No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+

there is a workaround.
They must add this in game, why am I forced to tweak all this stuff by config?

Please like and spread my basic PC input list

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ke7ppl

The actual fuck

This is insulting indeed

Might as well give future CDPR games flat pass.
(n)
I will not go that far. But I damn sure will not buy any DLC unless they at least add toggle ADS and a walk ability. The only thing we have, as customers, to influence this type of decision making is our wallet.

I can't play with controllers. I don't play on consoles - pc gamer through and through.

I hate that games are made with controllers first mindset. This game shines on PC, but the controls are focused on console.
Mouse and keyboard will always be a superior HID. There is a reason controllers need aim-assist to work at all.

(I turned off aim-assist in my settings - have no idea if it does anything without a controller anyway).
But in the settings, they show a big ass Xbox controller in one of the screens... I figured that was a bug.

I can't play with controllers. I don't play on consoles - pc gamer through and through.

I hate that games are made with controllers first mindset. This game shines on PC, but the controls are focused on console.
Mouse and keyboard will always be a superior HID. There is a reason controllers need aim-assist to work at all.

(I turned off aim-assist in my settings - have no idea if it does anything without a controller anyway).
But in the settings, they show a big ass Xbox controller in one of the screens... I figured that was a bug.
Until you figure out you can replace the keygoard with half a controler, playing with ps3 move and a multibutton mouse here.

So on one hand this game was primarily developed with (last gen) consoles and controller in mind, but runs absolutely terrible on said consoles, however it runs better (by no means good) on PC, but PC's control scheme is neglected?
What a twisted world.

At least they replied and confirmed to YongYea on Twitter that they will deliver a Walk Toggle/Hold later down the line for PC.

Besides: how can they recommend a controller for a shooter? I've never read such recommendations (probably because the last time I had a booklet in my hand was somewhen in the late 90s and early 2000s).

NO SPOILERS!

CDPR, seriously. I played yesterday in some somewhat important missions, and this bloody run everywhere is ruining everything. A stealth based play-through is near impossible due to the idiotic " maneuverability " where you are constantly sliding around, running over tables, crashing into shelves etc and making more of a mess than a horde of bulls in a warehouse of China shops.

A walk feature cannot be much of an update to add really. We already walk while behind some NPC´s, so the speed is already in the code.

So on one hand this game was primarily developed with (last gen) consoles and controller in mind, but runs absolutely terrible on said consoles, however it runs better (by no means good) on PC, but PC's control scheme is neglected?
What a twisted world.

At least they replied and confirmed to YongYea on Twitter that they will deliver a Walk Toggle/Hold later down the line for PC.

Besides: how can they recommend a controller for a shooter? I've never read such recommendations (probably because the last time I had a booklet in my hand was somewhen in the late 90s and early 2000s).

You might want to re-read that twitter reply. That is not a confirmation nor comittment to add it. What he wrote is:

"PS. We'll try to add toggle walk option for K+M, fair point :). "

You have to parse everything like a lawyer with these guys. "We'll try" can easily mean "We tried and didn't succeed. Sorry".

The controls on pc are perfectly okay. At no point in my 100 hours of gameplay did I think the game was meant for a controller. Considering I sprint everywhere being forced to walk when following quest NPC's is more a nuisance than a desired feature for me. There isn't a single keybind by default that I thought needed to be different or was oddly out of place.

I feel other areas of the game were heavily underdeveloped and would rather see focus on core gameplay elements like quests and the fact that the endgame is completely hollow and lonely

I'm playing on PC, with mouse and keyboard, I have to hit shift to run otherwise I'm walking, what is everyone talking about? m+k control is fine on foot, in combat, and driving, only gripes I have is that tapping c is both how you (un)crouch and also skip dialogue so when I'm sneaking up on a potential threat and they start dialogue I'm stuck crouching through it (or accidentally skip an opening line).

I'm playing on PC, with mouse and keyboard, I have to hit shift to run otherwise I'm walking, what is everyone talking about?

That's jogging, not walking. On consoles, you can walk, jog and run, but on PC you only have jogging and running with the default-settings.
Post automatically merged:

The controls on pc are perfectly okay. At no point in my 100 hours of gameplay did I think the game was meant for a controller.

You never noticed how you have to use MMB to unequip items, Z to disassemble, arrow-keys to select the quantity of items but then TAB-key to confirm in some places, in other places Enter and so on? If you didn't, your observational skills may need some work.

That's jogging, not walking. On consoles, you can walk, jog and run, but on PC you only have jogging and running with the default-settings.
Post automatically merged:

You never noticed how you have to use MMB to unequip items, Z to disassemble, arrow-keys to select the quantity of items but then TAB-key to confirm in some places, in other places Enter and so on? If you didn't, your observational skills may need some work.
ohhhh, you and I are never gonna see eye to eye on this...the forced slow walking (combined with the game stealing control several times for no real reason) in Witcher 3 made me rage quit 23 minutes in. But if they give it a dedicated button to trigger wading through a swamp mode I hope you get what you want.

As far as your other point, I feel like giving keyboard shortcuts rather than require clicking implies design for m+k not like it was designed for controller with m+k as an after thought, but if you could elaborate maybe there is something I'm just not seeing.

Top Bottom