No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
I've been trying to improve the solution proposed before, this is what I'm using:

<mapping name="LeftX_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisX" />
<button id="IK_A" val="-1.0" overridableUI="left"/>
<button id="IK_D" val="1.0" overridableUI="right"/>
<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.0" overridableUI="MoveX"/>
</mapping>

<mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_W" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-1.0" overridableUI="back"/>
<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.0" overridableUI="MoveY"/>
</mapping>

Notice I added 2 lines on each mapping container for each axis.

This will give you 0.5 units/s speed while going straight ⭡ ⭣ ⭠ ⭢ , but you go slightly faster (I believe at 0.707 units/s speed) while going diagonally ⭦ ⭧ ⭨ ⭩ .
This is because the point (0.5 , 0.5) is at 0.707 units from (0,0).

I prefer this over just 0.6 speed when going forward, but its slightly too slow to be comfortable (and too fast when going diagonally)
I was hoping that version 1.05 would solve the problem with not being able to walk, but it didn't happen:sad:
Maybe this will help someone. Slightly modified the above option. Thank you adsl97!

Open the file "inputUserMappings" (for example, using Notepad) which is located in the game folder (Cyberpunk 2077 > r6 > config). At the very beginning of the file there are two paragraphs that need to be edited.

<mapping name="LeftX_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisX" />
<button id="IK_LShift" val="0.0" overridableUI="MoveX"/>
<button id="IK_A" val="-1.2" overridableUI="left"/>
<button id="IK_D" val="1.2" overridableUI="right"/>
<button id="IK_W" val="0.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="0.0" overridableUI="back"/>
</mapping>

<mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_LShift" val="0.0" overridableUI="MoveY"/>
<button id="IK_W" val="1.2" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-1.2" overridableUI="back"/>
<button id="IK_A" val="0.0" overridableUI="left"/>
<button id="IK_D" val="0.0" overridableUI="right"/>
</mapping>

With these changes, you can move at a speed of 60% of the original speed (it seems that NPCs move at this speed in the game). Also solved the problem with accelerated movement on the diagonal, the speed is slightly lower, but very close to 60%. If you want to walk faster, put 1.3 or 1.4 instead of 1.2.
For the walk key, I use "LShift", You can specify any, but make sure that in the game settings it is not assigned an action.

And I'm sorry for my terrible English.

Double tap on forward dodge messes up keyboard users as well (honestly... when is anyone going to want to dodge forward into an enemy?)

Draw katana [==|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
Charge heavy attack...
>>> Dodge forward into enemy >>>
\\\ Stabbity Stab Stab \\\
<<< Dodge backward like a freak <<<

rinse repeat

In all seriousness, dodging into enemies while attacking is risky, but sometimes it messes up the timing of their blocks.
But yeah, it's a borderline suicidal move.
Fun though.

It's annoying when I am following behind an NPC on a mission and there is this auto walk detection, but it doesn't work 100%, so I keep charging past the NPC, and then the NPC has to pause so I can get back behind them. This would be avoided if I could just manually hold a key to walk myself....

Please please and please implement a "walk" button. This game should be so immersive. I don't want to run all the time.
Post automatically merged:

For all who can't wait:

Last edited:
I guess most have figured it out by now, but walking mode is a hold function rather than a toggle, just like in some of their other games, and it’s unfortunately hard-bound to the same button as quick-zoom. It probably has something to do with aiming down sights. Anyway, you can walk without a controller or a mod, it’s just a little bit... different 😉 ;)

On the side topic of dodging into enemies, it seems to be very useful when blocking to execute an aggressive shove that will leave them wide open to V’s mean right hook 😏:sneaky:

I don't understand this request. By default, do you not walk? Or is walking too fast for some people? Pressing W key makes you walk forward and then you use the mouse to control direction. Hit the Shift key (no need to hold it) and you start running. If you want to move carefully, you can Crouch-Walk. I have the Crouch toggle assigned to the first Side Button on the Mouse. The C key remains for Closing and Exiting. There is no interference between these two functions with this configuration.

So, basically, isn't Crouch-Walking basically walking more slowly and more carefully?

I don't understand this request. By default, do you not walk? Or is walking too fast for some people? Pressing W key makes you walk forward and then you use the mouse to control direction. Hit the Shift key (no need to hold it) and you start running. If you want to move carefully, you can Crouch-Walk. I have the Crouch toggle assigned to the first Side Button on the Mouse. The C key remains for Closing and Exiting. There is no interference between these two functions with this configuration.

So, basically, isn't Crouch-Walking basically walking more slowly and more carefully?
W is running. Shift key toggles sprinting. C toggles crouching. None of this is walking.

I don't understand this request. By default, do you not walk?

No, you do not. You can see this if you look at your feet. YOU RUN. Everywhere.

Its unbelievable that in certain cutscenes where you are supposed to follow someone, you walk, but not elsewhere. And even that gets messed up if you stray too far from the person you are supposed to be following.

You can SORT OF walk if you hold rightclick (zoom) but WHY IN THE HELL IS IT TIED TO THIS? It took me 105 hours to even learn of this since zooming is not really something I associate with walking. Why can't we walk by default and hold a button to run like 80% of all other RPGs?

No, you do not. You can see this if you look at your feet. YOU RUN. Everywhere.

Its unbelievable that in certain cutscenes where you are supposed to follow someone, you walk, but not elsewhere. And even that gets messed up if you stray too far from the person you are supposed to be following.

You can SORT OF walk if you hold rightclick (zoom) but WHY IN THE HELL IS IT TIED TO THIS? It took me 105 hours to even learn of this since zooming is not really something I associate with walking. Why can't we walk by default and hold a button to run like 80% of all other RPGs?
Do you actualy walk, when zooming? Or is it just optical illusion? I've done this too, but never actualy looked down to se if i am indeed walking.

Top Bottom