No water shaders bug (with workaround).

+
No water shaders bug (with workaround).

This happens (water graphics set to ultra): http://imgur.com/a/ft5K8

I'm using an i7 3770K 3.4Ghz, 780GTX 4GB, 8GB RAM, Win7 64bit.

Reloading save/game doesnt work. Only workaround seems to be meditating.

I had the same bug yesterday. A simple meditating seem to have fixed it

Edit: but thats already in the OP :)

That's no "fix". It always returns to it's flat state at some point. Can't even play the game with it looking like this.

I actually never thought this to be a bug tbh. I consider the water the one single graphical downside of the game. Everything looks great, just not the water. Figured they'll make it better with a patch someday, when all gamebreaking stuff is fixed...or a mod comes out that makes it prettier. :D

So...is it really a bug? Have to try the meditation next time I see it like this.

Enlighten me, what is the problem with it? I just can't figure out what's wring lol

Must be a bug if a pond in Velen has more waves and detail than the ocean in The Skellige Isles. Could be wrong, but the game may be incorrectly using the flat 'water state' found inside caves. Search the titles in this forum for "water" if you want to see more threads about it.

---------- Updated at 11:03 AM ----------

The water is supposed to look like this in clear, calm weather:

Not like this:

(None of those were taken by me, by the way.)

Attachments

• Witcher 3 Water Bug  3.JPG
    Witcher 3 Water Bug 3.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 43
  • witcher3 2015-05-27 21-44-45-04.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-27 21-44-45-04.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
But the water in his screenshots doesn't look perfectly flat, it still has some detail to it.

If you play the PS4 game without any patches, it the water looks very similar to the pictures he posted. It looks less detailed initially, but it's actually far more reactive to the weather and wind. When it rains this kills performance, but looks fantastic. The day one patch (1.01,1.02) changes this to the water you typically see in most video's and screenshot, reducing dynamicism but improving performance.

Is it possible that the 'ultra' setting reintroduces this more dynamic water? How does it look during the rain or when it's extremely windy?

Top Bottom