No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
As excited I am about the game (been waiting 7 years) I really can't believe there isn't a walk button (hold and toggle) so that we can have the slow walk, the default faster one, and then the sprint run.

It would be nice if you could even adjust the actual walk speed on a slider in the gameplay settings like some other things as well.

Wow, yup. This seems to be missing.

I have a controller right next to me, so for the occasional walk I can just use that (one hand on the movement thumbstick, the other on the mouse; weird!)... Still, it seems like such a simple thing.

I do imagine CDPR will be post-release patching week by week... hopefully, at least. And hopefully such things will be easy to implement and delivered quickly enough.

No Walk option is a game breaking feature, i begin the game at running through an office were everyone is casually walking around normally, this is NOT Immersive! CDPR you FUCKED UP! I am a pc player and will NEVER use a controller, period, its either add a walk key or i refund, can not play this, its currently a game for 12 year olds with no patience, not for adults. I love your work on your Witcher series (though movement is not your strongest case there either) and i have been waiting 4 active years for this title, only for it to be a massive letdown because of one so tiny but huge issue.

I would hope you fix this, but not holding my breath.

Best regards

Last edited:
God, please yes! I need my walking too. I also don't understand why it's missing at first place. For now I will occasionally use my controller for a walk, but it really have to be an option for mouse & keyboard only too! Please CDPR

Yes, please add a walk function. It would be perfect if you could use the mouse wheel as a "step-up, step-down" for movement speed aka like Star Citizen works. Hell, I wish all PC FPS would do that. But at the bare minimum at least a toggle would be wonderful.

Such a small thing, but the most disappointing thing about this game. Did not see that coming lol

Guys. I can't believe they didn't add the walking toggle. This is so stupid how can you not add a walk toggle to an
'RPG' this is literally THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD HAVE ADDED. SERIOUSLY. HOW LONG CAN IT TAKE TO CODE A WALKING TOGGLE, 1 HOUR? 2 HOURS? WHY IS IT NOT IN THE GAME!?!?!!?! Literally ruined my game to the point where I can't play.

I went into game configs but there is no separation between running/walking config variables so it's all mapped to the same value or so it seems so when changing it to half my running is now slow as fuck in fact it doesnt even work. Also the game crashed and I couldn't run anymore for some reason. Idk this is the first thing I found after digging around for few minutes. I'll try to fix it somehow later.

God damn it how can a triple A game not add a walking toggle to PC... Like seriously?

Anyway if you want to walk go to Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config and then change the inputUserMappings file

<mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_W" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-1.0" overridableUI="back"/>
</mapping>

change this section to what I have here to 0.5 or whatever. That's pretty useless however because it disables your sprint...... ....

Pls just give me a walking toggle I beg you.

This.
I was looking though settings and than I realized we are fcked. KB+M does not have any kind of walk option. WTF?
So yeah please I know you working on fixing bugs but please add option to this. Thanks

Guys I figured it out (Narrator voice: He did not figure it out). I know how to create a walking toggle. I'll link in a second just testing.

Also I see SunnyTheCat liked my post. Sorry didn't mean to come off as negative I absolutely love this game best game I ever played for sure but walking toggle is crucial for me because I really want to enjoy this game world to the fullest.

Last edited:
Hey, I like the game. But it's unplayable without a walking toggle for a roleplaying player like me. It's a master piece but not including a walking toggle is so disappointing I literally couldn't play it. I want to enjoy it properly so I was digging around in files and found a workaround.

Go into this folder in your Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config and add this to your config InputUserMappings
<button id="IK_LShift" val="1.5" overridableUI="forward"/>

and change the <button id="IK_W" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>

to

0.6 or something

Not really a solution see below.

Last edited:
Hey, I like the game. But it's unplayable without a walking toggle for a roleplaying player like me. It's a master piece but not including a walking toggle is so disappointing I literally couldn't play it. I want to enjoy it properly so I was digging around in files and found a workaround.

Go into this folder in your Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config and add this to your config InputUserMappings

to

0.6 or something

What exactly is the result?

to

0.6 or something
As NChabb asked, what does this achieve exactly?

As a side note, I want a K+M walk toggle too but holy crap some of you are overly aggressive and need to calm the hell down.

As NChabb asked, what does this achieve exactly?

As a side note, I want a K+M walk toggle too but holy crap some of you are overly aggressive and need to calm the hell down.

What exactly is the result?

Well actually not much, I am just testing it.

It just remaps the sprint key to walk and gives it higher speed then makes default walking itself slower. Basically makes your default speed into walking. But it removes sprint from the game idk how to fix it.

I'm trying so hard. I want to play this god damn game I took my holiday for this. I love it. But I refuse to play it without a walking toggle.

In that config you set the W key to like half the speed 0.5 and then add another key mapped to walking and give it like 5.0 speed (though I think its capped - Why btw? Why cap anything uncap it for modders cdprj pls). So might as well put it at 1.0 because I think thats the maximum. So it would look like something like this:

<button id="IK_W" val="0.6" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_LShift" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-0.6" overridableUI="back"/>
</mapping>

The end result is you walk by default slowly and run when you press shift. Though you no longer have sprint. So I guess it doesn't really solve anything.

I guess I'll just keep trying. Would help if we knew what kind of options we can pass through here.

You also have to remap the A/D keys to the same value or you'll move sideways faster.

So close. This could have worked. But the default jog speed are capped it seems. It doesn't increase the speed above the maximum value which I think is 1.0. Shame.

Also I figured out how to keep the shift key working with sprint working and the walking speed being slow by default which is basically what we all want but it was too good to be true because there is a problem. It doesn't work properly because the sprint only activates when you run sideways for some reason (Lmao) no idea why or how to fix it. But I'll keep trying. Though the thing I posted above is the closest I got to making a workable running toggle so far.

Well actually not much, I am just testing it.

It just remaps the sprint key to walk and gives it higher speed then makes default walking itself slower. Basically makes your default speed into walking. But it removes sprint from the game idk how to fix it.

I'm trying so hard. I want to play this god damn game I took my holiday for this. I love it. But I refuse to play it without a walking toggle.

In that config you set the W key to like half the speed 0.5 and then add another key mapped to walking and give it like 5.0 speed (though I think its capped - Why btw? Why cap anything uncap it for modders cdprj pls). So might as well put it at 1.0 because I think thats the maximum. So it would look like something like this:

<button id="IK_W" val="0.6" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_LShift" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-0.6" overridableUI="back"/>
</mapping>

The end result is you walk by default slowly and run when you press shift. Though you no longer have sprint. So I guess it doesn't really solve anything.

I guess I'll just keep trying. Would help if we knew what kind of options we can pass through here.

You also have to remap the A/D keys to the same value or you'll move sideways faster.

So close. This could have worked. But the default jog speed are capped it seems. It doesn't increase the speed above the maximum value which I think is 1.0. Shame.

Yeah, unfortunately removing sprint isn't much of a work around since it's so necessary.

A+ for effort though. Good solution oriented thinking. Forums need more of you.

Top Bottom