• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Part of main game

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We saw a pool table and some basketball in the trailer. Who knows? I do hope they have something to unwind in a bar the same way we did with Gwent in a tavern.

I was just reading one of the articles about that 50 minutes long gameplay shows to the media and...

First mission is actualy saving people from being scavenged. And part of the reward or that was few "karma" points with Trauma Team so, we might actualy get what were talking about here. Scavenging - because I'm hoping that we can either save those victims or kill scavengers and take parts for ourselves. And faction specific reputation system.
Is there a reputation system? didnt hear anything about that.

I loved how it fit the theme of the game, you were a newcomer thrown into hostile world, whole "just one small fish in the pond" thing. And the place you started with was perfect for it:

download (1).jpg

Looks terrible, right? Even comes with some kind of wooden plank right in the middle of it, probably covering hole/extra ventilation in room floor. But that's what made it great! It perfectly suited starting "tone" of the game.

Later on, you get to move to a much better place:

MTS_Slipslop-1022036-PlayerApartment.jpg

So REDS, don't shy away from doing the same! Throw some dirt on the walls, give us lousy furniture and cheap TV.

Also paying a rent would be nice add-on or player having to invest in security. Open world games need expenses, to keep economy from spiraling out of control.

Cyber security, random shots in neighbour aparmtent quest, drugs, dozen of locks on door, funny next door neigbour, sims decoration system, book shelf with books, TV programs, radio programs, fish pet, secret gun shelf, drone vacuumer, mirror to see yourself (hahahah), actually being robbed, garage , hologram paintings, mini-games, maybe weapon bench, wardrobe, sword shack, cd projekt red t shirt, e3 cyberpunk 2077 t-shirt.

I hope an abode is going to be of much more importance than it was in bloodlines where you only checked e-mail honestly. They have smarphones for that now.

Yeah the side quests grant Street cred, which is the rep for opening up more side quests with factions that wouldn't deal with a nobody.

Summoning "V:TM Bllodlines" should go with some serious anti jinx magic. That was great game, one of the greates if not the greates RPG by the 2004. It has a lot of promise, exceptional potential, yet it failed. Primarily because of bugs. It was out just too early. Just 2-3 months more work and Troika would survive and maybe we'd had VTM:B2 in the couple of years.

Economy. Yest. That's what RPG lacks. Cost of living. Your place costs, your car costs, fuel costs, food costs. Your cyberware needs regular maintenace. So your weapons. It could be dome by several simple scripts. You just pay a single sum every week. You fail and some things fll apart. Your car won't start or your cyber eye goes nuts. Your great, purely cosmetic Holo Set doesn't work and you need to come up with 1000E$ of your character's wallet and by new (or not). All without peinstackingli checking every things in your inv to make sure they are in good shape.
And if you're behind your rent? Maybe some boostergang ransacks your place and the landlord is like "Strange, I haven't seen anything..." :)

Summoning "V:TM Bllodlines" should go with some serious anti jinx magic. That was great game, one of the greates if not the greates RPG by the 2004. It has a lot of promise, exceptional potential, yet it failed. Primarily because of bugs. It was out just too early. Just 2-3 months more work and Troika would survive and maybe we'd had VTM:B2 in the couple of years.

Well, luckily CDPR does't have a publisher to fuck them over.

So many potentially great RPGs got screwed over by publishers.. KOTOR 2, Dragon Age 2 ( Well, Bioware in General). Good thing CD Red publishes its own games.

Back on topic, such an ingame economy sounds interesting and would stop you just throwing money at anything as a solution. There is a danger of it feeling like a chore. Picking up a job because you need to pay the bills is a good motivation to set a quest in motion organically, not able to buy any upgrades for hours because of bills can get tedious

Funny topic y'all raised here. You guys do know REDs are just development team that answers to their master publisher like when they had to answer to higher ups after two The Witcher 3 delays. And regional distributors are also counted as publishers of all things. If not for Atari in USA and Noviy Disk in Russia there wouldn't be any Witcher series and CP2077 and The Witcher 3 would have far more modest sales figures since people are still buying discs ya know.

Funny topic y'all raised here. You guys do know REDs are just development team that answers to their master publisher like when they had to answer to higher ups after two The Witcher 3 delays. And regional distributors are also counted as publishers of all things. If not for Atari in USA and Noviy Disk in Russia there wouldn't be any Witcher series and CP2077 and The Witcher 3 would have far more modest sales figures since people are still buying discs ya know.
https://player.fm/series/kotaku-splitscreen/e3-2018-the-challenges-of-making-cyberpunk-2077
7:40

Also there is strong indication that we will have faction specific reputation similar Fallout 1/2 system, where you had Karma which was overal indicator of how good/bad you are and reputations with each cities as two separate things.

It's really fun game... just don't open it.
Hahaha, I had to do a double take at the "don't open it" x)

I loved Bloodline's, I finished a playthrough a few months ago and yes, the Night time radio host, even though you never met or interacted with her, was a great atmospheric addition to the game. It let you know about some of the crazy things happening in the dead of night and added to the lore of the game while keeping you entertained (especially with the radio host down to earth realistic yet flirtatious attitude).

I heartidly agree with Loostreaks, the home V inherits from begining should be a "shithole" compared to what they can have access to towards EndGame. Give us a transition to what life is like as someone barely making ends meet, to the luxurious life of the wealthy 1% of Night City. That would be great way and place to have most of our social "down time" interactions with love interests, potential companion characters (invite them over for minigame time or to advance personal story instead of going to their usual hangout if you don't feel like making the trip!) and a place to collect our ingame Trophies!!!

Not enough game have this feature to have visual representation of our ingame progression, having a bunch of Trophies set around the house would give a direct visual feedback of our accomplishments (the eye of a cyberhacker that we took down, the banner of a gang we wiped out, the signed helmet of a racer we saved, etc) I mention this because this was one of my favorite features in Star Wars XWing Alliance ;)

Top Bottom