• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Part of main game

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope it won't be a spoiler but I have a question.

In some PnP CP campaigns, with players caring less than usual about social norms and law big part of their budget was coming from, well... kidnapping people, cutting out their organs and selling them on black market.

Just asking... For a friend.

I was hoping I could create a Media who creates his own headlines. Alas... no Media role in game.

Don't know if organ harvesting is a feature for the player, but I don't see why not since there are people there who do it.

What is your question? Will players be able to do this sort of thing or will they have to do this sort of thing?

I'm not sure. It might not be part of the first storyline, but given time something like this could be added. It was certainly a possibility in the original Cyberpunk 2020. Given the right ref.

I was hoping I could create a Media who creates his own headlines. Alas... no Media role in game.

Don't know if organ harvesting is a feature for the player, but I don't see why not since there are people there who do it.
It might be a big selling point if players are able to *ahem* cut and run.

Would be pretty awesome. Dunno if it's something V will be able to do at their leisure but you could maybe come across a NPC that offers you such a job. Guy doesn't pay his debts, you are hired to make him pay with their cybernetics... merc work.

Since we're not playing Geralt CDPR has more freedom in what quests they throw your way and I hope they take full advantage of that.

We may not be playing Geralt but we also aren't playing our own character. V could just as easily remove certain freedoms from players in the same way. As they said, "V will still very much be their own person".

True, but they're not as tied down by a chacter someone else created and wrote extensively about. It's their character so they have a more artistic freedom in that regard.

In a PnP Cyberpunk, go for it ... just be aware most people ... even most lowlifes ... take a dim view of such an "occupation".
(( Even lowlifes are "attached" (yeah, bad humor) to their cybernetics. ))
In a video game anything you can do has to be designed and scripted into the game. And I'd doubt this is.

I'm really hoping it's not a one way 1 to 100 gauge, but also considers what the cred is gotten from. So if I play as a mischief, the content that opens is of the mischief kind. And vice versa.
Would be nice, but I rather doubt it works that way.

I'm really hoping it's not a one way 1 to 100 gauge, but also considers what the cred is gotten from. So if I play as a mischief, the content that opens is of the mischief kind. And vice versa.

However, street cred is not a this or that sort of thing. Your street cred with the yakuza would probably have no effect on a Corp type, but it would certainly get you noticed by the cops. So street cred needs to be a double (or triple) edged sword.

However, street cred is not a this or that sort of thing. Your street cred with the yakuza would probably have no effect on a Corp type, but it would certainly get you noticed by the cops. So street cred needs to be a double (or triple) edged sword.
Yep.
I'd personally prefer if Street Cred was faction specific, but for simplicity sake I highly doubt it is.

for simplicity sake I highly doubt it is.

It's kinda weird. Everything else seems to get so much attention and general reactivity is super highlighted, but this kind of thing - that even seems like one of the central elements in the game - they'd leave as a kind of a bare bones feature.

It's kinda weird. Everything else seems to get so much attention, but this kind of thing - that even seems like one of the central elements in the game - they'd leave as a kind of a bare bones feature.
Yep.
But needing to do a shitload of missions to gain cred with the 50 zillion factions (every gang, the cops, each individual corp, etc. etc.) would be a "bit" of a pain don't you think?

It's kinda weird. Everything else seems to get so much attention and general reactivity is super highlighted, but this kind of thing - that even seems like one of the central elements in the game - they'd leave as a kind of a bare bones feature.

Maybe there's separate reputation system with Street Cred being like a base value for more general stuff and faction specific reputation for other stuff, like personal interactions, potential love affairs, hidden quests.

We can hope.

Top Bottom