Nomad car can't drive

+
I'm posting this question for a buddy of mine.
He's been starting with nomad and having an absolute blast with the game.
However he encounterd an strange bug.
He left the car to do some scavenging and when he came back to the car he couldn't drive it.
The wheels were spinning and everything was working except the throttle.

He switchted from conrtoller to keyboard but nothing working.
The car also teleported back to his garage ( no idea if thats the way it should be... i'm playing streetkid) and he said that older save files also had this problem.
Is this a know bug? of does somebody know a fix for this.
Or can i tell my friend to start a new game...

Thanks!

Hey,
I have the same problem. Nomad start.
Repaired the car and drove it outside the town. Then I went on foot to radio tower. After completing that part my car was teleported to mechanic's garage and I can't move it. Getting inside, it seems it's working (I see hot fumes), turning is working (wheels seems to move left/right) but the car can't accelerate/move. Pressing W or up arrow does nothing. Don't know if this affects all Nomad gameplays or I just bugged it.

Unfortunately not. It's so early that I'll just start a new game.
Post automatically merged:

Started a new game and drove the car right beside the gate to radio tower. It seems it's working now.
After exiting the garage for the first time try not to leave your car anywhere far from your char. Or so it seems.

Last edited:
It is the same with me (Nomad). I was going to tower on walk (decided to spare some fuel from very beginning). Than went back into garrage, but the car wont go anywhere. I am pushing the W button but nothing happens. I dont want to start the game again from start because I have almost 3 hours of gameplay behind me.

I'm posting this question for a buddy of mine.
He's been starting with nomad and having an absolute blast with the game.
However he encounterd an strange bug.
He left the car to do some scavenging and when he came back to the car he couldn't drive it.
The wheels were spinning and everything was working except the throttle.

He switchted from conrtoller to keyboard but nothing working.
The car also teleported back to his garage ( no idea if thats the way it should be... i'm playing streetkid) and he said that older save files also had this problem.
Is this a know bug? of does somebody know a fix for this.
Or can i tell my friend to start a new game...

Thanks!

I find that button commands are randomly not working. I've had my sprint and scan features randomly stop working. I find that sometimes saving the game breaks this. Otherwise I run 6-8 saves so that I can always load back to a save that takes me back 5-10 minutes at most.

I do the same with the multiple saves, just in case.
My buddy fixed the problem by starting a new game btw so everything is working on his side.

When I was driving to the inspection station I got stuck on top of a barricade and couldn't reset the car so I could drive again. Maybe you guys could make a reset vehicle command so that this can be corrected

I have an issue too with my Galena. I was doing a gig where I had to rescue guy from a Militech camp, after I dropped him off in that river bed I can't get in the car. I scanned it but status is locked. I tried to restart the game, still the issue. I can access the stash but can't drive my car. I can call it and it shows up but still can't get in the car. I was able to fix it by going back to an earlier save before the issue occurred. I had to do a gig over again but it worked out I can drive my Galena again. I hope that can be fixed though so it doesn't even happen.

Last edited:
I ran into this issue with my Type-66 "Javelina".

To fix... I blew up the car... and ordered a replacement through the vehicle menu. :)

I ran into this issue with my Type-66 "Javelina".

To fix... I blew up the car... and ordered a replacement through the vehicle menu. :)
that's what I did to fix this when the same car was "stuck" in the mission no drive area after the mission and couldn't drive away...blow up, run away, re order

Top Bottom