No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
I've yet to see anything from devs on the forums. They've gone silent. Only moderators consolidating threads and redirecting people to support here.

To be honest, if I was CDPR, Id let the devs rest over christmas... Except maybe the pickup quest bug which prevents people from progressing. That should be fixed asap.

ps. My experience regarding performance improved considerably once I switched off RTS and lowered crowd density (from the gameplay settings)..

Does this mess with your sprinting capabilites? A post in this thread mentioned they tried this and they couldn't sprint anymore...
Yes unfortunately it does
O well it was worth a try maybe i can live without sprinting we see
Post automatically merged:

Does this mess with your sprinting capabilites? A post in this thread mentioned they tried this and they couldn't sprint anymore...
Yes unfortunately it does
O well it was worth a try maybe i can live without sprinting we see

To be honest, if I was CDPR, Id let the devs rest over christmas... Except maybe the pickup quest bug which prevents people from progressing. That should be fixed asap.

ps. My experience regarding performance improved considerably once I switched off RTS and lowered crowd density (from the gameplay settings)..

What is your system specs? didn't you acquire a RTX 3070? or are you cpu bound? what is your system resolution? ram?

I've been trying to improve the solution proposed before, this is what I'm using:

<mapping name="LeftX_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisX" />
<button id="IK_A" val="-1.0" overridableUI="left"/>
<button id="IK_D" val="1.0" overridableUI="right"/>
<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.0" overridableUI="MoveX"/>
</mapping>

<mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_W" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-1.0" overridableUI="back"/>
<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.0" overridableUI="MoveY"/>
</mapping>

Notice I added 2 lines on each mapping container for each axis.

This will give you 0.5 units/s speed while going straight ⭡ ⭣ ⭠ ⭢ , but you go slightly faster (I believe at 0.707 units/s speed) while going diagonally ⭦ ⭧ ⭨ ⭩ .
This is because the point (0.5 , 0.5) is at 0.707 units from (0,0).

I prefer this over just 0.6 speed when going forward, but its slightly too slow to be comfortable (and too fast when going diagonally)

We're now 8 pages into this thread. Some acknowledgement from the devs would be nice.
I'm sure they've seen it if not another thread/post about the same thing, doesn't mean they're going to respond. Could be for PR/community relations reasons that a dev hasn't responded, but I'd bet they've seen it.

That said I do want to add my name to the list for a walk toggle button. Its pretty annoying when I keep jogging ahead of the NPC i'm supposed to be following unless I tap 'W' over and over to walk slow.

Now that I've played a bit more, I have noticed that you're forced into a walking speed at certain points of the game while following an NPC and it immediatly feels right. Then of course when the dialogue is finished, you go right back to jogging. It's almost like the game is laughing at me!

Day one patch is here and still no walk function. Cmon CDprojekt, add it already! The character walks if you hold block so it shouldn't be hard to implement.

Look at Assassin's Creed Odyssey. They even let you choose a 6 different speeds of walking pace after your own preference.
Walking is a must have, because there is literally nothing as immersive breaking as having to run everywhere at all time.
I was in a mission yesterday, and was supposed to try and act normal and blend in. I tried to sidestep next to a dresser, and instead i semi climbed it and made a mess of some frames etc on said dresser.

It´s like asking James Bond to infiltrate something with roller-skates on and after pounding a bottle of Whiskey.

The character is capable of walking even now, but you have to be behind someone in a walking pace and then you do the same. So it´s not like walking is non existent.

Please CDPR, this constant running is just not an enjoying forced aspect in any way. You just feel weird, unfocused and clumsy.

idk who said you can't walk. just don't hold down the SHIFT key, you'll walk
That's not walking, it's like jogging or speed walking. Walk is like follow behind NPC at the same speed.

On keyboard I'm like a person dashing through late to work.

One of the reviewers who has already played the game claims that on PC you don't have a toggle walk button, so you're forced to run around all the time. Is this true? Does CDPR intend to address this so PC players can have a more immersive experience?
I'm walking holding right mouse button.
It will be zoom it, but is the only way that I know until now =)

Last edited:
So this was in the official guidebook: https://i.redd.it/uztgzbah9t461.jpg

It might explain why mouse and keyboard controls are awful.
Wow, it is intented...
But that doesn't surprise me, PC control optimization is allways a struggle because you have so much keys on a keyboard and so much ways to bind it that players won't often be able to apply their preferences.
Then i always said that the keyboard is an anomaly choice, it's wrong for gaming in fps or tps and it is only surviving because its best friend is the mouse you can't argue with yet for aiming purposes.

I use a ps3 move with multibuttons mouse combo and xpadder, for this game and the lack of virtual input and walking i had to switch to reWASD and think reversed, emulating a gamepad with my inputs, ps3 move and mouse.
Aiming is not the same and controls not that good in vehicules, accelerating with right clic is weird but that'll do till they patch the whole control things on PC.
If only i could disable the UI switching between gamepad and KBM i would go full hybrid, just putting the aim for the real mouse, buttons and left stick on gamepad mode.

So this was in the official guidebook: https://i.redd.it/uztgzbah9t461.jpg

It might explain why mouse and keyboard controls are awful.

Absolutely disappointing.

I would have expected such treatment from Ubisoft or EA or any other AAA company that spills console ports on PC.

But CD Red, in 2020, after such a great history with us, PC gamers...

Mouse acceleration, no proper support for M /KB, no proper keybinding, no quality of life specific setting for PC, horrendous performance on all systems...

Just... no words.

EDIT

Even Hideo Kojima's game - with so little history on PC - has a stellar PC game in Death Stranding.

• raw mouse input
• keybinding at will
• multiple levels of walk speed (this feature is inlcuded even in latest Assassin's Creed games and should be in ALL PC games - can you believe that Ubisoft actually learned?!)
• toggle walk
• gorgeous game with splendid optimization

Last edited:
Top Bottom