complete and utter no-go with double-tap.

However, you can change this through the files manually or by using a mod from nexusmods:

I hope they will considerably improve upon this. It's hard not to turn sour on consoles again... I think it's always the same with game development: due to time constraints they decide to go for the smallest common denominator - the gamepad. There's nothing a gamepad can do that a keyboard+mouse combo can't. Some might say analog joystick input, but even that got completely vanquished with the introduction of the Wooting keyboards (the Wooting Two HE with Hall Effect sensors being on the horizon). Tho I have yet to see any game developer to fully support analog keyboards natively - so far we're thrown into hacking our way around switching different profiles and using xinput to emulate a gamepad.

So they skip essential controls like walking and take a huge dump on all the PC gamers, sadly. I'm pretty sure it will come in a future patch, but that doesn't help with not being deeply disappointed every time a game launches for consoles and PC, making the bad impact of console development on our platform overly apparent. Over and over again. It's just sad.

Double-tap the alt key to holster your weapon? Double-tap with my thumb below my palm? I already created so many macros for CP2077 on my Swiftpoint Z (mouse) it kinda starts to get funny :LOL:

Too bad the game doesn't register very short key presses sometimes. I'll probably have to change "tap + wait + tap" into "down + wait + up + wait + down + wait + up" to sheathe my weapon.

I think it's an armutszeugnis when players have to revert to reprogramming their input devices just to make a game work. Hope (and kinda expect) they will put some more time down on improving this :)

Hello friends. Have a gander at this thread.

Nero2708 has been nice enough to come up with a solution to add a walking modifier. It's not the best as you start moving slowly once the key is pressed and have to use "W" at the same time...also don't look down at your legs while walking as it looks ridiculous. It's a temp solution you can use until CDPR actually graces us with a real toggle.

This is sad, cause walking in that kind of game is essential!
You have to take the time to stare at the work that have been down, enjoy the atmosphere created...
But on pc there are always devs to forget about it...
Funny you can walk in Fallout 76 and you can even disable the gamepad, everything is not always all bad...

Still no dash by one button.
Still need to redact files.
Looks like they never plays by Keyboard in fact.
USUAL PC INPUT METHOD.
Genius.

How is this still not fixed. And now with 1.3 all mods that fix this are also broken. How is it that in 2021 we can not have a dedicated dodge button. Adding this to a game should not require a mod in the first place.

Yeah. But you need to do it after every patch. I know CP77 don't have many of them, but it still really awful.)

You don't.. Set it to read only. I also keep a backup incase I completely brick my installation and forget something when re-installing.

You don't.. Set it to read only. I also keep a backup incase I completely brick my installation and forget something when re-installing.
Not helps. Really. Two times.
Maybe my GOG found some way to recover files during update installation :D I don't know.
But it's not the problem.
The problem is that not in-game feature added by devs.( I hope "yet".

Top Bottom