No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
Mouse and keyboard controls aren't consistent and don't offer the functionality or customization that should be baseline. Why make us mess with .ini files for imperfect solutions when sliders are included for other control responses? You want your base movement to be mach 4, fine, you want swamp legs, fine, you want to match npc walk rate, fine.

ohhhh, you and I are never gonna see eye to eye on this...the forced slow walking (combined with the game stealing control several times for no real reason) in Witcher 3 made me rage quit 23 minutes in.

I have not seen literally a single person asking for walking to be forced on players, so I have no idea why you're bringing it up. People are asking for the option to walk, when they wish to.

As far as your other point, I feel like giving keyboard shortcuts rather than require clicking implies design for m+k not like it was designed for controller with m+k as an after thought, but if you could elaborate maybe there is something I'm just not seeing.

You completely missed the point. The point was the inconsistency of the controls.

I have not seen literally a single person asking for walking to be forced on players, so I have no idea why you're bringing it up. People are asking for the option to walk, when they wish to.
And I said I hoped you get it. If it is optional (like when I said using a button to engage it), then we both get what we want, you to be able to stroll and me to not.

I'm playing on PC, with mouse and keyboard, I have to hit shift to run otherwise I'm walking, what is everyone talking about? m+k control is fine on foot, in combat, and driving, only gripes I have is that tapping c is both how you (un)crouch and also skip dialogue so when I'm sneaking up on a potential threat and they start dialogue I'm stuck crouching through it (or accidentally skip an opening line).

No you do not walk. You never wondered why you move 2X as fast as everyone else? Look down on your shadow while " walking ".

As for skipping dialogue button, remap it to §

One of the reviewers who has already played the game claims that on PC you don't have a toggle walk button, so you're forced to run around all the time. Is this true? Does CDPR intend to address this so PC players can have a more immersive experience?
They should but in nexus or if they do not leave it there because they throw it away, in any other forum there are already a couple of modifications for this, in addition to modifications for the shader and retexturizing ... we talk about PC careful

op there the example and there are no really useful tools yet, if the company wanted to, the community would have already made a lot of additions to the game, the original programmers dnt need to worry about this, but if they do... hehe, they may have a console fire in front of the offices so we will have to have a little more patience

Double tap on forward dodge messes up keyboard users as well (honestly... when is anyone going to want to dodge forward into an enemy?), combined with no ability to walk... can't count the amount of times where I dodged forward before a grab, and spoiled the stealth take down move only to be flatlined by a hornet's nest of enemies.

Star Citizen handles walking in a super flexible way with the scroll wheel. Speeds from running to a slow saunter are possible and it's nice to 'set it and forget it' when sightseeing. Edit: this could also of course be used for vehicle speed.

Last edited:
thats exactly what I said, I already said "m+k is easier" but i also said "m+k is boring"

I never said controllers are superior I said they are more FUN and CHALLENGING ... apparently people dont care about that

remember: this is a single player RPG, not a competitive multiplayer game

man thats some elitist beliefs you have... lol

I only use m+k in competitive multiplayer games, but when I play single player story driven games? I prefer controllers cause they are more FUN

"
I never said controllers are superior I said they are more FUN and CHALLENGING ... apparently people dont care about that

remember: this is a single player RPG, not a competitive multiplayer game " --> NOT FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keyboard and mouse, YES!

Skipping dialogue button is a needed remap. No idea why it overlaps with crouching as default.
If walking isn't added, I'd get a mod that does it.Game even grants you perfect walking speed when following NPCs sometimes. Shoulda just used that speed and bind it to some key. Or let us bind it ourselves.

Waiting for the last patch to have xpadder working and with this i'm good.
I'm using a ps3 move with a multibutton mouse so i can have analog walking and driving plus aiming with the mouse.
Enjoying the fights MKB versus Gamepad when you can just use best of both...
People are just too stubborn and not enough imaginative this days.

For walk toggle I've used this mod E to Interact - V to Walk and Drive - Dedicated Dodge - Dialogue Scroll together with some changes in Corsair iCUE programmable keyboard. This mod also has very good driving gearing at slower speeds.

I have set up 2 profiles with Corsair iCUE (walk, & jog).

So I can choose the appropriate profile depending if I am in combat (jog) just sight seeing (walk).

In the walk profile, WASD are remapped in iCUE to YGHJ so they are dedicated walk keys in this mode. Also pressing SHIFT switches the profile to the jog profile.

In the jog profile, the SHIFT is not rebound so makes you sprint as normal, but pressing CONTROL switches profile back to walk.

Then together with this tip
to reduce the steering range a little (I use +/- 0.65) the steering is a little better, but still twitchy.

Last edited:
Why the constant argument on mouse and keyboard or controller?
Point of the thread is for mouse and keyboard....so how about let´s just keep with the topic and the issue at hand.

Still no walk toggle, and it´s really annoying. Ever tried sneaking in a mission only to end up slamming down everything on a dresser, or double stepping your way half way into a crowd of enemies?

CDPR.... is this feature really that demanding to hot fix in?

You never noticed how you have to use MMB to unequip items, Z to disassemble, arrow-keys to select the quantity of items but then TAB-key to confirm in some places, in other places Enter and so on? If you didn't, your observational skills may need some work.
MMB isn't a hard button to use though. Unless you are playing with a magic mouse but I suspect bad controls would be the least of your problems in that case. Z requires me to move one finger down just a single key and is a fairly normal key to use even in fast-paced FPS games which the menu of this game is not. The arrow keys are slightly awkward but they are probably not the primary intended way to change how many of an item you are buying/selling since the UI has a slider that you can drag or arrows you can click and a confirm button that can be used with TAB or just by clicking.

It kinda just sounds like you see a keyboard as a maze that is hardly navigable and not the very intuitive device it really is.

I was able to rebind from arrows to WASD for UI menus which is an improvement. Still baffled by MMB for unequip...

As excited I am about the game (been waiting 7 years) I really can't believe there isn't a walk button (hold and toggle) so that we can have the slow walk, the default faster one, and then the sprint run.

It would be nice if you could even adjust the actual walk speed on a slider in the gameplay settings like some other things as well.
Hi. I found a way to walk by holstering your gun (double tap Alt) then zoom in with the mouse right click button like you're aiming. Works well. I hope this helps.

Top Bottom