No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
One of the reviewers who has already played the game claims that on PC you don't have a toggle walk button, so you're forced to run around all the time. Is this true? Does CDPR intend to address this so PC players can have a more immersive experience?

Ramzah

Forum regular
One of the reviewers who has already played the game claims that on PC you don't have a toggle walk button, so you're forced to run around all the time. Is this true? Does CDPR intend to address this so PC players can have a more immersive experience?
The game isn't even "officially" out yet. Wait for day 1 patch and see.

Guest 4318427

In the YongYea review? I also took notice of that.

But he also said he couldn't remap the dodge keys (double tap direction keys) and it hindered his stealth gameplay. Yet, in another review (IGN I think) they also mentioned that issue but were able to rebind the keys to something else. Leading me to believe that YongYea probably just missed the remapping option for this and the keybind for walk/run toggle.

EDIT: There was also specific mention from other reviewers (LastKnownMeal and NeonArcade) who also played on PC, of them "WALKING around Night City". So I'm sure it's in there.

I hope they fix this if it's true, not have a toggle walk button when even TW3 had it it's crazy

RDR2 used to drive me absolute nuts with difficulty of walking in first person (while 3rd person had it by default). I EVENTUALLY, like after 6 months, found how to walk in first person, but it still isn't great as then running is completely ***ed up. (have to double tap forward instead of having a button like shift. This means I regularly start running by accident)

mouse + keyboard for a game like this? seems like a controller would be more fun... since theres no multiplayer, m+k is only necessary for speedruns

have to double tap forward instead of having a button like shift. This means I regularly start running by accident

its really not that confusing lol, try playing RTS games with 50+ hotkeys all with different functions

a 2 letter response with no context explaining your opinion, thats really useful to supporting your argument lol

what is more fun about m+k? the only benefit is that m+k is easier and more precise, but its also kinda boring to use mk in a driving and shooting game (especially single player ones) lol

what else is there?

controllers are more FUN because they actually add challenge... its fun pulling triggers and the PS5 dualsense haptic feedback also would be very cool for a game like this, its not fun using a mouse to "point and click" instead of actually challenging yourself to aim with a controller... if you have to rely on a mouse just to be accurate in a FPS then maybe you could practice more, but I personally have played enough games to realize that mouse aiming is only important in competitive multiplayer games, not single player RPGs and especially not in driving games

I can also sit back and relax on my couch in front of my big screen, without hunching over a desk :p

Opinions don't need argumentation
nice way of avoiding understanding the answer to the question you asked me... lol

Last edited:
Gamepad is good for fifa
you must not play many games if you think fifas the only one thats good with a gamepad :shrug:

do people not understand that driving with a keyboard negates the ability to make precise turns? and that triggers are more realistic than pointing and clicking with a mouse?

you must not play many games if you think fifas the only one thats good with a gamepad :shrug:

do people not understand that driving with a keyboard negates the ability to make precise turns? and that triggers are more realistic than pointing and clicking with a mouse?
I am 36, I've played enough games to state that I lose less when driving with keyboard than when aiming with gamepad.

I lose less when driving with keyboard than when aiming with gamepad
thats exactly what I said, I already said "m+k is easier" but i also said "m+k is boring"

controllers are more FUN because they actually add challenge
I never said controllers are superior I said they are more FUN and CHALLENGING ... apparently people dont care about that

remember: this is a single player RPG, not a competitive multiplayer game
No actual enthusiast plays on PC with a controller.
man thats some elitist beliefs you have... lol

I only use m+k in competitive multiplayer games, but when I play single player story driven games? I prefer controllers cause they are more FUN

I didn't say anything about being boring neither about being easier
umm yes, you did say that you lose less with keyboard... BECAUSE ITS EASIER DUHHHH lmao
I lose less when driving with keyboard than when aiming with gamepad.
controllers still more fun :) and this is a single player game, not a competitive multiplayer game, Im sure it wont be very challenging to shoot NPCs which is why the added challenge of a controller will increase the fun for me

mouse + keyboard for a game like this? seems like a controller would be more fun... since theres no multiplayer, m+k is only necessary for speedruns

its really not that confusing lol, try playing RTS games with 50+ hotkeys all with different functions

enjoy missing and being slow to react and generally being very sluggish. "muh controller is better"=console player's sour grapes for not being able to use keyboard and mouse
Post automatically merged:

umm yes, you did say that you lose less with keyboard... BECAUSE ITS EASIER DUHHHH lmao

controllers still more fun :) and this is a single player game, not a competitive multiplayer game, Im sure it wont be very challenging to shoot NPCs which is why the added challenge of a controller will increase the fun for me

yeah and if you cut off a few fingers it'll be even more difficult. what's the point of using an inferior option when a superior one exists? controllers have zero advantages, only disadvantages

I remind people that the topic is being able to walk on PC. I do it before a mod comes in and says so.

I would love to have some confirmation that walking is indeed possible on PC keyboard/mouse. Because it would be a gigantic immersionbreak if it isnt.

"muh controller is better"=console player's sour grapes for not being able to use keyboard and mouse
I dont understand what that jibberish means bro, I have a PC and I will not play CP77 on console... I have the option of using m+k and a controller :) and you seem to have ignored my statement about playing RTS games lol

what's the point of using an inferior option when a superior one exists?
man you guys seem like this is so difficult to comprehend... look if u prefer the simple dull keyboard thats fine, go ahead and enjoy it, but I dont need a handicap to play a single player game, I only rely on m+k in multiplayer gaming to get that extra advantage

if you cant understand how a controller is more fun because of how triggers are more realistic, then thats your loss, but pointing and clicking is not my idea of fun in an open world game like this

Last edited:
Top Bottom